Author Topic: Dems Angry As Lindsey Graham Uses New Judicial Committee Chair To Investigate Obama Era Scandals  (Read 765 times)

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Democrats are less than thrilled over the fact that Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) has decided to use his new position as chairmen of the Senate Judicial Committee to look back into the scandals of the Obama Administration.

According to The Hill, Graham has turned his attention to scandals such as the FBI’s investigation into Hillary Clinton’s private email server and the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) warrant applications targeting former Trump campaign aide Carter Page.

Some Democrats have immediately turned to mocking Graham over the investigations, saying he’s wasting their time:
“This is going to be like the History Channel it turns out. Instead of taking a look at the current issues, Lindsey Graham wants to go back and answer important questions about the Bermuda Triangle and Hillary Clinton,” Durbin told The Hill.
Durbin said he was “concerned” about Graham’s plans but quipped that “you know there is that question about Jimmy Carter which he probably wants to ask.”
Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse (D-R.I.), another member of the panel, said maybe Graham should “investigate Benghazi some more too” — an apparent reference to a years-long House probe that Democrats considered a political stunt.

https://www.redstate.com/brandon_morse/2019/01/21/dems-angry-lindsey-graham-uses-new-judicial-committee-chair-investigate-obama-era-scandals/

Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Lindsey Graham 2.0 strikes again.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Democrats are less than thrilled over the fact that Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) has decided to use his new position as chairmen of the Senate Judicial Committee to look back into the scandals of the Obama Administration.

According to The Hill, Graham has turned his attention to scandals such as the FBI’s investigation into Hillary Clinton’s private email server and the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) warrant applications targeting former Trump campaign aide Carter Page.

@Emjay

OK,I am now officially "gobsmacked". I would have bet money Graham would have never done this.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

@Emjay

OK,I am now officially "gobsmacked". I would have bet money Graham would have never done this.
To quote Janet Reno, " There is no evidence which exists..."

If Graham blows this, and I think he will, they'll walk.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline libertybele

The Mueller/Rosenstein investigation has given 'them' time to bury and destroy evidence.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
To quote Janet Reno, " There is no evidence which exists..."

If Graham blows this, and I think he will, they'll walk.

Well, nothing to lose by trying since they've walked until now.

And we can enjoy the show.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Should keep Graham occupied and he might actually do something positive.

Offline Frank Cannon

an apparent reference to a years-long House probe that Democrats considered a political stunt.

But the Impeachment of Trump isn't a stunt, right Turban?

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Well, nothing to lose by trying since they've walked until now.

And we can enjoy the show.

Exactly what it is.  Reality show.  Up the ratings.  Trump already at the very, very beginning of his presidency said Hillary had suffered enough.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I would love to see democrats even less thrilled personally.   Much less in fact!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien