Author Topic: What Became of MLK’s Dream?  (Read 407 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

What Became of MLK’s Dream?
« on: January 21, 2019, 07:06:06 pm »
What Became of MLK’s Dream?
American Thinker, Jan 21, 2019, Simon de Hundehutte

<snip>

I have often thought of the day that Barack Obama got nominated by his party to be the day that the Reverend King began spinning in his grave.  I could imagine him shouting from high above, "Didn't you people listen to me?  I said it was 'content of character,' not 'color of skin' that mattered!"

Bill Clinton certainly grasped what was happening back in the spring of 2008.  Bill made his feelings clear when the Democrats went full throttle for Obama that spring, jettisoning their love for Hillary at the time.  Bill made this apt observation:  "They played the race card on us!"

[...]

Barack Obama's nomination and subsequent two terms in office ushered in the worst kind of racism:  acceptable racism.  It's okay now to champion skin-color over character (for one of the major parties, at least).  And it's okay to demand diversity, as long as it's diversity of, most notably, skin color and sexual preference, not diversity of ideas.

True racism has gone unchallenged in almost every area of politics, academia, the culture, and unfortunately, the church.  Christians have become phobaphobic, afraid to challenge the advance from the aggressive left because they will be called all sorts of "phobic" -- homophobic, Islamaphobic, transphobic -- plus some phobics yet to be invented.

Racists are boldly making their accusations, and no one seems to be challenging them.  Not long ago, philosophy professor George Yancy was speaking at Wheaton College, a Christian college in Illinois, and he boldly proclaimed to the students and faculty in the audience that all white people are racist who have all profited from racism.  Did no one tell him that his statement was racist and that he himself is a racist?  Think of it like this: Yancy is a 400-pound obese person telling a guy ten pounds overweight that he needs to go on a diet.

Read more:  https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2019/01/what_became_of_mlks_dream.html

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: What Became of MLK’s Dream?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2019, 01:31:09 am »
From Martin Luther King (I wonder who he was named after) to Barack Hussein Obama.

Dat's progress....