Author Topic: Boehner Animated by '95 Memory  (Read 2346 times)

Offline Rapunzel

Boehner Animated by '95 Memory
« on: April 13, 2011, 03:16:00 am »
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_041211/content/01125117.guest.html

Boehner Animated by '95 Memory
April 12, 2011

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT
RUSH: Terry in Phoenix.  It's great to have you on the EIB Network.  Hello, sir.

CALLER:  Oh, Rush, Rush, Rush, I am so... I'm really jacked here.  I hope my broadcast insurance with the Justice Brothers is current.  If not, Bo better keep his hand on the bleep button.

RUSH:  Ah, we got a 40 second delay here.  You have no qualms whatsoever.

CALLER:  All right, great.  First of all: Tom, the guy that sent you that e-mail? Screw him.  You've gotta hit the opponent with as much as you got every chance you get.  You don't hold anything back at any time. So...

RUSH:  Well, Tom thought I wasn't being optimistic enough, spending too much time whining, which I don't agree with.  I don't think I'm whining.  I think I'm trying to correct the record and teach but to each his own.

CALLER:  Yeah.  Well, I just noticed my notes are written on the reminder to renew my Rush 24/7. (chuckles) Now, let me talk about Boehner for a second if I may?

RUSH:  Yeah, go ahead.

CALLER:  Okay, since --

RUSH:  How much time you need?  We got about 4-1/2 minutes.

CALLER:  That should be plenty, I hope.

RUSH:  Cool.

CALLER:  I feel like, since he was elected the Speaker of the House, he's been wooing me; and he's a really good-looking guy and he's been talking nice things to me -- you know, me being the regular taxpayer, and while things were really good, looking good and I decided, "Sure, I'll go with this guy," and then last Friday night, you know, there we were at the dance, and I think he mighta slipped me a roofie, because when I woke up Saturday morning, man, I was sore all over.  I think it was date rape.  I'm not sure.

RUSH:  Whoa ho-ho-ho.  Whoa, from Alan Simpson accusing people of "diddling" their secretaries while talking about "social issues" to you feeling date raped we've about covered it here.

CALLER:  Well, the best thing that we got out of that deal is maybe they're playing reruns on NPR, otherwise we got nothing.  You know?

RUSH:  (laughing)

CALLER:  So I got two questions --

RUSH:  (laughing) I love that.  Play reruns on NPR. Okay, what are the questions?

CALLER:  What are we gonna do about Boehner?  You know, for years and years us Republicans have been, "Oh, well, you know, he didn't realize that it was gonna come out that way, and he was trying his best, and he's doing the good work," and yada yada, blah, blah, but we can't afford that, Rush.  You know, things are too close.

RUSH:  Boehner is a good guy.  You know, I've played golf with Boehner and I know him.  He's a good guy, and he's (I think), in a lot of cases, animated by not making what he thinks were the mistakes made during the Newt days, and he clearly thinks the government shutdown was a mistake.  He doesn't want to be perceived as the architect of that. You know, we disagree about that.  I don't think the government shutdown is an end to anything.  I think it's a tool.  I don't offer this as an excuse.  I say this just trying to help people maybe to understand -- not agree with, but to understand -- the sentiment our people have about the media.  It is a genuine fear, and I can't emphasize it enough. And when you look at them looking at what's happened to Sarah Palin, they don't want that.  They don't. They don't want to be in those crosshairs. They don't want any part of it.  It's just they don't think they can handle it. They don't think they can overcome it.  If they end up being targeted like Palin, they think it's the end of their career.

CALLER:  You know, if we give them credit for being a million people in the media that would vote the way they report it, big deal.  We got 20 million listeners of you, like me, that can overturn that.  So, he needs to know that we're behind him no matter what the media says.  So I don't know how we get that message to him.

RUSH:  Well, that's a good point.  It's a good point. I'll tell him!

CALLER:  You know, and I have another question. I know you can fix it because you are the greatest. I can't get GoToMyPC to work on iPad.

RUSH:  Well, have you got the app?

CALLER:  I don't have the iPad. (chuckles)

RUSH:  Oh, you don't have the iPad.  You don't have the iPad.

CALLER:  I was just pulling your leg, Rush.

RUSH:  That's so shameless, I can't reward you.

CALLER:  I know. (laughing)

RUSH: (laughing) That's so, so shameless.

CALLER:  I know, but I did say the NPR rerun thing.

RUSH:  Yeah, I know. I know.

CALLER: (laughing)

RUSH: (laughing) Jeez, and I've got like 20 seconds, max.

CALLER:  By the way, the Donald Trump? You know, he's touching the nerves that need to be touched.

RUSH:  All right, he is.  I gotta go.  I really do.  Thanks very much.
END TRANSCRIPT
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: Boehner Animated by '95 Memory
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2011, 03:18:36 am »
Sorry, Rap....I was busy with work all day.  This is the first chance I've had to exhale.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2011, 03:20:37 am »
That's okay, I figured you were busy, I did a quick and dirty, not as nice as when you do it........ your posts look more professional ~LOL~
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2011, 03:24:09 am »
That's okay, I figured you were busy, I did a quick and dirty, not as nice as when you do it........ your posts look more professional ~LOL~

LOL!  Thanks for replying to them, Rap!  It's noticed by me that you go out of your way.    :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2011, 03:26:26 am »
LOL!  Thanks for replying to them, Rap!  It's noticed by me that you go out of your way.    :beer:

:beer:

BTW, I like your new Avatar.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2011, 03:34:47 am »
Yeah....he's a bit squashed.

I'll ask our resident genius....Oceander to put it in the proper perspective.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2011, 03:42:25 am »
I see what you mean, still like it though.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2011, 04:12:29 am »
I see what you mean, still like it though.

thanks, Rap!

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2011, 04:19:25 am »
Having been spending recent days in the car all day, had a chance to listen to Rush, Sean...ugh, and Mark Levin.

I have to disagree with Rush and Levin on Boehner's taking the threat of a walkout off the table.

Who here thinks that Obama would be fazed by that?  By soldier's not getting paid....their wives and children going hungry, homeless?

Hell, Obama would get wood in such an event.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2011, 04:20:28 am »
I think it what he wanted and why he said he would veto the CR... not because it was a CR, but because it called to fund the military the remainder of the year.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2011, 04:30:23 am »
I think it what he wanted and why he said he would veto the CR... not because it was a CR, but because it called to fund the military the remainder of the year.

How in the hell does the United States of America have it that a shutdown pays the blowhards on Capitol Hill but not the soldier in harm's way?

IOW....why are we boxed in and why hadn't Newt back in 96 ever introduced legislation to correct the travesty?
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 04:31:58 am by DCPatriot »

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2011, 06:28:16 am »
How in the hell does the United States of America have it that a shutdown pays the blowhards on Capitol Hill but not the soldier in harm's way?

IOW....why are we boxed in and why hadn't Newt back in 96 ever introduced legislation to correct the travesty?

If you ask my opinion, I think Obama boxed Boehner in with the military vote. Despicable on his part, and he knew it would make the GOP look bad if it came to that, which is all he cares about, I think he could care less about the military.