General Category > National/Breaking News

Covington Catholic Bishop and School Administration — Who Threw the Kids Under the Bus — Now Barring

(1/1)

mystery-ak:
Covington Catholic Bishop and School Administration — Who Threw the Kids Under the Bus — Now Barring Them From Speaking to Media to Defend Themselves
by Cassandra Fairbanks January 23, 2019

The Bishop and school administration at Covington Catholic — that immediately threw these kids under the bus without full information — has now told students they cannot speak to the media to defend themselves.

Neither the Diocese or school has apologized to the kids for believing leftist activist Nathan Phillips and the liberal media as they smeared the students. Both even apologized on their behalf and have not yet retracted it — even though the original narrative has been thoroughly debunked.

more
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2019/01/covington-catholic-bishop-and-school-administration-who-threw-the-kids-under-the-bus-now-barring-them-from-speaking-to-media-to-defend-themselves/

verga:
I am pretty sure neither has the authority to do this. As a Catholic you are subject to the authority of the Bishop on matters of Faith and Morals, period. Now the school may decide to expel them whether they speak to the media or not, but they will have a very had time justifying that and I am pretty sure that donors to the school and Diocese will have some very strong opinions on they that could/ should result in a serious reduction in donations. I can also see it resulting in a drop in enrollment as well. I hope that the Diocese and school both realize this before doing something they will regret. 

Smokin Joe:
The ONLY way I see this as possibly of benefit is keeping the kids from being rhetorically trapped by hostile interviewers. Lest we forget the likes of Katie Couric's crew butchering the tapes of interviews with Sara Palin to make her look like a rube, the same could be done with these boys, and that might damage the course of litigation.
The optics suck, though, and the Diocese and school should recant apologies made on the basis of reporting
that has been proven false and misleading.

Failure to back their own students when they are right might be felt in Alumni donations in the future.

goatprairie:

--- Quote from: Smokin Joe on January 24, 2019, 12:34:12 pm ---The ONLY way I see this as possibly of benefit is keeping the kids from being rhetorically trapped by hostile interviewers. Lest we forget the likes of Katie Couric's crew butchering the tapes of interviews with Sara Palin to make her look like a rube, the same could be done with these boys, and that might damage the course of litigation.
The optics suck, though, and the Diocese and school should recant apologies made on the basis of reporting
that has been proven false and misleading.

Failure to back their own students when they are right might be felt in Alumni donations in the future.

--- End quote ---
"Lest we forget the likes of Katie Couric's crew butchering the tapes of interviews with Sara Palin to make her look like a rube, the same could be done with these boys, and that might damage the course of litigation."

Apparently, lib media members will stop at nothing to smear people who are not "progressives."
You probably are aware of the idiot in the news department of some Seattle tv station who altered video tapes of Trump speaking making it seem like he was deranged or suffering from a spastic tic.
Who does things like that? Liberals, that's who.

dfwgator:
Probably on orders from Bergoglio.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version