Author Topic: The Tables Turn on Pelosi and the Media - Clarice Feldman  (Read 563 times)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
The Tables Turn on Pelosi and the Media - Clarice Feldman
« on: January 20, 2019, 12:50:58 pm »
The Tables Turn on Pelosi and the Media
By Clarice Feldman

Saturday was National Popcorn Day, but I’ve been nibbling on popcorn all week as Nancy Pelosi learned a lesson about presidential power and the media was gut checked by the special prosecutor. I haven’t had this much fun since election night 2016.

While she might have thought otherwise, the power of the Commander-in-Chief is far greater than that of the Speaker of the House, and the humiliating way this was brought home to the Congressional equivalent of Maerose Prizzi (h/t Michael Walsh) was something. She anticipated that she and her posse of cronies and their families (reports of a ninety-some entourage in all) would hop a military plane for a free trip to Brussels, Afghanistan, and Egypt, doubtless with fawning media coverage, leaving the president to sit alone in the White House hoping fruitlessly they’d toddle in there to negotiate an end to the shutdown. Reports vary as to whether she was on the tarmac or on her way there when the President cancelled the flight as incompatible during a shutdown when federal workers were not being paid and illegal aliens were continuing to invade.

The president twisted the knife, suggesting she was free to fly commercial, which served as a reminder of the enormous tab she ran up on such flights the last time she was speaker. She thought she had the upper hand in this. She learned she certainly didn’t, and was last seen at Reagan Airport, with one aide and a single security agent, heading out of town to somewhere on a commercial flight. The President cancelled his own trip to Davos and required other similar travel on military airplanes be made only at the approval of the Secretary of Defense until there is a budget he can sign that provides for a secure border barrier.

This may well have been a tit for tat response to Pelosi’s claim that the President should postpone his State of the Union address because the House chambers in which such things normally occur could not provide adequate security, something the Secret Service decried as untrue. Nevertheless, nothing could have better revealed the speaker’s callous disregard for the unpaid government workers who vote overwhelmingly Democrat or for the others whose lives have been disrupted by the shutdown and the inadequate security at our southern border. Or the superior power of the Commander-in-Chief.

more at:  http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2019/01/the_tables_turn_on_pelosi_and_the_media.html

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: The Tables Turn on Pelosi and the Media - Clarice Feldman
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2019, 01:00:28 pm »
@DCPatriot

She anticipated that she and her posse of cronies and their families (reports of a ninety-some entourage in all) would hop a military plane for a free trip to Brussels, Afghanistan, and Egypt,.....

WRONG!

There were TWO military passenger jets waiting at the airfield to pick them up. One was STRICTLY for Nancy and her family,and the other was for the peons who don't mind being packed in like sardines as long as they can fly for free and not worry about paying customs taxes when they bring their booty back home with them.

Just imagine how steamed at Nancy all the serfs were after they had gone to the trouble of arranging their schedules for the free time to tour Europe and the Muddle East like Royalty,and for FREE to boot,and then be left sitting in idling busses at the airport until told to go home.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2019, 01:09:58 pm »
Who does she think she is? Michelle Obama? :silly:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2019, 01:39:35 pm »
Who does she think she is? Michelle Obama? :silly:

@Smokin Joe

I dunno,but I would pay good money to see and  hear someone ask that of Bathhouse Barry's drag queen.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline aligncare

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2019, 01:44:35 pm »
This is bullshit! (No, not Clarice Feldman’s article – her takeaways are rarely wrong)

I’m talking about this entourage BS. Why do we tolerate it? We’ve all at some point complained about public servants – elected government leaders – penchant for padding their expense accounts. Quite a few have sat in jail for it.

But in the computer age you can’t tell me their vanity couldn’t be conducted more efficiently, effectively, earth-friendlier and easier on taxpayers by just using emails, video conferencing, envoys? Stamp an envelope and drop it in the post for God’s sake. Next they’ll expect us to wash their feet. I am boiling over about Our Dear Leaders extravagant lifestyle.