Author Topic: Hollywood Actress Apologizes For Getting the Covington Story Wrong...Can't Say the Same for Others  (Read 3962 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Hollywood Actress Apologizes For Getting the Covington Story Wrong...Can't Say the Same for Others
Cortney O'Brien

|
 @obrienc2
|
Posted: Jan 21, 2019 1:50 PM

Over the weekend, media painted the narrative that a group of Catholic high school students harassed Native American veterans in Washington, D.C., before having to retract their reports and publish apologies when the fuller story came out. It turns out that the students were not looking to pick a fight with the veterans, who were participating in an Indigenous Peoples March, and video footage showed that the veterans were the first ones to approach them. In a statement telling his side of the story, the junior who was the source of derision this weekend, Nick Sandmann, explained that he was actually trying to diffuse the situation. He was startled by the confrontation, which could explain that strange look on his face that has been circulating on social media.

Actress Jamie Lee Curtis was one of several people to say sorry for jumping too quickly to conclusions.

She also offered a pretty thoughtful suggestion for President Trump.

more
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/cortneyobrien/2019/01/21/this-hollywood-actress-just-apologized-for-getting-the-covington-story-wrong-n2539359
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
She seems a little more honest and less self-impressed than many of those people.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online mountaineer

She seems a little more honest and less self-impressed than many of those people.
Alyssa Milano comes to mind. What a dope.
Alyssa Milano  Verified account @Alyssa_Milano

Let’s not forget—this entire event happened because a group of boys went on a school-sanctioned trip to protest against a woman’s right to her own body and reproductive healthcare. It is not debatable that bigotry was at play from the start.
1:39 PM - 21 Jan 2019
Sorry your career is washed up, honey, but please do something worthwhile with all that free time.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mountaineer

Too little TOO LATE? S.E. Cupp, Jamie Lee Curtis, and others apologize for making ‘snap judgments’ on Covington kids
Posted at 1:57 pm on January 21, 2019 by Sam J.

As more and more evidence comes forward showing the Covington Catholic school kids did nothing wrong to Nathan Phillips (and his account gets more jumbled and suspicious) it seems some people who made snap judgments about the kids are coming forward to apologize.

Like Jamie Lee Curtis.  ...

Of course, the Left is angry at her for apologizing. HA HA HA HA HA HA  ...

Unfortunately for most of these folks (and there are more), a good many people are NOT accepting their apologies in social media because many think they’re only apologizing because of the rumors of a lawsuit floating around Twitter.

That being said, at the end of the day, it’s more about whether or not the Covington kids will accept their apologies.

And that remains to be seen.
Twitchy

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Alyssa Milano comes to mind. What a dope.Sorry your career is washed up, honey, but please do something worthwhile with all that free time.

Oh, that one is really stupid and proud of it.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Alyssa Milano comes to mind. What a dope.Sorry your career is washed up, honey, but please do something worthwhile with all that free time.

How can you Say such a thing?

With Mega Blockbusters like These under her belt?   wink777

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alyssa_Milano

2011    Beverly Hills Chihuahua 2    Biminy (voice)    Direct-to-video
2011    Hall Pass    Mandy Bohac    
2011    New Year's Eve    Nurse Mindy    Segment: "Hospital Story"
2018    Little Italy    Dora    
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Online mountaineer

Exactly, @To-Whose-Benefit?  This is about the time she should consider other career opportunities.

• Wulf Anson Author
Exactly, @To-Whose-Benefit?  This is about the time she should consider other career opportunities.

Buy herself a line of Catering Trucks.

She's probably get more work with Them on Big Budget productions than she's been getting.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

Offline GrouchoTex

I am seeing a lot of well known people backtrack their original statements after hearing the facts.
They too, are learning what we have already learned, that is not to jump to conclusions when the MSM reports something.
The media sets up the narrative they want to portray, and we have to dig up the reality or wait for it to surface.
Sharyl Attkisson is one of the few reporters I trust anymore.
She actually does research before reporting.
Imagine that!

Something good may come out of this after all.

Online mountaineer

Agreed, Groucho. Sharyl is good.

Offline verga

I know that it will never happen, but I keep hoping that this and the Buzzfeed debacle will serve as a reminder about jumping to conclusions based on the lies from the MSM.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline LMAO

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
While I'm glad Curtis walked this one back in public, I'm disappointed S.E. Cupp fell for it in the first place.  She should know better.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline dfwgator

Go die in a fire, Jamie, apology not accepted.

• Wulf Anson Author

Is she still working?

Or is her husband (Nigel Tufnel of Spinal Tap) still looking to do another little off the wall comedy?

Online Hoodat

While I'm glad Curtis walked this one back in public, I'm disappointed S.E. Cupp fell for it in the first place.  She should know better.

I was shocked and thoroughly disappointed when I heard her comments.  And saying it on CNN made it even worse.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline dfwgator

I was shocked and thoroughly disappointed when I heard her comments.  And saying it on CNN made it even worse.

She let her hatred of Trump get the best of her.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2019, 06:22:38 pm by dfwgator »

Offline skeeter

I hope everyone is paying attention to who on 'our side' who jumped down these kids' throats. Their reaction to this event provides a good indication of which of these 'conservative' commentators actually know what we're up against and oppose it, and which consider conservatism just a shtick that pays their bills.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2019, 05:33:19 pm by skeeter »

Offline aligncare

I hope everyone is paying attention to who on 'our side' who jumped down these kids' throats. Their reaction to this event provides a good indication of which of these 'conservative' commentators actually know what we're up against and oppose it, and which consider conservatism just a shtick that pays their bills.

Good point. It concerns me to see conservatives echoing the very thing we’ve always fought against: liberal talking-points.

But I hasten to add that talking-points should be the least of our worries. What we are witnessing now is politics on steroids in the Left’s response to Donald Trump and his MAGA presidency.

The staging of news events, the coordination of messaging between newsrooms and democrats and the social media mobs. I fear that a further breakdown in once trusted institutions, like the press, the FBI and CIA, will eventually lead to violent skirmishes and long, hot summers of rage in cities across the nation.

Offline thackney

Good point. It concerns me to see conservatives echoing the very thing we’ve always fought against: liberal talking-points.

But I hasten to add that talking-points should be the least of our worries. What we are witnessing now is politics on steroids in the Left’s response to Donald Trump and his MAGA presidency.

The staging of news events, the coordination of messaging between newsrooms and democrats and the social media mobs. I fear that a further breakdown in once trusted institutions, like the press, the FBI and CIA, will eventually lead to violent skirmishes and long, hot summers of rage in cities across the nation.

Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline verga

Why not, would you rather she act like she did nothing wrong like the rest of the libtards?
Has she done anything to indicate that her remorse is not sincere or her contrition genuine?
She she repeats the error then we can condemn her. In the mean time: If you want to increase something incentivize it.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline dfwgator

Why not, would you rather she act like she did nothing wrong like the rest of the libtards?
Has she done anything to indicate that her remorse is not sincere or her contrition genuine?
She she repeats the error then we can condemn her. In the mean time: If you want to increase something incentivize it.

Did she ever apologize for this?

Jamie Lee Curtis blames Trump for Hawaii false alarm

https://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/in-the-know/368920-jamie-lee-curtis-blames-trump-for-hawaii-false-alarm

Offline LMAO

Jamie Lee Curtis apologize for her error and admitted that she made the mistake of jumping to conclusions. It seems some believe that she should slit her wrist, also
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline dfwgator

Jamie Lee Curtis apologize for her error and admitted that she made the mistake of jumping to conclusions. It seems some believe that she should slit her wrist, also

Works for me.