Author Topic: IG Horowitz reportedly has made a criminal referral on James Comey  (Read 1464 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
August 1, 2019
IG Horowitz reportedly has made a criminal referral on James Comey
By Tiberiu Dianu

According to multiple sources as reported by John Solomon of The Hill, Inspector General (IG) Michael Horowitz has referred former FBI Director James Comey for possible prosecution under the classified information protection laws under two counts:

-(a) leaking classified information, and

-(b) showing “lack of candor” (a euphemism for lying) with investigations, after the FBI investigated President Trump over the Russian collusion.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2019/08/ig_horowitz_reportedly_has_made_a_criminal_referral_on_james_comey.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: IG Horowitz reportedly has made a criminal referral on James Comey
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2019, 01:12:09 pm »
Didn't we just have a thread yesterday that claimed Comey would NOT be prosecuted for leaking information/details?

So...WTH is it? :shrug:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2019, 01:16:07 pm »
I am so bored with this crap.  Either it happens or it doesn't.  Stop with the constant conjecture.  It just amounts to fake news. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2019, 01:16:50 pm »
Didn't we just have a thread yesterday that claimed Comey would NOT be prosecuted for leaking information/details?

He's made the referral, but I heard on the news last night that the DOJ was declining to prosecute.   :shrug:

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2019, 01:17:00 pm »
DOJ declines to prosecute James Comey on inspector general referral for leaking classified info
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/doj-declines-to-prosecute-james-comey-on-inspector-general-referral-for-leaking-classified-info
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2019, 01:40:42 pm »
As I understand this very "fluid" situation, Horowitz created a "cut out" report from his work specifically focused on Comey's leaking activities....  that is what the DoJ has declined to prosecute.

At the same time there is a fair amount of buzz surrounding Horowtiz's upcoming "FISA abuses" report....  that is the one that people like Solomon are saying is devastating to Comey (and a bunch of others involved with the FISA warrants)...  the theory is that Barr's DoJ is passing on the 'minor' leaking referral and waiting for the big enchilada....

:shrug:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2019, 01:57:33 pm »
As I understand this very "fluid" situation, Horowitz created a "cut out" report from his work specifically focused on Comey's leaking activities....  that is what the DoJ has declined to prosecute.

At the same time there is a fair amount of buzz surrounding Horowtiz's upcoming "FISA abuses" report....  that is the one that people like Solomon are saying is devastating to Comey (and a bunch of others involved with the FISA warrants)...  the theory is that Barr's DoJ is passing on the 'minor' leaking referral and waiting for the big enchilada....

Praying that to be the case @EdJames   I LOVE enchiladas!  The bigger the better!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2019, 03:06:50 pm »
Praying that to be the case @EdJames   I LOVE enchiladas!  The bigger the better!

888high58888

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2019, 03:15:40 pm »

I like them too.  Even cheese.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2019, 04:20:54 pm »
James Comey's next reckoning is imminent — this time for leaking

https://thehill.com/opinion/judiciary/455616-james-comeys-next-reckoning-is-imminent-this-time-for-leaking
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline jpsb

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2019, 04:59:29 pm »
He's made the referral, but I heard on the news last night that the DOJ was declining to prosecute.   :shrug:
Just like they decline to prosecute Asst Director Andy MaCabe for lying to the FBI. Why is it only GOPer like Gen Flynn get charged?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2019, 05:25:22 pm »
James Comey's next reckoning is imminent — this time for leaking

https://thehill.com/opinion/judiciary/455616-james-comeys-next-reckoning-is-imminent-this-time-for-leaking

It's just around the corner.  Free beer tomorrow!  Happy Fitzmas (in 24 business hours).
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2019, 05:47:45 pm »
There's another reason that the DOJ is taking this path.

Hillary Clinton has said more than once that if she goes down, she is taking Washington down with her.

She was gleaning data on her potential opponents and enemies when Barack was just a boy.

Everyone knows that Obama compiled the biggest data base on Americans once he gained control of our Intelligence agencies.  Add what Hillary knows and you can understand why "no intent" applied to her.

I think James Comey did what anybody with a brain would do.... insure that if anything happened to you, that certain people would be exposed.

It's just a shame Seth Rich didn't get the opportunity to protect himself.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2019, 05:51:28 pm »

This is (was) my understanding, too.  That Horowitz's report made the referral for indictment to the DOJ, but the DOJ declined to prosecute because he didn't have malicious intent -- or some such nonsense.

But, this seems to have changed, at least in the 1:00 hour.   :laugh:   @DCPatriot

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2019, 05:58:46 pm »

This is what I heard all last night and even this morning …..

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2019, 06:25:27 pm »
OK, @DCPatriot, here it is:

The concerns stem from the fact that one memo that Comey leaked to a friend specifically to be published by the media — as he admitted in congressional testimony — contained information classified at the lowest level of “confidential,” and that classification was made by the FBI after Comey had transmitted the information, the sources said.

Although a technical violation, the DOJ did not want to “make its first case against the Russia investigators with such thin margins and look petty and vindictive,” a source told me, explaining the DOJ’s rationale.

But Comey and others inside the FBI and the DOJ during his tenure still face legal jeopardy in ongoing probes by the IG and Barr-appointed special prosecutor John Durham. Those investigations are focused on the origins of the Russia investigation that included a Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) warrant targeting the Trump campaign at the end of the 2016 election, the source said....

This sounds promising.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2019, 06:58:07 pm »
OK, @DCPatriot, here it is:

This sounds promising.

Yes, it does, and it covers the ground Horowitz will expose when the IG Report is issued.  "Tomorrow," when we get the Free Beer.
I will NOT comply.

Offline rustynail

« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2019, 07:07:10 pm »
The Walls....

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2019, 10:50:04 pm »
@Sanguine
@Right_in_Virginia

Thanks for the clarification.

This guy's neck needs to be stretched.
 :smokin: