General Category > Politics/Government

The Hill: Pelosi tells Trump no State of the Union on Tuesday [the latest]

(1/10) > >>

mystery-ak:
Pelosi tells Trump no State of the Union on Tuesday
By Jordan Fabian - 01/23/19 02:41 PM EST

Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) said Wednesday she will block President Trump from delivering the State of the Union address in the House chamber on Jan. 29.

In a letter to Trump, Pelosi said she would not move forward with the legislative steps needed for the address to take place.

“The House of Representatives will not consider a concurrent resolution authorizing the president's State of the Union address in the House chamber until government has opened,” she wrote.

Pelosi’s move comes just hours after Trump informed her in a letter that he would move ahead and deliver the address at the Capitol on that date, essentially daring the Speaker to scrap his plans.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/426649-pelosi-tells-trump-no-sotu-on-tuesday

Wingnut:
Who does that  bug-eyed botoxed old trout face think she is?   

:pop41:

libertybele:

--- Quote from: The Ghost on January 23, 2019, 07:51:53 pm ---Who does that  bug-eyed botoxed old trout face think she is?   

--- End quote ---

Speaker of the House and from my understanding he has to be invited to speak from the House.  She obviously is saying no, but the House msjority leader has invited him.

Personally, I think he needs to deliver it outside of the House and make her look like a complete non-negotiating blubbering boob.

Victoria33:

--- Quote from: The Ghost on January 23, 2019, 07:51:53 pm ---Who does that  bug-eyed botoxed old trout face think she is?   

--- End quote ---
@The Ghost

She is Nancy Pelosi, Speaker of the House, rents for free the House; she can make speeches there/decides who makes speeches in the House.  Trump rents for free the White House, can make speeches there/decides if someone can speak in the White House.

Polly Ticks:

--- Quote from: libertybele on January 23, 2019, 07:59:36 pm ---[...] make her look like a complete non-negotiating blubbering boob.

--- End quote ---

I think she's got that one covered without any help.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version