Author Topic: Steve King's campaign complains about NYT's "Mexican billionaire" owner after white supremacy contro  (Read 226 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Steve King's campaign complains about NYT's "Mexican billionaire" owner after white supremacy controversy
By Daniel Moritz-Rabson On 1/17/19 at 10:24 AM

The congressional campaign of Iowa Representative Steve King is seeking to raise funds from the controversy over the lawmaker's recent remarks about white supremacy.

On Wednesday, King's campaign sent an email mentioning the backlash and asking for donations, according to Iowa-based outlet WHO-DT. The email, viewed by Newsweek, touted King's stance on immigration and his alliance with President Donald Trump. It also called for a border wall.

"As you may have noticed, the unhinged Left has teamed up with Republican 'NeverTrumpers' and is pulling out all the stops to destroy me. Since they were unable to defeat my campaign in the 2018 Midterm Elections, the rabid Leftist media is currently blasting the airwaves in a pathetic attempt to paint me as a 'racist,'" the email from King's campaign, titled "reject their labels," said.

Read more at: https://www.newsweek.com/steve-king-campaign-white-supremacy-comments-fundraise-nyt-mexican-1295813
This makes some sense to me. New York Times has Carlos Slim, Mexican billionaire as an owner. I don't think he is a majority owner but has some ownership nonetheless. It must have been the NYT that trapped King in that interview.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien