Author Topic: Imam Who Converted to Christianity: My Own Family Now Want to Kill Me  (Read 289 times)

rangerrebew

Imam Who Converted to Christianity: My Own Family Now Want to Kill Me

20 Jan 20191,522

A former imam from Pakistan who migrated to Germany and converted to Christianity now claims that he faces death threats in his native country from many including members of his own family.

The 34-year-old said he grew up in a religious household in Pakistan and trained from the age of eight to become an imam, just as his father and grandfather had been before him. Following missionary work in Greece, where he had planned to start his own mosque, he began his conversion to Christianity and now says he fears for his life in Pakistan, German tabloid Bild reports.

The German paper identifies the imam under a different name, Haroon Masih, for his own safety, and according to Mr Masih it was the charity of a Christian couple in Greece that began his journey to Christianity, saying that he had previously been taught to reject other faiths.

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2019/01/20/imam-who-converted-to-christianity-my-own-family-now-want-to-kill-me/