Author Topic: Obama Regime Software Creates Fake Online Propaganda Profiles  (Read 3589 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Obama Regime Software Creates Fake Online Propaganda Profiles
« on: February 21, 2011, 11:50:42 pm »

Obama Regime Software Creates Fake Online Propaganda Profiles
February 21, 2011

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: I'm surprised, it made me a little angry.  It shouldn't-a made me mad.  I should have expected it.  It's from a website called Social Media. Well, it's Examiner.com.  It might be the DC Examiner; could be the San Francisco Examiner, though I doubt it.  It's an Examiner somewhere, and there's a social media division of it.  "The US government is offering private intelligence companies contracts to create software to manage 'fake people' on social media sites and create the illusion of consensus on controversial issues."  I could summarize this: US government software is creating "fake people" on social networks to promote their own propaganda, to make it look like these sites are dominated by young liberal skulls full of mush.  

"The contract calls for the development of 'Persona Management Software' which would help the user create and manage a variety of distinct fake profiles online. The job listing was discussed in recently leaked emails from the private security firm HBGary after an attack by internet activist last week.  According to the contract, the software would 'protect the identity of government agencies' by employing a number of false signals to convince users that the poster is in fact a real person. A single user could manage unique background information and status updates for up to 10 fake people from a single computer."  

I don't know if this was part of the high-tech dinner agenda that Obama had last week with the guys from Google; Steve Jobs from Apple was there.  Obviously this activity predates the dinner.  So I don't know if the dinner was about this or not.  But are you surprised at all? Are you surprised that the...? Look at half of these leftist losers hanging around their homes all day in their underwear -- blogging, posting, commenting or what have you -- and perhaps each of them in charge of ten didn't fake people.  Nothing is real.  Nothing, particularly and especially with people on the left.  There have been people -- you know, posters, people posting Obama comments -- who were exposed as professionals.

Paid mercenary professionals, not ordinary, average American people.  Folks, I'm here to tell you that the media, wherever you look -- I don't care if it's books or television shows or movies, music, Internet, what have you, I'm telling you -- is so artificially balanced. I should better say "artificially out of balance."  Yeah, remember the woman...? What was her name? Ellie Light.  Remember the name? This Ellie Light was a woman who was writing letters to the editor of newspapers. The same letter would show up in ten or 12 different newspapers about some issue of the day at the time.  The fraud and the fakery, the insincerity that animates the left knows no bounds. (New Castrati impression)

"Are you saying, Mr. Limbaugh, that people on the right do not fake it like...?"  I don't know.  I've never heard of that happening.  I know that most people where I live, I'm in Literalville.  We live in the real world, and we don't want to win with fakery. We don't want to win with imaginary majorities.  We want it to be genuine and real.  Now, the left knows that they are a perpetual minority in terms of population, percentage of thinking in this country, but they control elements that make it appear as though they are the majority of thinking and people.  They control education, they control the media, they control Hollywood.

And so it can make it look like pop culture and every other normal aspect of life is dominated by people of liberal, leftist persuasion, when they're having to create "fake people" at places like Facebook and My Butt and whatever these places are. Twitter.  Fake people!  Fake friends, fake commenters, fake posters, fake bloggers.  This Ellie Light person was exposed almost exactly one year ago.  It was January in 2010.  So I just saw this story.  This is actually from a couple of days ago.  "Included in [the security firm] HBGary's leaked emails was a government proposal for the government contract. The document describes how they would 'friend' real people on Facebook as a way to convey government messages.
"The document reads:  'Those names can be cross-referenced across Facebook, [T]witter, MySpace, and other social media services to collect information on each individual. Once enough information is collected this information can be used to gain access to these individuals [sic] social circles. Even the most restrictive and security conscious of persons can be exploited. Through the targeting and information reconnaissance phase, a person’s hometown and high school will be revealed. An adversary can create a [C]lassmates.com account at the same high school and year and find out people you went to high school with that do not have Facebook accounts, then create the account and send a friend request," so that you think you're talking to somebody you went to school with, that you haven't seen in a long time, maybe weren't really close with.  

All of this is... It's all fake! So much of what passes for normalcy in this country -- majority thought, majority thinking, leftism -- it's all fake.  It has to be drummed up; it has to be amplified.  "To that end friend's [sic] accounts can be compromised and used to post malicious material to a targets wall," speaking of Facebook. "When choosing to participate in social media" any number of tricks can be played, and people can be in charge of ten entirely fake, phony individuals.  So if you do spend time at blogs and you post comments or you read comments, maybe get into a back-and-forth with some of the posters, ask 'em from now on: "Are you real, or are you one of the millions of fake Democrats and fake leftists bought and paid for by the regime?"  

Remember, it's the Obama administration doing this -- and why?  Why do they have to create fake numbers, fake people?  Why do they have to manufacture people who don't exist? It's precisely because very few people agree with what they believe.  Very few -- in terms of the majority population in the country, very few -- actually think the way they do.  They have to fake it.  They have to make themselves look like they're mainstream when they're actually nothing but fringe, and Obama has an entire media wing who post on Twitter and Facebook for him.  They're from MoveOn.org.  There's a whole wing. When I say a media wing, I'm talking about a brigade, a division.  Who knows how many people are out there working Facebook and Twitter each and every day, for Obama.  

Fake identities.  Fake people.  You know, Lenin called his party "the Bolsheviks."  That means "big party," but it was actually quite small, and it's what we're dealing with here.  We're dealing with absolute false, fake imagery, because that's all they can do to make themselves look legitimate; all they can do to make themselves look like a majority because they aren't.  The truth is that majority of people are not them and disagree with them profoundly.  It just doesn't like look like it because, as I say, every place you go in academia -- every movie theater you go to, every movie you watch practically (there are exceptions of course), every television show, doesn't matter -- makes it look like the cool thing to do, cool thing to be, the way to be hip, the way to be relevant, the way to be in the big clique is to be a leftist, be a Democrat, be a compassionate liberal.  

Propaganda.  

It's the way they make it look like they're huge but they're not.  It's an amazing story.  It's not the last time we'll be discussing it.

Quick time-out.  We'll grab some phone calls when we come back, and in earnest -- we might get started earlier, but in earnest at the top of the next hour -- we'll delve deep into the latest what's going on in Wisconsin regarding the Democrats and the teacher strike. And again, let's extrapolate to the number of people in Wisconsin protesting against the governor.  How many of those people are genuine fakes?  How much of that's been drummed up by people who really don't have any skin in the game; they're just there because they've the bottom time, it's a rent-a-mob, fun to be part of or what have you; making it look like the vast majority of the American people oppose this extremist wacko governor and his party?  And the dangerous thing here is is that these RINO Republicans, these moderates, these people who wring their hands and say (sobbing), "Can't we all get along?  I don't like to fight! I don't like arguing."  They believe all this nonsense about the size and breadth and depth and scope of the left, dealing with actually chump change in terms of real numbers.

END TRANSCRIPT

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 11:53:03 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

Re: Obama Regime Software Creates Fake Online Propaganda Profiles
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2011, 11:53:56 pm »
In essence couldn't they create 'fake people' and then commit an act of terror?
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2011, 11:59:28 pm »

Absolutely amazing. Wonder if Boehner is aware of this? Mitch McConnell.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2011, 12:06:36 am »
And then identify said people as tea partiers?  You betcha.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Oceander

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2011, 12:17:47 am »
Gee, as if it weren't bad enough that the democrats were using dead people to vote, now they're going to be using virtual people to shepherd real people in predetermined directions without telling them that they're being shepherded.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2011, 12:24:08 am »
Seems like an awful lot of trouble to gang up on noobies!    Okay....to quiet or mute a trending POV?

Oceander

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2011, 12:26:23 am »
Seems like an awful lot of trouble to gang up on noobies!    Okay....to quiet or mute a trending POV?

It's a rather troubling concept and is even worse than the putative "journalist" who "forgets" to mention that s/he has a quid pro quo for positive coverage of an administration's policies.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2011, 12:28:09 am »
And then, how easy would it be to track all people who die, and then depending on their voting habits, etc., give them a virtual life on the blogs?  Again, dead people already vote so what's the point?

Nefarious reasons.  I want to know a lot more about this.

Oceander

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2011, 12:36:27 am »
And then, how easy would it be to track all people who die, and then depending on their voting habits, etc., give them a virtual life on the blogs?  Again, dead people already vote so what's the point?

Nefarious reasons.  I want to know a lot more about this.

I'm not talking about giving dead people a second life online (that was just a passing reference to the democrats' known willingness to have dead voters continue voting from beyond the grave); I'm talking about how having an organization set up sophisticated sock-puppets to push the administration's point of view as if it were some sort of an impromptu, unplanned consensus - that's the part that's really troubling.

Offline wtf21

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2011, 12:36:54 am »
Hmmmmm...wonder how reliable Examiner.com is...

http://absolutewrite.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-168257.html

"I am a former employee of Examiner.com and I need to warn you of what is happening. The site is nothing but a scam. You think you are being paid every month, but Examiner, at certain points, freezes your page views no matter how many page hits you get. They do this for about a half hour each day. Sometimes, they reduce your page views at the very end of the evening. Very few people have noticed or complained.

There have been several examiners who haven't been paid for their work. I wish I knew of anybody suing them because I would be a witness.

Writing for this site will look bad on your resume. Examiner.com has a bad reputation and there is a reason why. Up until recently, there was no quality control (and there still isn't much). People have put up the most laughable articles in order to get page hits. Instead of having the channel managers actually check content before it gets displayed, they put up a "Report Article" button so people who don't like your article can complain about it. ONLY THEN do they actually look at your article. It doesn't matter if it's a good article. If you write about - lets say - Michael Jackson and his crazy fans complain, the article will be deleted, even if you are telling the truth. They don't have a political preference like some people claim, but if you don't like an article about - let's say - Barack Obama, you can complain ten different times under a different guise. They will delete the article and give the author a warning. QUALITY DOESN'T MATTER at Examiner.com.

Please don't fall for their scam. You can bet that the page view rate will sharply decrease in the next couple of months because a lot of advertisers have caught on to the Examiner.com scam and don't want to be associated with the site."

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2011, 12:46:13 am »
thanks, wtf!  I'll look further at the 'evidence'.

...but consider that he just held a milk summit with the geniuses of the tech age.

PS:  Do NOT miss Beck's show this Friday.  Supposed to be a keeper.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 01:58:35 am by DCPatriot »

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2011, 01:55:18 am »
Surely people didn't think Obama flew to Silicon Valley for a private dinner with his software fiefdom for the fun of it........
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776