Author Topic: The Juke Box  (Read 206719 times)

Offline Lando Lincoln

The Juke Box
« on: December 22, 2010, 11:05:04 PM »

Hey... let's start a thread with music that we would like to share with others here at the Briefing Room.  Everyone's moods will change from day to day and over time, we could have an interesting collection.  Here is one of my all time favorites by Gerry Rafferty...

Gerry Rafferty - Baker Street (Long Version)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 10:07:14 AM by Lando Lincoln »
For the progressive, there is very little to love about the United States. Washington, Jefferson, Madison? A bunch of rotten slaveholders, hypocrites, and cowards even when their hearts were in the right places. The Declaration of Independence? A manifesto for the propertied classes. The Constitution? An artifact of sexism and white supremacy. The sacrifices in the great wars of the 20th century? Feeding the poor and the disenfranchised into the meat-grinder of imperialism. The gifts of Carnegie, Rockefeller, Vanderbilt, Morgan, Astor? Blood money from self-aggrandizing robber barons. Nat Rev

Offline Lando Lincoln

Re: The Juke Box
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2010, 11:12:59 PM »
How about some Chris Isaak... Steamy...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtfHk2hSlqA" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtfHk2hSlqA</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abzK_jZdKFw" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abzK_jZdKFw</a>
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 01:23:08 AM by Lando Lincoln »
For the progressive, there is very little to love about the United States. Washington, Jefferson, Madison? A bunch of rotten slaveholders, hypocrites, and cowards even when their hearts were in the right places. The Declaration of Independence? A manifesto for the propertied classes. The Constitution? An artifact of sexism and white supremacy. The sacrifices in the great wars of the 20th century? Feeding the poor and the disenfranchised into the meat-grinder of imperialism. The gifts of Carnegie, Rockefeller, Vanderbilt, Morgan, Astor? Blood money from self-aggrandizing robber barons. Nat Rev

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2010, 11:18:48 PM »
Here's one for our friends elsewhere - a live performance by k.d. lang...

k.d. lang - Constant Craving (Video)

« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 10:14:31 PM by Lando Lincoln »

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2010, 11:21:43 PM »
« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 11:23:58 PM by Lando Lincoln »

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2010, 11:30:03 PM »
One of the best "cowboy" songs ever.  Sung by a real deal cowboy - Chris Ledoux.  Rest in Peace Chris.

This Cowboy Hat

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2010, 11:36:56 PM »
U2 and B.B. King - When Love Comes to Town - Live!

U2 & B.B. King: When Love Comes To Town

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2010, 11:50:25 PM »
Tom Petty - Runnin' Down a Dream
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1D3a5eDJIs" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1D3a5eDJIs</a>
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 01:30:17 AM by Lando Lincoln »

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2010, 11:55:14 PM »
AC/DC Thunderstruck - with Army helicopters...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYFdldfYEJk" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYFdldfYEJk</a>
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 01:34:12 AM by Lando Lincoln »

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2010, 12:04:24 AM »
Joe Cocker - Unchain my Heart

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pALWIj9ketA" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pALWIj9ketA</a>
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 10:05:15 PM by Lando Lincoln »

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2010, 06:44:52 PM »
JOHN LENNON SO THIS CHRISTMAS 2010

Lando.....I promise to remove this January 1st!    LOL!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"If you want to change the world, go home and love your family".    ...Mother Teresa

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2010, 10:37:49 AM »

Lando.....I promise to remove this January 1st!    LOL!

LOL!  No need my friend.  No need.

Merry Christmas!

Offline wtf21

« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2010, 11:28:13 AM »
John Butler Trio - Ocean

John Butler - Ocean

Offline aligncare

• Congrats Donald Trump! 45th POTUS!
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2010, 12:02:02 PM »

Big Bump for Chris Ledoux, from this New York City cowboy.
Some #NeverTrumpers are like the pockets of Japanese who didn't know the war was over

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2010, 01:35:31 PM »
How about some Chris Isaak... Steamy...

Chris Isaak - Wicked Game (HD:1080p)

Chris Isaak performing "Baby Did a Bad Bad Thing" Soundstage

Thanks for turning me on to him, Lando.  What planet have I been living on?
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"If you want to change the world, go home and love your family".    ...Mother Teresa

Offline 69FenderStrat

• my band
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2010, 01:45:30 PM »
Chris Isaak - Wicked Game.... that was the song that made want to start playing my Fender Strat again....
Faith is not believing God can
Faith is Knowing God Will

"Senators more than House members & both more than ordinary people, lie."

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2010, 01:48:54 PM »

Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
« Last Edit: December 24, 2010, 01:57:30 PM by mystery-ak »

Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2010, 01:51:06 PM »
Patsy Cline - Crazy

Patsy Cline - Crazy

Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2010, 01:52:23 PM »
my all time fav

Unchained Melody - Righteous Brothers

Unchained Melody - Righteous Brothers

Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2010, 01:53:45 PM »
I love Chris Isaak's - Wicked Game.....haven't heard it in awhile..

Support the USO

Offline aligncare

• Congrats Donald Trump! 45th POTUS!
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2010, 03:35:37 PM »

myst, I love "Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me".  I just recorded it for my mp3.  Isn't YouTube grand!
Some #NeverTrumpers are like the pockets of Japanese who didn't know the war was over

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2010, 04:19:23 PM »
I do too ac..one of my old favs.....

Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator

Support the USO

Offline wtf21

« Reply #23 on: December 25, 2010, 02:16:48 AM »
Lando...great idea for a thread.  Hope it thrives.  In that regard...

Let the Good Times Roll - Harry Nilsson

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #24 on: December 25, 2010, 03:10:14 AM »
Lando...great idea for a thread.  Hope it thrives.  In that regard...

Thanks wtf21... Merry Christmas...   
Dave Mason-We Just Disagree

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf