General Category > Editorial/Opinion/Blogs

Good news: Illinois will be spared when the world ends

(1/3) > >>

mystery-ak:
Good news: Illinois will be spared when the world ends
by David Freddoso
 | January 23, 2019 05:00 PM

J.B. Pritzker, the new governor of Illinois, has begun his reign with the symbolic signing of his state back on to the Paris climate agreement:

It means Illinois will abide by the Paris agreement that aims at reducing greenhouse-gas emissions by up to 28 percent by 2025. Former President Barack Obama signed the U.S. onto the Paris accord in 2016 but President Donald Trump withdrew months later.

Pritzker's order also directs the Illinois Environmental Protection Agency to monitor the Trump administration's environmental proposals and look for ways to "protect Illinoisans from environmental harm."

This means Illinois will be spared when the world ends in 12 years, right? Well, no, I'm afraid it doesn't work that way. But if you do especially want Illinois to be spared for some reason, perhaps it will at least make you feel better about yourself.

Paris was a nonbinding agreement. More importantly, its terms would not be nearly ambitious enough to save the world, were its continued existence truly threatened as some contend.

mystery-ak:
I still have hope a meteor smashes into Springfield

dfwgator:

--- Quote from: mystery-ak on January 23, 2019, 10:32:05 pm ---I still have hope a meteor smashes into Springfield

--- End quote ---

If it hits how could you tell?

the_doc:
@mystery-ak

--- Quote from: mystery-ak on January 23, 2019, 10:32:05 pm ---I still have hope a meteor smashes into Springfield

--- End quote ---

Not much chance of that, but be of good cheer:  the "odds" are very good that the governor will wind up in jail.

roamer_1:
 Illinoisians  ???

:wtf:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version