Author Topic: Pelosi: Trump proposals to reopen government a ‘non-starter’  (Read 501 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Pelosi: Trump proposals to reopen government a ‘non-starter’
By Tal Axelrod - 01/19/19 03:44 PM EST

Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) on Saturday called reports of a deal to be proposed by President Trump to end a record-long partial government shutdown a “non-starter.”

“Democrats were hopeful that the President was finally willing to re-open government and proceed with a much-need discussion to protect the border. Unfortunately, initial reports make clear that his proposal is a compilation of several previously rejected initiatives, each of which is unacceptable and in total, do not represent a good faith effort to restore certainty to people’s lives,” she said in a statement.

“It is unlikely that any one of these provisions alone would pass the House, and taken together, they are a non-starter.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/426172-pelosi-trump-proposals-to-reopen-government-a-non-starter
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Well he gave them everything they wanted and have even approved in past votes...so my opinion is he did this on purpose knowing they will turn it down and then issue emergency declaration and close the border....at least I hope so cause this plan sucks.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 10:47:50 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Well he gave them everything they wanted and have even approved in past votes...so my opinion is he did this on purpose knowing they will turn it down and then issue emergency declaration and close the border....at least I hope so cause this plan sucks.

You could be right.  I hope he does.  Because caravans are coming one after another.  I think it is quite possible that Democrats are holding out for a number of caravans already planned or on the way.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 11:00:38 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline libertybele

You are absolutely 100% correct.   This plan SUCKS bigly!!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline the_doc

That's almost exactly what I said on another thread.  I suspect that Trump floated the proposal in private to make sure the Dems are still insanely stubborn. I hope he did, and I hope the Dems stay insanely stubborn.  We may have to sweat it out a bit over the next few days, of course.  In any case, we should still reach the magic (?) Day 30 of the shutdown.

Offline libertybele

That's almost exactly what I said on another thread.  I suspect that Trump floated the proposal in private to make sure the Dems are still insanely stubborn. I hope he did, and I hope the Dems stay insanely stubborn.  We may have to sweat it out a bit over the next few days, of course.  In any case, we should still reach the magic (?) Day 30 of the shutdown.

Except, didn't the courts rule anyways on extending DACA the last time Trump tried to make this deal??? 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Here's an idea.  Eliminate the executive branch of government and let the stinking judges run the country, they think they have the right to impede the president with every decision.  That nonsense has to come to an end real quick, before our enemies realize the president is completely compromised to run this country during a time of crisis.

In essence, our system has made this country more vulnerable than ever before.  At no time would the courts dare to do what they are doing now.  Anyone that thinks the Dems haven't gone communist just are not using their gray matter.