Author Topic: Time to Play Hardball in Wisconsin  (Read 3184 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Time to Play Hardball in Wisconsin
« on: February 19, 2011, 12:03:01 am »
Time to Play Hardball in Wisconsin
February 18, 2011

Listen To It! WMP | RealPlayer
Audio clips available for Rush 24/7 members only -- Join Now!

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: To all of you in Wisconsin, to all of you around the country: Be confident here.  We are not without recourse during all of this.  For example, if I were a parent (and everybody knows I'm not, but if I were a parent in Wisconsin) I would insist that my child not be taught by any teacher who is protesting.  It is time for the parents to stand against this as well.  Any teacher lying about calling in sick to join a protest, what value can that teacher be?  Depending on what rules are for the use of sick-leave in Wisconsin, if a teacher is protesting while claiming sick-leave, that would appear on its face to be fraud. 

The taxpayers are not paying for a sick day, but a protest day.  Maybe some criminal fraud charges should be filed against individual teachers.  Maybe it's hardball time here.  Since the president of the United States has inserted himself -- the federal government and his political party in Washington, his personal organization of hoods and thugs into this -- Congress should damn well hold hearings to determine the extent to which federal tax dollars, federal employees are involved in these protests; and the extent of federal coordination with the Democrat National Committee and local and federal unions. 

Just investigate it, Congressman Issa! Get going! Find out exactly what's happening here.  Money, organization, rules, instructions.  We are not without recourse here.  It's hammer time!  They're asking for it.  Republicans ought to be able to find candidates to run against these Democrats who refuse to stay in town and vote. Start campaigning against them right now.  'Cause these Democrats are acting against the students, they are acting against the parents, they're flipping everybody the bird and are insisting on the illegal use of tax dollars.  Teachers, at the very at least, ought to be docked for their illegal absence from their jobs.  I would bet that... (sigh)

I don't know.  I'll bet the money lost would be more than what they're being asked for to pay for their own health care.  Eighty-nine thousand dollars a year.  "Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker (R) says his party has been emboldened by massive protests against his controversial budget plan. Walker said demonstrators who filled the state capitol building in Madison and the boycott by state Senate Democrats -- some of whom fled the state in protest -- have steeled the resolve of members of his party. 'If anything, I think it's made the Republicans in the Assembly and the Senate stronger,' he told Fox News ... 'They're not going to be bullied. They're not going to be intimidated.'"

Governor Walker, I have a suggestion for you.  There's a line you can use.  It has been used before.  You simply say to all these protesters, "I won!" That phrase has been used by no less than our illustrious man-child president, Barack Obama, during a meeting with congressional leaders -- Republicans and Democrats -- in the White House in early 2009. When he gathered them together to ostensibly talk about joint ideas to help the economy.  The Republicans posed tax cut ideas.  Obama looked at 'em and said, "Well, you can talk about it, but we're not gonna do it.  I won."  Well, Governor Walker, you won.  It's as simple as that.

END TRANSCRIPT

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline wtf21

Re: Time to Play Hardball in Wisconsin
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2011, 12:08:14 am »
Eighty-nine thousand dollars a year.

Does anybody know who's putting this BS figure out?  Thanks.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2011, 12:18:18 am »

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2011, 12:23:02 am »
Eighty-nine thousand dollars a year.

Does anybody know who's putting this BS figure out?  Thanks.

Gee, it really upsets you.  Fox Business, for one. Michelle Malkin linked back to all their wages and this is actually a low-ball number.  I think where you are getting your panties in a bunch is this number is with benefits == which are substantial.

Perhaps you should spend some time on her site, even teachers in WI are writing to her upset with their unions:

http://michellemalkin.com/2011/02/17/watch-wisconsin-part-iv-the-salary-info-big-labor-doesnt-want-you-to-see/

http://michellemalkin.com/2011/02/17/support-wisconsin-trumka-storms-madison-tomorrow-walker-supporters-to-rally-saturday-a-disgusted-teacher-calls-out-unions/

http://michellemalkin.com/2011/02/17/watch-wisconsin-part-iii-a-state-government-employee-speaks-madison-schools-plus-7-other-districts-shut-down-a-second-day/

�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline wtf21

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2011, 12:54:09 am »
Reports of surprisingly high pay levels for government jobs are true.

Here is one in the OC Calif. where 366 police and firemen made over $100,000.

http://www.ocregister.com/news/fire-287814-police-salaries.html?videos=1

I heard a commentator remark last night on the radio that because of life expectancy, we often pay for one teacher currently in the classroom, plus two more who are retired.  (not to mention the ridiculous ratio of classroom versus administrative employees)

High levels of pay for government workers at all levels is now putting many government jurisdictions near bankruptcy.

In Calif. government people retire with 30 years service, very nearly at full pay, plus medical for life.

Consider, working from age 25 to 55, then living until age 85.  All on the government dole.

And today that means rates of pay substantially above private sector.

Worry, government workers, worry.  They are far too many in number, and their pay, benefits and retirement are way too high.

And government has far too many departments, doing things that shouldn't be their business, as well as incredible overlap, bureaucratic nonsense, etc.

Cut, cut, cut, cut.  then go back and cut more.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2011, 01:52:59 am »
what BS republican site fabricated the figures
It's so annoying when the facts don't go in your favor, isn't it?  Using epithets doesn't change the facts, alas.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2011, 02:02:47 am »
Reports of surprisingly high pay levels for government jobs are true.

Here is one in the OC Calif. where 366 police and firemen made over $100,000.

http://www.ocregister.com/news/fire-287814-police-salaries.html?videos=1

I heard a commentator remark last night on the radio that because of life expectancy, we often pay for one teacher currently in the classroom, plus two more who are retired.  (not to mention the ridiculous ratio of classroom versus administrative employees)

High levels of pay for government workers at all levels is now putting many government jurisdictions near bankruptcy.

In Calif. government people retire with 30 years service, very nearly at full pay, plus medical for life.

Consider, working from age 25 to 55, then living until age 85.  All on the government dole.

And today that means rates of pay substantially above private sector.

Worry, government workers, worry.  They are far too many in number, and their pay, benefits and retirement are way too high.

And government has far too many departments, doing things that shouldn't be their business, as well as incredible overlap, bureaucratic nonsense, etc.

Cut, cut, cut, cut.  then go back and cut more.

Yep, my BIL retired from the OC Sheriff's department with an excellent retirement package.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776