Author Topic: Rush: The Truth About the MAGA Hat Kids and the Native American Vet  (Read 420 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

The Truth About the MAGA Hat Kids and the Native American Vet

Jan 21, 2019

RUSH: I have a story here from the archives of the Fox News affiliate in Detroit, Fox News, Eyeball News 5. The headline: “Native American Claims Racial Harassment by EMU Students Dressed as Indians.” Now, who do you think this story’s about? This story is about our old buddy, the war drummer, Nathan Phillips. Essentially what the story says… I love paraphrasing these things rather than read the whole thing to you. Nine years ago, this same “Indian activist,” quote-unquote, Nathan Phillips claimed he was just walked along the street one day minding his own business…

I don’t know if he’s beating the drum or not. He’s walking along the street and he saw a fraternity house throwing an Indian party. How often does that happen to you? You’re walking down the street and there’s a fraternity right there throwing an Indian party? Why, it happens all the time. How many of you in college will be walking down the street and there’s an Indian party at the nearby frat house? Well, that’s what happened here.

He was walking along the street, saw a frat house throwing an Indian party, and rather than just walk on, he approached them, and he demanded that they explain themselves. Nathan Phillips claimed they called him racial epithets like “Indian.” He claimed that the frat boys hit him. He says he called the cops, but by the time the cops arrived all the frat guys had disappeared and there was no evidence of an Indian party.

Yeah, like there had never been a party, which makes me wonder if it all wasn’t in Mr. Phillips’ imagination.

By the way, the article mentions that the mascot for Eastern Michigan University — which is where the frat house is, Eastern Michigan University — used to be the Huron Indian. But they got rid of it some 20 years ago, and Phillips says he’s still fighting that battle even though they got rid of the mascot. Nathan Phillips says there was “a lot of hate behind” EMU, Eastern Michigan University, picking an Indian as a mascot. Why would a school choose a mascot of something they hate? This is something I’ve never understood about all these people claiming that these mascots are inherently racist or bigoted.

Why are they choosing names of things they hate? They’re not. It’s quite the opposite. At any rate, the guy is not as he is portrayed in the media. Like all left-wing mobsters are portrayed — by “mobster,” I mean rent-a-mob protesters. None of them are innocent and just happen to be walking by, minding their own business while white Christians do something to tick ’em off. It’s not it at all. But that’s how they’re always portrayed, be they Indian protesters or African-American protesters or women’s protestors.

And, by the way, there was a women’s march over the weekend, too, and you talk about a bomb? Madonna didn’t show up and talk about blowing up the White House again. And what’s her name, Ashley Judd, didn’t show up and say (shouting), “I am an angry woman!” She didn’t do any of that. Nobody showed up. It was a gigantic bomb actually, the Women’s March. It doesn’t matter. The media will report all those things as though they were massively attended –and reflected, by the way, the majority thinking of the United States.

I was finally… Kyle Smith in the New York Post had a good one yesterday. You know, one of my big bugaboos has always been how the media gets on some story involving the fringe left and something they’re ticked off about and they then cover that event or story as though all of America is as outraged as the fringe element doing the protesting is. Kyle Smith wrote about this phenomenon yesterday in the New York Post titled something like, “Why We Are All Outraged All the Time.”

And that is the objective of the media. There are just constant enemies, bad guys. No matter if they’re the bad guys or not, and that’s why… It’s so common and it happens so frequently, that why it’s not immediately spotted by people on our side for what it is, is beyond frustrating to me. Because, folks, this is the sum total of the battle. But of course the Never Trumpers on our side don’t even think there’s a battle! They were gonna vote for Hillary Clinton!

That’s how little they believe our country is in crisis, all because they wanted to maintain the respect of the Washington establishment and the Washington media.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: We go to St. Petersburg, Florida. This is Johnna and it’s great to have you. Hi.

CALLER: Hi, Rush. Thank you so much for taking my call.

RUSH: You bet.

CALLER: Rush, I just want to tell you. I was so frustrated this morning. I went to church this morning, and my priest at the beginning of his hominy, he started chastising these Covington students, right? So I was, like, trying to keep my patience, and I listened to him give misinformed information about what happened. So I had to call him on the carpet. I asked him. I said, “Where did you get your news source from?” He said, “Some U.K. news story.” So I said, “If you would do me a favor, go to the YouTube video and look at the whole video, and then I’m gonna ask you about it tomorrow, and I want to know exactly what you think.” So I’m gonna follow up with him, but I wanted to let him know that he was misinformed about that video.

RUSH: Wait a minute. Is this a Catholic priest?

CALLER: Yes.

RUSH: Catholic priest. Does he know what YouTube is?

CALLER: Yes, he does. He does.

RUSH: He knows how to navigate. He knows how to find what you want him to see on YouTube.

CALLER: I said, “Are you familiar with the internet?” He said, “Yes.” I said, ‘Well, do you know about YouTube?” He said, “Yes.” I said, “Go there and look at the whole video, and then this I would like to discuss it with you tomorrow, because what I witnessed is that Nathan Phillips guy, that activist? He was the aggressor. Those young men were there for a pro-life movement, and we should not be chastising them. We should be defending them.”

RUSH: Hey, look, it wasn’t… Let me tell you something, Johnna. It’s not just your priest. Are you ready for this? The kids’ own school condemned ’em! Without a moment of investigation, without a moment of looking into it — in a pure, knee-jerk reaction — their own school threw them overboard and then under the bus. Their own school!

That’s how afraid (snort!) their own school is. That’s how afraid all of so many people on the right seem to be of the mainstream media and of the left and the Democrat Party. This hurry, this rush to be seen as condemning rather than take a moment and maybe realize the kids at your own school didn’t do what’s being reported. I don’t know. This stuff… I pull my hair out over all this.

https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2019/01/21/the-truth-about-the-maga-hat-kids-and-the-native-american-vet/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34