Author Topic: Politics and Celebrity Collide  (Read 58141 times)

Online mountaineer

Re: Politics and Celebrity Collide
« Reply #50 on: October 14, 2011, 01:38:09 pm »
The MSM will report that Ailes assaulted a liberal by sneaking up and grabbing him from behind.
Ailes saves choked liberal
Last Updated: 4:20 AM, October 14, 2011

Fox News head Roger Ailes has saved the life of a liberal. Ailes and anchor Eric Bolling came to the rescue of analyst Bob Beckel when he began choking over lunch yesterday. Ailes was taking the hosts of Fox News’ “The Five” to lunch with execs Bill Shine and Suzanne Scott, when Beckel choked on a shrimp.

“He was leaning over strangely and turning different colors,” said a source at Del Frisco’s, adding that Ailes “noticed first, stood up and immediately began performing the Heimlich. Ailes led the way. When [Beckel] was still red and purple, Bolling came in for the assist, and then Beckel spat something up.”

On-air later, a grateful Beckel said, “We were having lunch and I choked. I couldn’t breathe at all. My boss Roger Ailes stood up and gave me the Heimlich. He couldn’t get his arms all the way around me, but he loosened it up. My brother here [Bolling] saved my existence. I want to thank everybody.” He advised viewers, “Don’t eat too fast. And don’t eat big shrimp.”
NY Post
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mountaineer

« Reply #51 on: October 17, 2011, 05:01:40 pm »
Gaga loves Bill
By BOB FREDERICKS
Last Updated: 9:53 AM, October 17, 2011

She’s gaga over Bubba!

Pop superstar Lady Gaga seductively sang for ex-President Bill Clinton à la Marilyn Monroe during a star-studded celebration of the 10th anniversary of the silver-haired horndog’s charitable foundation.

“Bill, I’m having my first Marilyn moment. I always wanted to have one, and I was hoping that it didn’t involve pills and a strand of pearls,” the edgy songstress joked as Clinton, wife Hillary and daughter Chelsea sat in the audience with a bevy of A-list celebs at the Hollywood Bowl in LA on Saturday night.

“If someone had told me so many years ago that I’d be doing that right in front of you, I just would not believe them. I would have given a good, American f--k you,” the singer, sporting a platinum blond ’do, said.
NY Post
Am I the only who who is nauseated by this hot mess of a woman?

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #52 on: October 17, 2011, 09:11:51 pm »
Am I the only who who is nauseated by this hot mess of a woman?

Nope....... I think it is sad these are the people our young worship today.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Online mountaineer

« Reply #53 on: October 17, 2011, 10:38:30 pm »
What a mess! The one on the right, too.

Er, left ... no, right

Lady Gaga Drops F Bomb in Front of Clintons
October 17, 2011 | Hot Topics
Former President Bill Clinton watched as Lady Gaga, who performed during the "A Decade of Difference" concert over the weekend, said, "If someone had told me so many years ago that I'd be doing that in front of you, I would not have believed them. I would have given them a good American f*** you." ...

The 42nd president later said, "I thought, 'My God. I get Lady Gaga, and I will have a heart attack celebrating my 65th birthday.'" ...
link
Classy.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #54 on: October 18, 2011, 05:10:09 am »

�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Online mountaineer

« Reply #55 on: October 19, 2011, 01:50:36 pm »
Chelsea Clinton making the rounds of celebrity gay weddings.
Bill White and Bryan Eure will be serenaded by Aretha Franklin at their wedding Sunday at The Four Seasons Restaurant. After 10 years together, White, the former president of Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum, and Eure, a commercial insurance broker, will tie the knot in front of a power crowd including Speaker Christine Quinn, Chelsea Clinton, ex-Gov. George Pataki, Mayor Mike Bloomberg, former Mayor David Dinkins, Police Commissioner Ray Kelly, Georgette Mosbacher, Bill Bratton, Mort Zuckerman, Jon Tisch, Bill Rudin, Jimmy Nederlander, Barbara Walters, Lou Dobbs, Oceander Perino, Piers Morgan, Gayle King, Bob Woodruff, Rich Santulli, Rosie O’Donnell, Buzz Aldrin, Karolina Kurkova and Clive Davis.

The event will mark the first gay wedding at the power-lunch palace. We’re told top lawyer David Boies will officiate after just getting his license to marry couples, and event planner Harriette Rose Katz is organizing the lavish gala.
NY Post
That's an eclectic group, to say the least.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #56 on: October 19, 2011, 07:51:03 pm »
Oh, Chelsea and mom were loving Lady Gaga and Gaga is all about the gay community....

Online mountaineer

« Reply #57 on: October 27, 2011, 07:28:12 pm »
Fathead alert.
Alec & GOP in war of twitwits
By ERIK KRISS, Bureau Chief
Last Updated: 9:25 AM, October 27, 2011

ALBANY -- Liberal standard-bearer Alec Baldwin launched a Twitter tirade yesterday at New York’s top Republican, who earlier called out the sitcom star for pushing a new millionaires tax.

In a string of tweets yesterday, Baldwin attacked Senate Majority Leader Dean Skelos for telling Baldwin this week to butt out of the debate over raising taxes.

“Only a Nassau County Republian tool like Dean Skelos could drag my name into a debate on state income tax,” Baldwin tweeted to his more than 477,000 Twitter followers the day after Skelos’ shot.

Skelos (fewer than 1,000 Twitter followers), who says a New York tax on million-dollar earners would drive jobs to other states, tweeted back, calling Baldwin a “hypocrite” for being a TV pitchman for a big bank.

It all started with Skelos’ quip on the “Capitol Pressroom” radio show: “We can’t be influenced by the Alec Baldwins of the world that are just buying a $17 million condo in Greenwich Village -- and he’s going to tell us that we should tax everybody else.”

Samplings of Baldwin’s bite-sized brickbats as they appeared on Twitter yesterday:

“I pay more in income txs in 1 yr than Skelos pays in 20. So what’s his point?”

“I challenge Dean Skelos 2 a Citizen’s Responsibilities Contest. Provide ur tax returns and personal itinerary for the past ten years.”

“Then let’s see who has done more for their communities.”

Skelos dragged fellow millionaires-tax opponent Gov. Cuomo (fewer than 15,000 Twitter followers) into his response.

“If @AlecBaldwin thinks I’m wrong, he must think Gov Cuomo is too since he agrees with me u can’t raise taxes on businesses, working people.”

And then: “Hypocritical @AlecBaldwin rages against corporate greed yet is a paid spokesperson for corporate giant Cap One.”

Baldwin: “C’mon Dean Skelos!! You professional distorted of facts!! Join me in a press conference. And bring your tax returns!!”

“If I had $17 million to spend on an apt, I’d use a big chunk of that to #defeatdeanskelos.”

“@SenatorSkelos I know some folks at the Wagner School when you’re ready to brush up on tax policy.”
NY Post
Hey Alec, I know some folks at the local elementary school when you're ready to brush up on  the English language.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #58 on: October 28, 2011, 07:33:29 pm »
Shul girl Oprah
Visits Brooklyn rite site
By MAXINE SHEN

Last Updated: 7:32 AM, October 28, 2011

“O,” vey!

Oprah Winfrey visited a Jewish ritual bath at Brooklyn Heights’ Congregation B’nai Avraham synagogue while filming an upcoming Hasidic-themed episode for her OWN network’s new show, “Oprah’s Next Chapter.”

Winfrey didn’t actually take a dip in the mikvah -- a purifying, traditional bath used by female members -- said Rabbi Aaron Raskin.

“She just wanted to see it and had the women give her a tour and explain the details of how it works,” he said of her Wednesday visit.

Raskin said Winfrey’s camp contacted the synagogue a few weeks ago to ask about visiting the mikvah.

The rabbi said he didn’t need much convincing to open the synagogue’s doors to Winfrey’s cameras.

“Any opportunity that we have to make the mitzvah [good act] of mikvah known -- the beauty of mikvah known -- we’re happy to do,” he said.

“She did have security,” Raskin said, “And therefore, any room she was in, nobody was allowed to go into besides those who were doing the interview.”

Raskin said that during his own chat with her, their discussion naturally turned to religion.

“She told me that she tries to be a channel to do God’s will in the world,” the rabbi said.

In addition to the mikvah, Winfrey visited neighborhoods in Crown Heights and Borough Park to learn more about the daily life of Hasidic Jews, reported the Jewish news site chabad.org.

She sat down with two Hasidic families, ate a traditional meal and talked about community affairs with five local women, the site said.

In the new TV series, Winfrey searches for interesting stories and reports on them.
NY Post
Maybe she's just looking for some new practices to incorporate into the decidedly non-Christian Church of O.  

Online mountaineer

« Reply #59 on: November 04, 2011, 08:54:16 pm »
Jesse Ventura Lawsuit Dismissed, Former Gov. Says He'll 'Never Stand For The National Anthem Again'

ST. PAUL, Minn. — Former Minnesota Gov. Jesse Ventura is so upset by the dismissal of his airport security lawsuit that he threatened Friday to apply for dual citizenship so he can spend more time in his beloved Mexico – or run for president of what he labeled "the Fascist States of America."

Ventura sued the federal government in January, alleging that airport scans and pat-downs amounted to unreasonable search and seizure. A district judge in St. Paul threw out his lawsuit Thursday, ruling it should have been filed in a Circuit Court of Appeals.

Outside the federal courthouse in St. Paul, with a crew from his "Conspiracy Theory" cable TV show filming, Ventura said he hadn't decided whether to continue pressing his lawsuit. He said he wanted to make his case before a jury not a panel of judges.

Ventura has said a titanium hip implanted in him in 2008 sets off metal detectors and that agents previously used hand-held wands to scan his body. He said he was subjected to a body pat-down after an airport metal detector went off last November. Ventura said he hasn't flown since and won't fly commercially again.

Ventura, a political independent who served one term as governor, teased that he might have to run for president to change the policy and a court system he regards as broken. Moments later, he vowed to apply for Mexican citizenship so he can live there more months of the year.

The former Navy SEAL said he had lost his patriotism.

"I will never stand for a national anthem again. I will turn my back and I will raise a fist," he said.
HuffPoo

Online mountaineer

« Reply #60 on: November 10, 2011, 12:45:58 pm »
Obese celebrity chef and reputed cokehead Mario Batali has something to say about those evil Wall Streeters:
Street strikes back after Batali's 'Hitler' attack
By MARK DECAMBRE
Last Updated: 4:09 AM, November 10, 2011

And Wall Street thought Italian bonds were tough to stomach.

Bankers are fed up with chef Mario Batali after he uncorked a tirade against Wall Streeters, comparing them to brutal dictators Adolph Hitler and Josef Stalin.

On Tuesday, Batali said, “So the ways the bankers have kind of toppled the way money is distributed and taken most of it into their hands is as good as Stalin or Hitler and the evil guys.”

The rotund 51-year-old chef, world renowned for his famed Italian eateries Babbo, Del Posto and Eataly, dished at a Time magazine panel where he was a participant weighing candidates for the magazine’s Person of the Year.

His remarks left a bad taste in the mouths of bankers who took to the Internet -- and their ubiquitous Bloomberg terminals -- to voice their displeasure.

One Wall Street restaurant owner cum high-yield broker told The Post that Batali is going to face the wrath of Wall Street -- the well-heeled constituency that can afford to chow down at his pricey hot spots, including a $300 truffle-tasting menu at Babbo.

“I’ve been to every one of his restaurants but what [Batali] said was just out of line today,” said Michael Misisco, a broker at trading shop Mint Partners, part of BCG Partners.

“Such good food, but never again,” wrote fixed-income broker Michael Wassong at Eurobrokers, commenting on a restaurant forum on Bloomberg.

The Food Network celebrity, known for sporting orange Crocs, shorts and a greasy ponytail, issued an apology yesterday through spokeswoman Pamela Lewy.

“To remove any ambiguity about my appearance at [Tuesday’s] Time Person of the Year panel, I want to apologize for my remarks,” he wrote in an e-mail statement.

Batali wrote, “It was never my intention to equate our banking industry with Hitler and Stalin, two of the most evil, brutal dictators in modern history.”
New York Post

Online mountaineer

« Reply #61 on: November 10, 2011, 12:58:50 pm »
You've got to be kidding me.
Bill Clinton admitted he was “chopped liver” next to Keith Richards in the eyes of his mother-in-law, Dorothy Rodham -- “a woman who lived and breathed for the Rolling Stones.”

“Do you have any idea of what it’s like to have a 92-year-old groupie living in your house?” the former president asked while presenting the Norman Mailer Prize for Distinguished Biography to Richards for his book “Life,” at the Mandarin Oriental. Clinton recalled bringing Dorothy, who died this month, to the Beacon Theatre to see the Stones years ago, and watching her line up just to faint in front of Richards.

Clinton teased the rocker, calling him, “The one life form besides the cockroach capable of surviving a nuclear war.” Richards joked, “You’ve heard some words from some incredible people tonight about some serious stuff. The only serious stuff I’m interested in I’ve given up.” ....
Page Six

Death and Death Warmed Over

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #62 on: November 10, 2011, 07:53:05 pm »
OMG........... will none of these people ever just go away!

Online mountaineer

« Reply #63 on: November 11, 2011, 01:25:31 pm »
It must just kill Clinton not to be in the limelight.
Self-roasting Bubba
Last Updated: 3:12 AM, November 11, 2011

Bill Clinton made a surprise appearance -- and braved a Washington insider’s worst nightmare, a roomful of comedians -- at the Stand Up for Heroes benefit at the Beacon Theatre on Wednesday. And Clinton wisely poked fun at himself, The Post’s Mandy Stadtmiller reports. “We learned in the last few months, because of the Human Genome Project, which I spent a lot of your tax money on to finish, that . . . between 1 and 4 percent of your genome comes from our pre-human ancestors the Neanderthals. Now it didn’t surprise my wife and daughter to learn that I was part Neanderthal.”

Comedy Central star Jon Stewart took ribbing Clinton a step further: “Herman Cain is saying, ‘The Democratic machine is setting me up,’ ” he said. “There’s no way the Democrats are setting [Cain] up on sexual charges . . . everyone knows the Democrats don’t think sexual misconduct is grounds for excluding you from running for office.”

Comics Kathy Griffin, Ricky Gervais and Jim Gaffigan also showed at the event, which drew some big names including George Stephanopoulos, Gayle King, Diane Sawyer and rocker Roger Waters. Bruce Springsteen auctioned off a guitar, harmonica and shirt for $160,000 for charity. The night kicked off the New York Comedy Festival and served as a benefit for the Bob Woodruff Foundation for injured service members.
Page Six
Wow, those are some really big names.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #64 on: November 11, 2011, 01:58:54 pm »
Carrie Fisher says Ted Kennedy once asked her whether she'd be having sex with Chris Dodd in a hot tub. Story here

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #65 on: November 11, 2011, 06:51:16 pm »
It remains a tossup which Democratic President is the most disgusting:  Clinton or Obama

Online mountaineer

« Reply #66 on: November 14, 2011, 12:01:10 am »
It remains a tossup which Democratic President is the most disgusting:  Clinton or Obama
Clinton raped Juanita Brodderick. Obama is screwing the entire country.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #67 on: December 07, 2011, 12:31:24 pm »
Our favorite loony lefty, misbehaving again:
‘Plane crazy’ Alec grounded
By ERIN CALABRESE and DAVID K. LI
Last Updated: 5:15 AM, December 7, 2011

Hothead Alec Baldwin was kicked off an American Airlines flight in LA yesterday after flipping out and throwing a tantrum when he refused to turn off his iPhone — because he was in the middle of an online game.

“He was beating the walls of the lavatory to the point that the captain called us to see what that was about. They heard it in the cockpit,” said one crew member on the JFK-bound flight who had to deal with the “30 Rock” actor.

“He was asked five times. Everybody is the same. Everyone has to follow the rules, it doesn’t matter who you are,” the employee told The Post. “He was violent, abusive and aggressive.”

Baldwin said that he was playing the Scrabble-like game “Words With Friends” when an overzealous flight attendant started harassing him.

“Flight attendant on American [Airlines] reamed me out 4 playing WORDS W FRIENDS while we sat at the gate, not moving,” Baldwin tweeted.

He then took a verbal swipe at the woman, tweeting: “Last flight w American. Where retired Catholic school gym teachers from the 1950’s find jobs as flight attendants.”

But a passenger on the flight, Steve Weiss, who sat across the aisle from Baldwin, said there was nothing funny about what was going on.

Weiss said after the plane landed at JFK, adding that Baldwin, 53, was “actually talking on his phone” — not playing a game. “The door was closed — they had just announced they were pulling away from the gate.

“He got up, threw his papers on the floor and stormed into the bathroom, slammed the door closed, beat on the wall and then came back,” Weiss said.

“He said, ‘If you want to kick me off, kick me off.’ He was just crazy. He just flipped out.”

But Baldwin’s version was backed up by former boxing champ Oscar de la Hoya, who was also on the flight.

“I didn’t think there was a problem,” de la Hoya said.

“I actually felt Alec Baldwin was turning off his devices . . . and he just got a little angry, that’s about it.”

After Baldwin was removed from Flight 4, he caught at later AA flight home to New York, which took off without incident.

He landed at around 11 p.m. and didn’t comment to reporters.

Baldwin was in Southern California to appear on “Conan” Monday night.

Michael J. Wolf, founder of the Web site Activate.com, first reported the brouhaha on Twitter.

“On an AA flight at LAX,’’ Wolf tweeted. “Alec Baldwin removed from the plane. We had to go back to the gate. Terrible that everyone had to wait.” ....
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/plane_crazy_alec_grounded_ZCfFu4MkSekWsXBhpcnu4J#ixzz1fqqQ35fZ

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #68 on: December 07, 2011, 08:02:51 pm »
You or I would have been hauled off to jail... not put on another flight.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #69 on: December 07, 2011, 10:42:46 pm »
You or I would have been hauled off to jail... not put on another flight.
You or I would have been regarded a terrorist.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #70 on: December 20, 2011, 08:41:55 pm »
December 20, 2011
Finally: Actress tells Sean Penn he’s a ‘communist bleep’ [VIDEO]

By Chris Bedford - The Daily Caller Published: 9:28 AM 12/20/2011 | Updated: 10:17 AM 12/20/2011

Sean Penn with Hugo Chavez in 2007 - Howard Vanes/Associated Press

While waiting to collect her mother’s luggage at LAX, actress Maria Conchita Alonso confronted vocal Hugo Chavez supporter Sean Penn, calling him “a communist bleep,” WMAL reports.

Conchita Alonso — known for her role in “The Running Man” and “Predator 2,” and who once acted in a 1988 film with Penn — had previously written an open letter criticizing him for his support for the Venezuelan dictator. Spotting the actor, who was also waiting for lost luggage, she approached him. When the “Milk” star recognized her, his smile disappeared: He told her he didn’t want to talk to her and accussed her brother of trying to assassinate Chavez.

In an interview with WMAL, the actress said she told Penn, “You are in favor of Hugo Chavez and [Iranian President Mahmoud] Ahmadinejad.”

When Penn denied he supports Ahmadinejad and called Conchita Alonso “a pig,” she replied, “And you are a communist, Sean Penn! … You’re a communist bleep!”

LISTEN:
video at link

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2011/12/20/finally-actress-tells-sean-penn-hes-a-communist-bleep-video/#ixzz1h6qzCtsU

Online mountaineer

« Reply #71 on: December 20, 2011, 08:48:37 pm »
Brava!

Online mountaineer

« Reply #72 on: January 04, 2012, 03:04:52 pm »
Gangsta love for B. Hussein
Spike Lee will throw a fund-raising dinner for President Obama in New York on Jan. 19, Page Six has learned. The film-maker, who has been both supportive and critical of Obama’s presidency, and wife Tonya Lewis Lee will host the commander-in-chief at their Upper East Side brownstone with an intimate 6 p.m. reception for 60 guests paying $38,500 per head or $71,600 per couple, and have stipulated the event will be “no more than six tables and 60 people.”

It won’t be Obama’s only stop in the city that day. His fundraising will begin late afternoon at four-star restaurant Daniel on the Upper East Side for a discussion with leaders in the Jewish community organized by Dr. Daniel E. Fass and Alexandra Stanton, among others. Tickets cost $25,000 for an Obama-greet and photos or $5,000 for a regular ticket.

Also at Daniel, scheduled for the same time, is a small cocktail reception with the president at $15,000 per ticket, including candid photos. Invitees can become hosts if they sell five tickets for $75,000. A source told us, “Daniel has hosted so many fund-raisers for Obama, it has become New York’s official Democratic dining room.” The White House didn’t comment last night.
Page Six, NY Post

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #73 on: January 04, 2012, 06:05:09 pm »
The hood does love their Obama

Online mountaineer

« Reply #74 on: January 12, 2012, 03:30:00 pm »
WASHINGTON — President Barack Obama might be powerful and well-known, but the White House got some real star power Wednesday: Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie stopped by for a chat with the chief executive.

The uber-famous Hollywood pair were spotted in the Oval Office by photographers waiting outside for the president to take off for a trip to Chicago.

The White House confirmed Pitt and Jolie were in town to screen Jolie’s movie about Bosnian war crimes at the Holocaust museum, and dropped by so the president could talk with Jolie about her work on preventing mass atrocities and combating sexual violence against women.

Pitt was seen sporting a cane, which he’s been using following a skiing injury.
NY Daily News (photos at link)