Author Topic: Politics and Celebrity Collide  (Read 58145 times)

Offline mountaineer

Re: Politics and Celebrity Collide
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2011, 07:46:24 pm »
Cindy Adams writes in the NY Post:
THE Jackie O hoo-hah. We lived next door for 25 years. She, 1040 Fifth. Me, 1050. No neighbor type I’d invite over for Passover, we weren’t exactly buddies. But we knew one another.

Before Onassis money, she was chintzy. Slow with tips. She’d shop local supermarkets. Use a car service. For free outfits she told designers people would favor their creations if she did. Buying the apartment after her death, David Koch spent millions just on old wiring including window air conditioners.

A bookshelf carpenter worked long then presented his bill. Pen in one hand, paper in another, she said: “Shall I pay this or would you prefer a letter suitable for framing?” I know he chose cash for his souvenir because some of these same artisans worked for me.

She’d walk the neighborhood chewing gum. Bike in our park. Smoke in privacy like in Bergdorf’s dressing room. Favored fotogs always knew where, when she’d be where and when. Despite a cultivated attitude that she was above such things, she voraciously read gossip columns. She’d search for her name. We patronized the same places and in ’87 she spent $100 a week on periodicals.

Unfortunately, I knew too much. May ’94 the front-page exclusive that Jacqueline Bouvier Kennedy Onassis was nearing her end -- was mine.
link
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2011, 08:47:01 pm »
Yep. I'd say its more about Palin having a stable marriage and a family than anything else. The political differences are just an excuse.

No they're not.  Kathy Griffin is a huge conservative basher, and has been for years.  She's also best buds with Rosie O'Donnell.

Offline Badeye

« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2011, 09:03:48 pm »
No they're not.  Kathy Griffin is a huge conservative basher, and has been for years.  She's also best buds with Rosie O'Donnell.

She only went political around 2005 or 06. I know, up until then I was a fan of hers. I love stand up comedy.
Trump is going to win AGAIN

« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2011, 09:33:24 pm »
Me too.  Loved Kathy Griffen for a long time, but she's just gone off the deep end in the last couple of years.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2011, 11:04:05 pm »
Me too.  Loved Kathy Griffen for a long time, but she's just gone off the deep end in the last couple of years.

It could be just her 'finding a niche' and earning a good living with celebrity status.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2011, 12:38:40 pm »
Remember the White House "crashers"?  It seems they've broken up. Mrs. S. ran off with a rock musician, or something.
Attention-loving twit Tareq Salahi is being comforted by “father of the year” Michael Lohan since his washed-up wife, Michaele, left him following an affair with Journey guitarist Neal Schon.

Scorned Salahi, who at first reported her kidnapped after she disappeared with Schon this week, and Lohan went to club Opera in DC after a dinner date on Thursday.

Salahi jumped into the booth with DJ Dirty Hands and put on headphones. He was overheard saying, “I want it to look like I’m having fun.” He pretended to spin songs while Lohan cheered him on. We can only wonder, is this a desperate stunt to land a reality show?
Page Six

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2011, 08:05:53 pm »
I heard this yesterday and cracked up........ total kooks all of them.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2011, 12:59:41 pm »
What a freak show.
New bride rips DC reality wife’s beau
By DAVID K. LI
 September 19, 2011

White House gate crasher Michaele Salahi spent her weekend rocking backstage in Tampa with Journey, waiting to run into the open arms of guitarist Neal Schon -- whose new wife teed off on him.

“This is very painful for me, and I’m very hurt,’’ Schon’s soon-to-be-ex, Ava Fabian, told TMZ.

Fabian, 49, a former Playboy pinup, tied the knot with Schon, 57, in July. Asked if she’d take Schon back after his antics with the equally married Salahi, Fabiany replied: “No!’

Salahi, 45, of the reality- TV show “The Real Housewives of DC,’’ and her husband, Tareq Salahi, 43, began their 15 minutes of fame in November 2009, when they crashed President Obama’s first state dinner.

But they apparently developed serious marital problems soon after. When Michaele ran off to be with Schon last week, Tareq said he thought she’d been kidnapped and called the cops. Deputies soon discovered she was with her new beau.

Tareq Salahi is now filing for divorce.

“She continually exposes our friends and acquaintances to her adulterous relationship and has flaunted the same throughout the community, the nation and indeed the world,” he Salahi said in papers filled in Warren County, Va.
NY Post

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2011, 01:56:15 pm »
Demi Moore and Ashton Kutcher split?
Demi boots ‘cheater’ Ashton
By LEONARD GREENE
Additional reporting by Emily Smith
 September 28, 2011

She’s telling her boy toy to bounce.

Fed-up cougar Demi Moore has had it up to here with her half-grown husband’s harlots, and is officially ending her six-year marriage to Hollywood hunk Ashton Kutcher, according to a report.

The expected split comes on the heels of reports that Kutcher, 33, bedded a young woman after a booze-fueled boys’ night out at a San Diego nightclub on Sept. 24, which also happened to be his and Demi’s sixth anniversary.

The 23-year-old “other woman” went into hiding after hiring a top Hollywood attorney, according to Radar Online, whose sister publication, Star magazine, is reporting the split.

“Ashton and Demi have separated and the marriage is wover,” a source close to the pair told Star magazine.

Tongues were wagging this week when Moore, 48, stepped out solo at the New York Lifetime premiere of “Five” looking even skinnier than usual.

She has also tweeted recently about having “your own back” and “trying to find the light I lost.”

Representatives for Moore and Kutcher did not respond to requests for comment.
New York Post

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2011, 06:55:47 pm »
I never understood what she saw in him from the start......
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2011, 07:34:25 pm »
The two of them were real Obama groupies.  whistle

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2011, 07:51:04 pm »
The two of them were real Obama groupies.  whistle

I know, their Twitters were ridiculous... interesting that Bruce Willis is a conservative.

« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2011, 08:23:02 pm »
I never understood what she saw in him from the start......

And vice versa...

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2011, 12:53:05 pm »
Ol' Ashton sure knows how to pick 'em.
Ashton’s blonde working double-time to cash in
Last Updated: 8:43 AM, September 30, 2011

Blonde Sara Leal, who reportedly slept with Ashton Kutcher last weekend, is working overtime to cash in on the scandal. Sources tell us she’s working with an ex-lover-turned club promoter to sell her story. She’s also in cahoots with a paparazzo who plans to sell staged new “street” pictures of Leal. “She gets a cut of whatever [the photos] sell for,” a source said.

We revealed Leal has also asked for a six-figure payday from Kutcher to stay quiet about their alleged liaison in San Diego’s Hard Rock Hotel last weekend. She’s been meeting with attorney Keith Davidson, who represented a Betty Ford Clinic worker who filed assault charges against Lindsay Lohan but later dropped them.

Reps for Ashton and wife Demi Moore were mum last night. But Kutcher sounded fed up on Twitter, writing yesterday, “When you ASSUME to know that which you know nothing of you make an ASS out of U and ME.”

Photos of Kutcher leaving an LA club with a blonde last June got the Web abuzz yesterday, but sources tell us she’s Austin Dawn, a spokesmodel for one of Kutcher’s tech companies. Moore, who had been here promoting Lifetime’s “Five,” an anthology of films directed by her and Jennifer Aniston, Alicia Keys, Penelope Spheeris and Patty Jenkins, was back in LA but stayed unusually quiet on Twitter.
Page Six
That "assume" thingey probably was pretty clever when he learned it in 7th grade.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2011, 07:32:28 pm »
He's always been a jerk........... what Demi ever saw in him eludes me.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #40 on: October 03, 2011, 10:57:43 pm »
Check out what John Ratzenberger ("Cheers," postman Cliff Claven) says about America's work force on this thread.  Very insightful.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2011, 02:09:46 am »
thank you, mountaineer!   :beer:

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #42 on: October 06, 2011, 11:59:06 am »
More fun job
Last Updated: 4:18 AM, October 6, 2011

George Clooney had plenty of opinions on the presidential race at Time magazine’s “10 Questions” interview with editor Rick Stengel yesterday, but said he had no interest in running for office himself. Clooney directed, co-wrote and plays the role of a presidential candidate in the new movie, “The Ides of March.” But when asked if he would consider a political run himself, he said, “No -- I’d run from [it].” By staying out of politics, “I don’t have to compromise. I get to say that ‘I think that what’s going on in the North-South is bad,’ and I don’t have to worry that the Chinese would be upset or the Russians will be upset. My job is much more fun.”

The star told the audience that he asked President Obama at a recent fund-raiser what kept him up at night, to which Obama responded: “Well, look, everything that gets to my desk is critical mass -- if it gets to me, nobody else can handle it but the president. And it’s a big deal.”

But Clooney added that when he asked Obama to pinpoint just one thing, the president confided, “Pakistan. That worries me.”
NY Post

I don't suppose it occurred to George Clooney just how stupid the president's response was.  :thud:

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2011, 12:05:50 pm »
Good grief.
We hear . . .
Last Updated: 4:18 AM, October 6, 2011

... That Bill Clinton will present Keith Richards with the Mailer Prize for Distinguished Biography at the Norman Mailer Center’s benefit at the Mandarin Oriental on Nov. 8 ...
Page Six
Bubba's not too much of an attention whore, is he?

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2011, 09:16:27 pm »
George Clooney and Mike Huckabee are joining forces over Durfur........... I was actually turned off by the commercial running for this, but it confirmed Huckabee is not who he tried to present to the public.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #45 on: October 08, 2011, 01:28:15 pm »
Performance artist to give birth on stage.   I think I'm going to be sick.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #46 on: October 08, 2011, 10:20:39 pm »

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #47 on: October 10, 2011, 01:04:15 pm »
NY Post asks:
Which political power couple is on the outs and living separately? Despite denying it, they’re distraught as they try to pick up the pieces of their marriage ...
No telling whether it's a local political power couple or people all of us might know.  It's not the Weiner-Abedins, apparently:
Anthony Weiner is back to the gym, working on his unforgettable, much-photographed figure. The wily ex-congressman, who flaunted his pecs and other outstanding features in racy texts to female admirers, was seen lifting at New York Health & Racquet Club at 21st and Park Avenue. A female gymgoer told us, “I said, ‘Damn that guy has nice arms’ before he turned around and I saw who it was. I shuddered.”

Weiner and pregnant wife Huma Abedin recently moved from their Forest Hills co-op to a three-bedroom Greenwich Village apartment. The two have been seen recently strolling the streets of SoHo with Abedin’s purse in Weiner’s “nice arms.”
link

Offline Badeye

« Reply #48 on: October 10, 2011, 01:14:35 pm »
George Clooney and Mike Huckabee are joining forces over Durfur........... I was actually turned off by the commercial running for this, but it confirmed Huckabee is not who he tried to present to the public.

Someone should ask Clooney, or Huckabee why they call it 'Darfur'.

The answer is pretty simple. If they stated its The Sudan, anyone that googled
the NATION would realize its an Islamic Fundementalist regime that kills 'infidels'. Darfur
is a PROVINCE of The Sudan.
Trump is going to win AGAIN

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #49 on: October 14, 2011, 01:34:34 pm »
Bubba Clinton's birthday bash the event of the century.  No, really.
Ron not invited to Bill’s big 65th
Last Updated: 4:20 AM, October 14, 2011

The bromance between Bill Clinton and Ron Burkle seems to be over. A rep for Clinton confirmed to us last night that Burkle “was not” invited and “isn’t attending” Bubba’s 65th birthday bash this weekend in Hollywood.

The two-day gala features performances by Kenny Chesney, Lady Gaga, The Edge and Bono. Guests include Barbra Streisand, Aileen Getty, Berry Gordy, LA Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa, Ewan McGregor, Donna Karan, Stevie Nicks, Fergie, Felicity Huffman, Jane Fonda, Steve Bing and Patricia Arquette.

Clinton left Burkle’s Yupaica and distanced himself from the billionaire during Hillary’s presidential campaign. However, a rep for Burkle insisted he was invited to Clinton’s shindig, and told us, “He [Burkle] was invited but he lives in London so he can’t make it. He donated to the event and his kids are attending.” He blasted Clinton’s rep’s claim as “silly,” adding “He received an invite in the mail and a phone call from (Clinton) close friend Mark Weiner.”
NY Post