Author Topic: Lady Gaga Slams Government Shutdown, Mike Pence at Vegas Residency  (Read 1110 times)

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
Erin Nyren
Variety
January 20, 2019

Lady Gaga took a short break from singing “Million Reasons” at her Saturday performance of “Enigma” in Las Vegas to slam the president for the continued government shutdown.

While sitting at the piano for her performance, Gaga broke into a takedown of the government shutdown and Vice President Mike Pence, who has been in the headlines after it was brought to light that his wife recently decided to return to teaching art part-time at the Immanuel Christian School in Springfield, Va., which expressly bars LGBTQ students or employees.

More

Bitch.

Offline dfwgator

Re: Lady Gaga Slams Government Shutdown, Mike Pence at Vegas Residency
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2019, 04:54:34 pm »
Dance, Monkey, Dance!

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2019, 08:21:05 pm »
I really liked her in a "Star is Born"; however, I won't watch anything else that she's in.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2019, 10:35:14 pm »
I tend to cut her a little slack because she has never lived anywhere but NYC,and she actually thinks it is not only a part of America,but a shining star.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2019, 10:41:15 pm »
I really liked her in a "Star is Born"; however, I won't watch anything else that she's in.

Isn't Gaga a Shiksa?  Babs would not approve....

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2019, 10:42:44 pm »
Isn't Gaga a Shiksa?  Babs would not approve....

@The Ghost

I don't know what a Shiska is,but I think Ga Ga is Italian.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2019, 11:16:31 pm »

I was planning to see that movie but she just moved herself into my 'do not watch' list which is growing.

I can't understand why entertainers who depend on the public choose to alienate at least half of their possible audience.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2019, 11:21:27 pm »

You obviously didn't see the original if you like that turd.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2019, 01:59:51 am »
You obviously didn't see the original if you like that turd.

Didn't go to see it because of Gaga.  I went to see it because of Bradley Cooper.  Honestly, both were excellent, but I won't be going to see Gaga again for trashing the shutdown and in particular the VP.  She can kiss my grits!

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2019, 02:08:29 am »
I can't understand why entertainers who depend on the public choose to alienate at least half of their possible audience.
Her core base is the gay and lesbian community, something she's admitted repeatedly. As long as they're buying her product, she's going to cater to their beliefs. She'd rather play it safe and keep that audience rather than trying to overly broaden it and potentially lose the audience she has.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2019, 02:16:26 am »
Her core base is the gay and lesbian community, something she's admitted repeatedly. As long as they're buying her product, she's going to cater to their beliefs. She'd rather play it safe and keep that audience rather than trying to overly broaden it and potentially lose the audience she has.

@jmyrlefuller

She has already started to spread her fan base. Not long ago she was singing in public appearances with Tony Bennett,and appearing as a normal woman.

NOBODY that has lived their entire life in the NYC entertainment biz really understands what average people consider to be normal,though. NYC entertainment society is  an inbred group without any real contact with the outside world.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2019, 04:38:29 am »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2019, 04:54:51 am »
Didn't go to see it because of Gaga.  I went to see it because of Bradley Cooper.  Honestly, both were excellent, but I won't be going to see Gaga again for trashing the shutdown and in particular the VP.  She can kiss my grits!

Yeah. Bradley Cooper. He's so dreamy.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2019, 04:54:18 pm »

Maybe, but that is a very small base.  Large in publicity but small in reality.  Anyway, I always wondered about the mindset of someone who would call herself Lady Gaga.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2019, 08:07:12 pm »
Maybe, but that is a very small base.  Large in publicity but small in reality.  Anyway, I always wondered about the mindset of someone who would call herself Lady Gaga.

For the longest time I thought she was a tranny.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2019, 08:37:52 pm »
Watch the Judy Garland version. It is very good.

Sorry...
« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 08:42:39 pm by jpsb »

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2019, 08:43:00 pm »
Watch the Judy Garland version. It is very good.

Too right @jpsb   Why do they keep remaking good movies with lame copycats, as in Mary Poppins, Star is Born, etc.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2019, 08:48:45 pm »
Too right @jpsb   Why do they keep remaking good movies with lame copycats, as in Mary Poppins, Star is Born, etc.

@Emjay

There aren't many really creative people in Hollywood anymore. Most have fled to Netflix. Hollywood
uses formulas now. And I guess every 30 years or so it's time to remake A Star is Born. Judy
Garland and Babs are truly great vocalists. Gaga is good but she in NOT in their league.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2019, 09:19:52 pm »
For the longest time I thought she was a tranny.

@libertybelle

I think that is the bleached white hair or wig that makes her look mannish.

If you ever see her with her natural brunette hair,she is actually very pretty. She does look like something a dog would back away from with that bleached hair,though. The transformation is amazing to see.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2019, 09:22:17 pm »

@Emjay

Because Hollyweird is in the biz of making money,and the majority of the movie goers are under 25 and will go to see a very good movie starring Ga Ga,but most have no idea who Judy Garland is,and would never buy a ticket to see her in the sale role.

Like all businesses,they cater to their market.