Author Topic: Bam Press Conference Analysis [ Not a work/question re: Wisconsin]  (Read 2694 times)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Bam Press Conference Analysis
March 11, 2011

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: I just listened to a little bit Obama's press conference opening spreading his "calm" on the troubled waters between here and Japan, and he pointed out that we are at one with the Japanese people.  The American people, through him, offer our condolences, and we will do anything. He said we're sending an aircraft contemporary over there to help them.  He didn't identify the aircraft carrier.  I happen to know which one it is.  It's the USS Ronald Reagan.  Obama didn't identify it.  I don't know if that was purposeful or a faux pas or he thought it was not relevant but just so you know: It's the USS Ronaldus Magnus that's now steaming its way to Japan.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: All right, here's a little review of Obama's press conference so far.  He opened by bragging about increased domestic oil production.  He said that he's gonna be monitoring price gouging.  He'll be looking at it.  Spoken like a true community organizer.  Of all the things going on, what does he see?  Price gouging.  He's gonna be monitoring that, mind you.  He's not gonna make sure we got more supply, no, no, no.  He's gonna monitor price gouging.  Of course, Big Oil out to rip everybody off during this unfortunate time.  So that's one.  Then he started bragging about increased domestic oil production.  That's a story they put out.  They say their oil production is up even with the moratoriums.  I saw that story last week, maybe the week before.  Yeah, we're supposed to believe it, by 300,000 barrels, a month or a week or something, oil production, way, way up after Obama's drilling moratorium.  He says he's encouraging oil production but he is doing it responsibly.  That's what they always say.  Whatever they're doing, we're doing it smarter than our predecessor; we're doing it intelligently.

He also said that he's now looking into new oil from Alaska.  By the way, I know a little bit about this.  I think I can safely reveal that there has been in the Democrat Party a softening in their opposition to drilling in ANWR.  While I can't tell you how, just don't doubt me.  This is not etched in stone.  I said I have sensed a softening in their opposition to drilling in ANWR.  No, it has nothing to do with the oil price, per se.  There might be some connection, but it's largely unrelated to that.  It has other political attachments to it.  And again, you people at Mediaite and other places, do not misquote me on this.  If you want to misquote me, wait 'til it's on my website so you can misquote me accurately.  I'm saying the Democrats have not changed their minds and are willing to support drilling in ANWR.  I'm saying I am sensing a softening of opposition to it, an openness to it.  However, there might be some tradeoffs, obviously.
But even after Obama said he's looking at a new oil from Alaska, he then said in the next minute that drilling is not a long-term solution.  It's the only short-term, long-term, period, solution.  But what he's setting up here is windmills.  That's the long-term solution, windmills and solar panels.  I had a story last week, somebody where there's a bunch of windmills, they're being driven insane by the noise.  The noise of the turbines is driving them literally insane.  They close the windows.  It's so loud they can't escape the noise.  This windmills stuff, no pun intended, isn't gonna fly.  But the long-term solution he means is wind mills and solar panels, when he says drilling is not a long-term solution.  Look, you have a president here, a community organizer, a party that is politically opposed to oil.  Don't ask me to explain it logically.  It doesn't make any sense.  After saying that we are looking into new oil from Alaska, that drilling is not the long-term solution, the next minute Obama said that we have to gradually reduce demand.  That's tantamount to saying I'm not really concerned about the rising prices if they are slow.  If prices increase slowly, that's fine, if that reduces demand, that's cool.  If we have to deny free markets and do what we can to reduce demand by elevating price, we'll do it 'cause that will take us closer to our dream of solar panels and windmills.

He said that green tech is the answer to this energy crisis that we're facing.  You knew this was gonna happen.  Here you've got a skyrocketing oil price, a momentary blip in it, it's fallen a little bit, but you know they've been waiting for this.  Hello Chevy Volt. Hello all the reasons that you don't want to buy these cars, the market seems to be creating them.  Green tech is the answer.  Solar, wind -- (interruption) yeah, just like Spain.  It isn't the answer.  There is no place, not one country, not one county, not one place in this world that has its needs met with solar or wind.  Now, keep in mind we're told that our young president here is moving to the center.  What we have here is environmentalist wackism right at the forefront of this press conference, and there is nothing center right about environmentalist wackoism.  So what Obama has done is double down on failure.  He's doubled down on failure when it comes to increasing America's energy, sources, supply.  He wants to reduce our consumption and need, and he wants to do this by tampering with the market and elevate prices. 

Now, we had a story just three days ago.  "Today, the Department of Energy’s independent U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA) released their latest Short Term Energy Outlook for projected crude oil production in the Gulf of Mexico.  Despite the misleading comments made by Interior Secretary Salazar last week, GOM crude oil production has continued to significantly decline since the Obama Administration’s de facto moratorium. EIA’s latest numbers also show the Obama Administration’s anti-energy policies have made us more vulnerable to energy price spikes as we have become increasingly reliant on unstable foreign energy." So they're out there lying through their teeth telling us that oil production is up despite their moratoriums.  It isn't.  Oil production is down.  It's from the US House Committee on Natural Resources.  That's the source.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH:  Obama says the Republicans want cuts in the budget that he won't accept, and Obama said he's tired of people using the budget to advance ideological and political objectives.  Can you believe the outrage that somebody would do that?  He totally opposes using the budget to advance anybody's ideological objectives.  He only says this when the Republicans are in charge of writing the budget, by the way.  His whole budget, all of it, every dime that we don't have that he spends is about advancing his totalitarian agenda.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Obama said the United States has to stop funding programs that don't work.  Now, that is truly radical, because if he meant it, what would be left?  Name one that does!  I'm only 10% joking here.  Name one that really does what it was and is designed to do. 

I haven't been able to watch this.  I've been hosting the program.  I might have missed them, but I haven't heard any questions to Obama about what happened in Wisconsin.  And I'm wondering if the press corps has been told to avoid the subject.  I'm just gonna tell you, ladies and gentlemen, if there are no questions about Wisconsin, or if there are just a few, and if they come very late in this presser, let me tell you what that means.  It means the internal polls must be really bad for the unions, and they don't want to bring this up, they do not want to have Obama talk about it.  Now, we have staff rolling on this, keeping a sharp eye.  I want all of you watching this to keep a sharp eye and let me know the minute there's a question about Wisconsin.  This press conference started pretty much on time, at 12:30 Eastern time. 

Obama's answer to what Khadafy is doing to his citizens is to say that we're gonna maintain a 24-hour surveillance on what's going on over there.  We're gonna keep a sharp eye, Obama said we're watching.  Spoken like true spectator-in-chief.  Remember he really can't do much because he spent so much time denigrating US involvement in the Middle East as a candidate.  He ripped George W. Bush a new one, all the Democrats did, for imposing freedom, for imposing our way of life on Iraq and Afghanistan. So to go in there and do something about Khadafy would make him in the eyes of his base a hypocrite.  So he keeps talking about we need to be in consultation with the international community.  Well, look, Obama's a community organizer, he's an agitator.  He's not a leader here.  He doesn't want the US to lead in this circumstance.  He's perfectly fine being a spectator, and of course wagging that finger and issuing warnings to Khadafy.  And of course Khadafy, who may be totally stoned by now, who knows, Khadafy's over there supposedly really threatened 'cause Obama says, (imitating Obama) "We're watching, pal.  We are watching, and furthermore, we are taking notes."  Now, listen to this.  We have a sound bite here.  We have three of them from the press conference from the last half hour.  This is the first.  Just listen to it.

OBAMA: Three years ago, before the recession hit, a combination of factors, including rising demand from emerging economies like China drove gas prices to more than four dollars a gallon.  The worldwide recession and the decrease in demand pushed prices back down.  But over the past year, as the economy's picked up steam and global demand for oil has increased, prices have increased again.  America is better prepared for supply disruptions than we used to be.  Today we use 7% less oil than we did it in 2005, even as our economy has grown since then.  Partly because our economy as a whole is more efficient, we're adapting.  We're producing more oil and we're importing less.

RUSH: That's not true.  It simply is not true.  I've got the charts and graphs to demo it.  I can't show them to do on the Dittocam.  It's too hard for me to do and too hard for you to follow.  But it's not true.  We are not producing more oil.  We got moratoriums, for crying out loud, and we are not importing less.  But the whole theme of this bite, gasoline prices are up because of our economic recovery?  That's akin to saying we have succeeded in reducing demand and we want to further reduce demand.  Let me translate that for you.  That means continued recession.  If there is a reduction in the demand for energy, that means there's no economic growth, and that's not an opinion.  That's mathematics.  Geometry.  Trigonometry.

We use 7% less oil than in 2005 and we're supposed to be out of the recession?  This is make-believe.  This is pure man behind the curtain Wizard of Oz make-believe. You know what this guy is trying to do?  The stimulus worked, we're creating new jobs, the recession is over.  As far as he's concerned and wants you to believe, everything he's done to revive this economy is working, and it's going so well that gasoline prices are up.  We now have to look at rising gasoline prices and thank him because it's a sign that the economy is coming back.  It's a sign there's an economic recovery.  Now, here he elaborates on the fact that he has increased oil production.

OBAMA: Our oil production reached its highest level in seven years.  Oil production from federal waters in the Gulf of Mexico reached an all-time high.  For the first time in more than a decade, imports accounted for less than half of what we consumed.  So any notion that my administration has shut down oil production might make for a good political sound bite, but it doesn't match up with reality.  The industry holds leases on tens of millions of acres, both offshore and on land where they aren't producing a thing.  So I directed the interior department to determine just how many of these leases are going undeveloped and report back to me within two weeks so that we can encourage companies to develop the leases they hold and produce American energy.

RUSH:  Yeah, with the rising price, it makes perfect sense for them to do this now, right?  So we got the leader of the regime who is demanding that these guys start bringing oil out of the ground at these prices, guaranteed to not be a profit situation.  Folks, I don't know how to deal with this.  We're not talking about some mayor running out there and bragging about trash collection here.  We've got the president of the United States telling us that oil production reached its highest level in seven years?  In the Gulf of Mexico is an all-time high production?  And for the first time in more than ten years imports account for less than half of what we're consuming?  If that's true, it's because we're consuming less, because our economy is not growing, because prices are going up. 

Man, this guy puts you in an awkward position.  It's like I've been saying all week, nobody wants to believe a president that doesn't believe in economic growth in the traditional American way and all that.  I can't believe he's lying like this.  "What do you mean, Rush?"  This is so brazen.  And of course you've got this compliant press corps there just lapping this up, their tongues are on the floor, just sucking it all up, they can't get enough of it. 

Anybody heard a question yet on Wisconsin at this press conference?  Has there been a question on Wisconsin yet?  Means the internal polling data is not good for the unions. 

All right.  Here we go again.  Final sound bite.  Listen to this.

OBAMA:  Even if we tap every single reserve available to us, we can't escape the fact that we only control 2% of the world's oil but we consume over a quarter of the world's oil.

RUSH: Oh, no.

OBAMA:  T. Boone Pickens who made his fortune in the oil business --

RUSH: Oh, no.

OBAMA: -- and I don't think anybody would consider him unfriendly to drilling, was right when he said that this is one emergency we can't drill our way out of.  We can't place our long-term bets on the finite resources that we only control 2% of, especially resources that are vulnerable to hurricanes, war, and political turmoil.

RUSH: This is the kind of day I don't even want to do this.  We've got more oil in the Bakken Reserve.  If we could go get it with fracking but they don't like fracking because the environmentalists don't like it.  We have more oil reserves than Saudi Arabia has.  Not in traditional deposits, but we've got it.  It's there.  In fact, in North Dakota, South Dakota, where this Bakken range is, unemployment's at 3%.  It's a boom time up there as people are signing on to start working for people trying to figure out a way to get this oil out of the ground.  Two percent of the world's oil?  And here's that old statistic, we're 2% of the world's population, 2% of the world's oil, using 25%.  My gosh, I've been hearing that for 20 years.  It's the environmentalist lament.  It's rooted in this whole belief that America's a bully; that America's a thief; that America's selfish and we're too big and we've taken more than our share.  It's time to give it back.  It's time we suffered like other people in the world have suffered, because of us.  That's the underlying belief that makes somebody say something like this.  Man, we consume too much of the world's oil.  That's right.  We're just rotten people and we gotta find out what the rest of the world feels like, the way they live.  We gotta find out. 
BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH:  Not one question about Wisconsin in the Obama presser.  I don't think there was a question about Wisconsin.  Folks, that's collusion.  You can't tell me that there wasn't one person in the White House press "corpse" who had any interest in what happened Wisconsin. I mean, it was only the news of the week! It's only the big news for the past month.  The Democrat Party and their allies went all in with everything they had to stop this.  Obama had Organizing for America implemented.  They were deployed.  It's over.  Not one question about it.  Now, this tells me that the corpse, it may have been suggesting that they not broach the subject.  After all, there are far more important things like the tsunami and earthquake in Japan.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH:  All right.  It's official.  There were no questions on Wisconsin asked of the regime at the press conference today.  Now, come on, folks, please.  It's only been the rallying cry of the Democrat Party.  We've only had Obama joining the debate saying we shouldn't vilify or denigrate public sector union people, they're our neighbors and so forth.  He got involved.  It's his website, Organizing for America, that organized all of the spittle-flecked protesters that were out there.  Not one question.  Not one statement made by Obama.  Again, let me tell you what this means.  I'll explain it by doing it the opposite way.  Had there been questions and had there been answers, had Obama made a statement, it would have meant that the polling data was clearly on his side, that the Republicans were really taking it in the shorts in the polls, and that it was a golden opportunity to hammer this whole business of destroying collective bargaining rights for unions.

If they had polling data that suggests that the Democrats won big in this thing that would have been 90% of the content of this presser.  And it didn't even come up.  This is Waterloo.  This is Obama's army defeated at Waterloo.  Napoleon didn't have a press conference either after Waterloo.  They must be quaking in their boots over the polling data out of Wisconsin, not just in Wisconsin but around the country on this.  Don't doubt me.  Snerdley, do not doubt me on this.  If it were otherwise, they would have been beating their chests like Tarzan.  Obama would have been out there trying to Jane and Cheetah and they'd be having a party swinging vine to vine to vine, but no, they can't even bring it up.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: I just want to review here.  Let me see if I have this straight.  From the Obama press conference where the subject of Wisconsin did not come up (either as a question or as a statement), Obama is blocking drilling in the Gulf of Mexico but we are producing more oil and gas than ever.  That's what he said.  Obama wants us to reduce our use of fossil fuels, but we are producing more oil and gas than ever. That's what he said.  Obama is killing jobs and industry, but we are producing more oil and gas than ever.  Does this add up to anyone?  Our economy is increasingly the use (and therefore the cost) of fuel.  He says the price of gasoline, folks -- in case you missed it -- is going up because of his economic recovery.

His economic recovery means rising gas prices, and to him he's very happy! That means reduced demand.  The higher the price, the less people will want to use it.  He likes that because that equals no economic growth.  In other words: A continued recession.  There's no other outcome.  If our energy production is not increasing -- and forget that.  If our demands for energy are being reduced, then there's no way our economy is growing.  I don't care what anybody says.  So our economy is increasing the use (and therefore the cost) of fuel.  We had 5% unemployment a few years ago.  We have 9% today, so how can any of this that he said be?

END TRANSCRIPT

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

Re: Bam Press Conference Analysis [ Not a work/question re: Wisconsin]
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2011, 10:04:27 pm »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2011, 11:13:15 pm »
Hmmm he is right.......... no questions on WI when that has been dominating our news for a month now?  Does that strike anyone else as strange?  Reading the replies to articles about the debacle in WI in the WI online articles tells me the polls MUST be bad for the unions, I have yet to see letters supporting what the Dims pulled and the unions pulled.  Seems the paid bloggers have not found their way there yet.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2011, 01:37:03 am »
I agree Rap. yet we are told everyone supports the unions.
I swear Rush always nails it! I can't hear him as much I used to, but it is good to read it all here.

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2011, 01:56:27 am »
Yep. Glad DC volunteered to take on this daily thread and I like having it broken down like this.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2011, 02:00:13 am »
It's my pleasure ladies. 

Find myself in the car for most of his show lately.  He's a genuine American treasure.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2011, 02:10:40 am »
It's my pleasure ladies. 

Find myself in the car for most of his show lately.  He's a genuine American treasure.

I have to listen on the internet and he is on the same time as Megyn Kelly on Fox and her show is pretty much must-watch TV every day,  she is going out on maternity leave so i may be tuning in more to Rush.

BTW did you happen to see who is back on Fox -- starting tonight on Geraldo  -- Laurie Duhe.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2011, 11:13:35 am »
You mean.....you mean....Laurie "The Lips" Duhe?    :thud:

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2011, 05:36:33 pm »
You mean.....you mean....Laurie "The Lips" Duhe?    :thud:

yep......