General Category > National/Breaking News

Native American Activist Nathan Phillips Never Served in Vietnam — But Raised Money By Saying He Did

(1/5) > >>

Free Vulcan:

The Washington Post has had to issue yet another retraction after falsely claiming that far-left Native American activist Nathan Phillips served in the Vietnam War. He didn’t — but this lie was previously used to help raise money for a documentary about his life.

On Monday, the Washington Post quietly issued a correction to their story about the activist, saying that while he served in the Marines, he was never deployed to Vietnam.

“Correction: Earlier versions of this story incorrectly said that Native American activist Nathan Phillips fought in the Vietnam War. Phillips served in the U.S. Marines from 1972 to 1976 but was never deployed to Vietnam,” the update reads.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2019/01/he-lied-native-american-activist-nathan-phillips-never-served-in-vietnam-but-raised-money-by-saying-he-did/

-----------

dfwgator:
"I was Agent Orange!"

Sorry...

mystery-ak:
 By James Varney - The Washington Times - Monday, January 21, 2019

Native American activist Nathan Phillips faces questions about reports that he’s a veteran of the Vietnam war.

According to multiple news accounts, the activist is 64 years old, which means he would have been 18 years old in 1973, the last year any U.S. combat units were stationed in Vietnam. Mr. Phillips also claims to be a Marine veteran, although the last Marine combat units left Vietnam in 1971.

A careful reading of Mr. Phillips‘ own descriptions does not make clear if he ever set foot in Vietnam. Instead, he has used much more careful language claiming he is a “Vietnam times veteran,” an ambiguous phrasing that led many media accounts to conclude he was a combat veteran.

Mr. Phillips could not be reached for comment Monday.

Nick Sandmann, who was in Washington, D.C. over the weekend as part of the March for Life, is the student caught on video wearing a “Make America Great Again” hat and facing Mr. Phillips. The encounter was virally framed as Nick “confronting” Mr. Phillips, although video from multiple sources and angles shows it was Mr. Phillips who initiated the contact and bewildered Nick.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/jan/21/nathan-phillips-vietnam-veteran-status-question/

jpsb:
The WP retracted its' claim that he was a nam vet.

mrclose:
I will be 67 next month.

I went to Nam right out of high school.

Left Nam at the end of 73 and shut the door on the way out!

The 'Indian' was born the same year as my brother.
This clown was no Nam vet ... unless he joined at the age of 15!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version