Author Topic: ‘MORE media lies’: Looks like there’s a whole lot MORE to story about Catholic students ‘harassing’  (Read 13349 times)

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Oh Damn.  I'm an Average American. 

Don't kid yourself,

There is nothing average about you.   
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Don't kid yourself,

There is nothing average about you.

I dunno! Seems like a pretty average Democrat troll to me.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I dunno! Seems like a pretty average Democrat troll to me.

Come to think of it Bigs..He did go full retard some time back.  So that might explain it.

Offline Frank Cannon

Hey. Has anyone heard my idea about banning CNN stories here? It's a winner.

Offline Frank Cannon

Offline RoosGirl

That's a stupid idea.  Where else could I watch and read about how Cardi B feels about the gov't shutdown?
https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/17/entertainment/cardi-b-government-shutdown-trnd/index.html

Online corbe

I did not start that rumour Frank, I only started the poll (because @XenaLee told me to)
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Frank Cannon

That's a stupid idea. 

Come on now. That idea was so hot they had to shut the thread down I dropped it on because of the massive groundswell of support.

Offline RoosGirl

Come on now. That idea was so hot they had to shut the thread down I dropped it on because of the massive groundswell of support.

Oh, I thought it was because someone called you a dick.

Offline Frank Cannon

Oh, I thought it was because someone called you a dick.

Impossible. You know very well that you can't call another member here a term like that. Harsh repercussions could occur. Those are the set in stone rules.

Online Wingnut

Reading this thread made me realize that PBS and Mr Rodgers did not adequately prepare me for dealing with the people in my internet neighborhood.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 04:20:38 am by The Ghost »

Offline Frank Cannon

Reading this thread made me realize that PBS and Mr Rodgers did not adequately prepare me for dealing with the people in my internet neighborhood.

Yeah. Fred was an AOL guy.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Impossible. You know very well that you can't call another member here a term like that. Harsh repercussions could occur. Those are the set in stone rules.

The use of the term was in regard to your great detective work flushing down CNN like that.

Way to go dick.

oh...wait...

You are THEE Ambassador.

WAY TO GO Head dick!
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online mountaineer

Byron York   Verified account @ByronYork
There's something funky about the Twitter account that helped start the Covington Catholic firestorm. From @CNNBusiness: http://ow.ly/ToFm30np6Aj
7:11 AM - 22 Jan 2019

Twitter suspends account that helped ignite controversy over viral encounter
By Donie O'Sullivan, CNN Business
Updated 3:31 AM ET, Tue January 22, 2019
New York (CNN Business)Twitter suspended an account on Monday afternoon that helped spread a controversial encounter between a Native American elder and a group of high school students wearing Make America Great Again hats.

The account claimed to belong to a California schoolteacher. Its profile photo was not of a schoolteacher, but of a blogger based in Brazil, CNN Business found. Twitter suspended the account soon after CNN Business asked about it.

The account, with the username @2020fight, was set up in December 2016 and appeared to be the tweets of a woman named Talia living in California. "Teacher & Advocate. Fighting for 2020," its Twitter bio read. Since the beginning of this year, the account had tweeted on average 130 times a day and had more than 40,000 followers.

Late on Friday, the account posted a minute-long video showing the now-iconic confrontation between a Native American elder and the high school students, with the caption, "This MAGA loser gleefully bothering a Native American protester at the Indigenous Peoples March."  ...

Rob McDonagh, an assistant editor at Storyful, a service that vets content online, was monitoring Twitter activity on Saturday morning and said the @2020fight video was the main version of the incident being shared on social media.
In one indicator of the @2020fight's video's virality, multiple newsrooms, including some national American outlets, reached out to the user asking them directly about the video.
McDonagh said he found the account suspicious due to its "high follower count, highly polarized and yet inconsistent political messaging, the unusually high rate of tweets, and the use of someone else's image in the profile photo." ...
Read the whole thing at CNN (sorry Frank)

Russian bots, no doubt.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
And yet... now they're digging in and going for the kill.

You know those sporting events where you wear all one color to support the home team? Well... now that is apparently blackface!

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/ny-sports-covington-nathan-phillips-nick-sandmann-20190121-story.html
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online mountaineer

You know those sporting events where you wear all one color to support the home team? Well... now that is apparently blackface!
The photo NYDN claims is from 2015 really was from 2012, and that's all it was: everyone dressing all black for school spirit. Some kids took "all black" to include their bodies - just like Penn State's "white outs." Let's wait for them to go after these budding white supremacists next (just kidding, PSU is sufficiently "woke").

Note the kids with faces painted white. Source of photo
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline goodwithagun

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/ny-sports-covington-nathan-phillips-nick-sandmann-20190121-story.html

It actually gets worse. You know the international three point sign for basketball? Some SJW blue check posted a pic of Cov Catholic boys basketball team throwing that sign up. He’s calling it the white power sign. https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2019/01/21/whoa-check-out-these-covington-catholic-basketball-players-shooting-the-white-power-sign-for-no-reason/
I stand with Roosgirl.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer

Keep the fire burning Mr. Redfaced LIAR

“I read it,” Phillips told The Daily News of Sandmann’s statement sent to CNN by a public relations firm. “I didn’t agree with it… They looked like a lynch mob.”

uh huh

Two cowboys come upon an Indian lying on his stomach with his ear to the ground. One of the cowboys stops and says to the other, "You see that Indian?" "Yeah," says the other cowboy.  "Look," says the first one, "he's listening to the ground. He can hear things for miles in any direction."  Just then the Indian looks up. "Covered wagon," he says, "about two miles away. Have two horses, one brown, one white. Man, woman, child, household effects in wagon." "Incredible!" says the cowboy to his friend. "This Indian knows how far away they are, how many horses, what colour they are, who is in the wagon, and what is in the wagon. Amazing!"  The Indian looks up and says, "Ran over me about a half hour ago."
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee

It's clearly not Covington. There is a wider angle shot showing the team and they are wearing black uniforms. Covington's colors are blue and white.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
You wouldn't think it could get any uglier, but looks like it has.

Online Wingnut

Keep the fire burning Mr. Redfaced LIAR

uh huh

Two cowboys come upon an Indian lying on his stomach with his ear to the ground. One of the cowboys stops and says to the other, "You see that Indian?" "Yeah," says the other cowboy.  "Look," says the first one, "he's listening to the ground. He can hear things for miles in any direction."  Just then the Indian looks up. "Covered wagon," he says, "about two miles away. Have two horses, one brown, one white. Man, woman, child, household effects in wagon." "Incredible!" says the cowboy to his friend. "This Indian knows how far away they are, how many horses, what colour they are, who is in the wagon, and what is in the wagon. Amazing!"  The Indian looks up and says, "Ran over me about a half hour ago."

Chased by Injuns, the Lone Ranger and Tonto are galloping along when suddenly, trusty scout Tonto stops, jumps down off his horse, puts his ear to the ground and listens. After a bit, he sits up and says 'BUFFALO COME!'

'How can you tell?' replies the Lone Ranger.

Tonto says, 'Ear Sticky!'

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
You wouldn't think it could get any uglier, but looks like it has.

This story is a complimentary piece of another story....the one about Pence's wife's involvement in a Christian Academy.  They have to play this one to the hilt, no matter how weak, in order to paint her as some kind of freak.   Everything is political with this bunch.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Chased by Injuns, the Lone Ranger and Tonto are galloping along when suddenly, trusty scout Tonto stops, jumps down off his horse, puts his ear to the ground and listens. After a bit, he sits up and says 'BUFFALO COME!'

'How can you tell?' replies the Lone Ranger.

Tonto says, 'Ear Sticky!'

It wouldn't be a Ghost anecdote if I didn't come away feeling icky. 

:mauslaff:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline aligncare

Last two weeks were the worst two weeks for fake news.

First it was “FBI launched investigation” into Donald Trump. Fake. It was one corrupt individual and he was fired: Andrew McCabe.

Next, it was “Cohen ready to squeal; Mueller’s got supporting emails, notes and documents.” Lie. In a rare move, Mueller makes a public denial.

And now it’s Covington. Disgusting and fake.

All fake.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 03:26:33 pm by aligncare »

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
CNN and MSNBC have no right to call themselves news agencies any longer. Speculation, lies and facts.
Principles matter. Words matter.