Author Topic: GoFundMe launches ‘Government Shutdown Direct Relief Fund’ for federal workers  (Read 1410 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
GoFundMe launches ‘Government Shutdown Direct Relief Fund’ for federal workers
By Justin Wise - 01/20/19 05:48 PM EST

Crowdfunding website GoFundMe on Saturday launched what it dubbed the "Government Shutdown Direct Relief Fund" to help federal workers impacted the by the ongoing shutdown.

CEO Rob Solomon announced the initiative in a statement, saying that donations would be "distributed to several nonprofit organizations across the country offering direct assistance to government workers."

"These nonprofits are doing important work, providing hot meals, necessary counseling, and housing relief. I encourage everyone to support them," Solomon said, noting that the crowdfunding campaign was launched in partnership with author and speaker Deepak Chopra.

Solomon added that celebrity chef José Andrés' nonprofit would be among the first to receive funds. Andres has fed about 12,000 furloughed federal workers at his temporary kitchen in Washington, D.C.
"Government workers, through no fault of their own, can’t afford to put diapers on their newborns," Solomon said in the release. "Employees of the most powerful nation in the world are being forced to work without pay and line up at diaper or food banks. It makes no sense."

The fund had raised more than $63,691 from over 670 donors as of Sunday evening. Its goal is to raise $75,000.

more
https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/426252-gofundme-launches-government-shutdown-direct-relief-fund-for
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Frank Cannon

Sure. Let me give my donation to these stupid bastards.....

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
#gofundmeintheass. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
There's one born every minute.... **nononono*
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
I can't even. Words fail me.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I can't even. Words fail me.

The 95% (outiside military) government worthless turds always get back paid for this shit after this is over.  Getting paid for being off, and now charity?  95% of that 95% wouldn't know a days hard work if it slapped them in the face.  F Them.

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Let me get this straight.

Being Bloodsucked by these Parasites is the reason I'm too broke to take care of my Own needs, but I'm supposed to dig deeper into the lint down in the bottom of my wallet to come up with a Consolation Prize for them, . . . on Top of the full Back Pay they're going to soak me for AFTER, their Paid Vacation?

I'm sure there are words Obscene enough to tell them how I Really feel, . . . . but those words are certainly also Obscene enough to get me Banned here and my IP blocked for Life by the site owner.

So how about those of you Govt Leeches who are male, at least, go perform a physical impossibility on yourselves?
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Let me get this straight.

Being Bloodsucked by these Parasites is the reason I'm too broke to take care of my Own needs, but I'm supposed to dig deeper into the lint down in the bottom of my wallet to come up with a Consolation Prize for them, . . . on Top of the full Back Pay they're going to soak me for AFTER, their Paid Vacation?

I'm sure there are words Obscene enough to tell them how I Really feel, . . . . but those words are certainly also Obscene enough to get me Banned here and my IP blocked for Life by the site owner.

So how about those of you Govt Leeches who are male, at least, go perform a physical impossibility on yourselves?
While I agree with the spirit of your missive, I would be remiss to not indicate, that in this instance at least, their heads are blocking the most likely orifice for them to perform such acts.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
The 95% (outiside military) government worthless turds always get back paid for this shit after this is over.  Getting paid for being off, and now charity?  95% of that 95% wouldn't know a days hard work if it slapped them in the face.  F Them.
Very true. I realize people have to eat. However, it's not like the private sector doesn't have to deal with layoff and $#!& too. Government jobs are way more stable than private ones generally.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 01:25:42 pm by Idaho_Cowboy »
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline mountaineer

Will GoFundMe take its usual cut of the loot?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

Does GoFund Me get a cut?

Yes. GoFundMe is a for-profit company. It takes 5 percent of donations raised on its platform. There is also a 2.9 percent payment-processing fee collected on each donation, along with 30 cents for every donation. That means if a campaign raised $1,000 through 10 donations of $100 each, GoFundMe would collect about $82.

So, GoFundMe profits from tragedies?

Yes. Its business model is built on the number of donations it processes. In 2016, the company projected revenues of $100 million. The company was valued at $600 million in 2015, according to Forbes.
Full story from AZ Central

Offline Applewood

GoFundMe is mostly a scam.  If you know someone in need and want to help, do so directly.

Offline mountaineer

GoFundMe is mostly a scam.  If you know someone in need and want to help, do so directly.
:amen: