Author Topic: Even More Pics!  (Read 25878 times)

Oceander

Re: Even More Pics!
« Reply #100 on: January 19, 2011, 03:25:08 am »
Haven't had time for a while to put together another of my "days" sets, so I knocked this one out tonight:

Oceander

« Reply #101 on: January 20, 2011, 02:41:23 am »
Here's the tenth full set:

Oceander

« Reply #102 on: January 20, 2011, 02:42:40 am »
Just in case you couldn't tell, I really like to play around with fonts and type.

Oceander

« Reply #103 on: January 20, 2011, 12:33:22 pm »
And set #11!

Oceander

« Reply #104 on: January 21, 2011, 06:06:13 pm »
More of my little babies:

Perhaps I'll try months next; they'd be a little more thematic than the days of the week.

Oceander

« Reply #105 on: January 21, 2011, 07:29:49 pm »
As I threatened, here's the first "month":

Looks like it's made from chunks of ice, don't it?

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #106 on: January 21, 2011, 07:36:25 pm »
Oceander.....If you go into the source page for my latest RUSH - live thread, you'll see the links that I copied for the image location.

I then highlighted them and clicked on the 2nd from the left landscape picture icon above.

They show up in the preview, but not in the final post mode.

Help yourself, if you can figure it out.  Think Rush is just protecting his link.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Oceander

« Reply #107 on: January 21, 2011, 08:40:58 pm »
I'll take a look when i get a chance.

Oceander

« Reply #108 on: January 22, 2011, 06:34:56 pm »
Didn't like the image, so I cut it out.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 06:45:06 pm by Oceander »

Oceander

« Reply #109 on: January 22, 2011, 06:41:15 pm »
Just testin' - nothin' to see
----------------------------------

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH:  The Democrats and the media, they still want to talk about the health care repeal vote in the House as nothing more than political theater.  Hell, it was bipartisan, there were three Democrats that voted.  Repeal of health care in the House got more votes than Obamacare got in the House.  Did you know that?  To kick it away got more votes than the original bill got in support.  Yesterday's vote was not political theater, folks, it was the laying of a minefield.  You wonder why Dingy Harry doesn't want that vote over there in the Senate?  Dingy Harry is saying (paraphrasing) "I'm not gonna allow the vote to happen over here."  McConnell says there will be a vote. Dingy Harry said there's not gonna be a vote.  He knows he might lose it.  There's a bunch of Democrats in the Senate up for reelection in 2012, and he doesn't want to have to force those guys on the record.  He is afraid of all the Democrats in the Senate who would vote to repeal this thing.  This is by no means anything other than an expression of and a sticking to of principle.  No political theater intended here.  Isn't it interesting how the momentum can shift in just one political day?  Prior to the vote yesterday, people on our side, "It's over, we lost the momentum, ah, this stuff in Tucson," now everybody's back up, and revved up, ready to go.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Now, in the spirit of the new tone and in the spirit of civility, shouldn't Harry Reid be only too happy to let the Democrats in the Senate vote on this?  Don't all the polls show that the American people want the Democrats and Republicans to work together?  We have that poll (laughing), so-called poll.  USA Today, earlier this week, everybody wants the Republicans and Democrats to work together.  A vast majority of the American people want Obamacare repealed and yet Dingy Harry will not allow a vote in the House.  And therefore Dingy Harry is standing in the way of Republicans and Democrats working together.  Shouldn't the media, ladies and gentlemen, demand the Senate show this bipartisan bill the respect it deserves?  It got three Democrat votes, the repeal vote did.  I mean it's the essence of bipartisanship.  But as I said, he doesn't want to bring the House bill to a vote because he doesn't want to make the senators go on the record against repeal.  He could read the tea leaves.  He doesn't want people to go on the record against repeal in the Senate.  He knows that will hurt Democrats.  It will be used against 'em in the 2012 campaign.

But ask yourself this:  What would the Senate do if they were facing another election next month?  You know they would vote to repeal Obamacare to save their jobs, or they would at least think very seriously about it.  Obama might even vote to kill the bill to save his job and then come back like Clinton did with welfare reform. Go ahead and let it happen and come back and promise everybody to go back later and fix it.  'Cause we know at the end of the day they are going to govern against the will of the American people.
BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Another thing about Dingy Harry: Dingy Harry is scared to death to allow this vote on the repeal of Obamacare in the Senate.  'Cause if they do vote against it, there will be a record to defeat their rear ends in the next election.  So he can't win.  This ought to show you the real strength of the whole repeal movement.  The vast majority of people don't want it.  Dingy Harry doesn't want a vote in a Senate.  He's worried about two things: Losing some Democrats who would vote for the repeal, and the Democrats who are opposed to repeal going on the record, because that would make themselves targets in their reelection bids in 2012: Voted against repeal of Obamacare.  So he's opposed to bipartisanship. He doesn't want the Republicans and Democrats "working together." He is opposed to "civility." He's out there calling Hu Jintao a "dictator."  Do not think for a moment that there is anywhere near a majority sentiment in love with Obamacare.  There isn't.  The vast majority of people even, in the House and the Senate, know in their hearts it's rotten and ought to be done away with.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: I can't tell you enough: Obamacare just got a shellacking, folks.  The vote in the House was 245 to 189. That's a larger margin than the vote for Obamacare got.  Dingy Harry will not allow a vote in the Senate (though Mitch McConnell says there will be one) because he looks at it as a no-win. If he loses some Democrats voting for repeal, that's not good; and other Democrats going on record opposing appeal is not good for their own reelection efforts.

By the way, I have a question about respect and protocol and so forth.  Last night's state dinner was black tie.  (For those of you in Rio Linda, that means tuxedo.) I saw a picture of the ChiCom leader, Hu Jintao.  He was not wearing a tuxedo.  He was wearing a dark suit, a white shirt, and a blue tie.  Now, he's a stickler for protocol. He's been telling us this all week.  Is that offensive?  Should we be offended that the man in whose honor the dinner was last night did not dress according to the requirements?  Maybe the ChiComs don't have tuxedos in their wardrobes? Is it not part of what they wear?  I don't know.  I'm just asking the question.
END TRANSCRIPT
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 06:52:51 pm by Oceander »

Oceander

« Reply #110 on: January 22, 2011, 10:02:15 pm »

Offline Thumbs Up!

« Reply #111 on: January 22, 2011, 11:47:25 pm »

And you can tell the difference how? :-)

Oceander

« Reply #112 on: January 23, 2011, 10:25:50 pm »
And you can tell the difference how? :-)

One wears a lot of funky white and red makeup; the other's a raving lunatic!

Oceander

« Reply #113 on: January 23, 2011, 10:26:44 pm »
Another "month" graphic (yes, I know they're out of order, that's the beauty of digital!):

Oceander

« Reply #114 on: January 24, 2011, 04:28:07 am »
And the third "month" - stepping back in time, so to speak:

Oceander

« Reply #115 on: January 25, 2011, 12:30:11 pm »
Oopsie!

Oceander

« Reply #116 on: January 25, 2011, 12:31:01 pm »

(just b/c I thought it looked nice)(the letters are actually semi-transparent)

Oceander

« Reply #117 on: January 26, 2011, 02:56:08 am »
Some of my leetle friends:

Oceander

« Reply #118 on: January 27, 2011, 03:39:37 am »

Oceander

« Reply #119 on: January 28, 2011, 12:45:21 am »

Oceander

« Reply #120 on: January 30, 2011, 03:08:07 pm »
More of my leetle friends:

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #121 on: January 30, 2011, 05:13:39 pm »

LOL....I saw the thumbs-up gif over at TOS hawking their month-long Freepathon  and thought something like this was a much better use. 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #122 on: January 30, 2011, 05:18:31 pm »
lol....too funny
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Oceander

« Reply #123 on: January 30, 2011, 10:13:33 pm »
lol....too funny

Is that going to be the new fundraiser come-on for GBR? ;)

« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 10:15:18 pm by Oceander »

Oceander

« Reply #124 on: January 30, 2011, 10:18:58 pm »
Or this?