Author Topic: Senate to take up Trump's border-immigration plan next week  (Read 7983 times)

Online corbe

Re: Senate to take up Trump's border-immigration plan next week
« Reply #75 on: January 20, 2019, 10:36:00 pm »
   You two have obviously not tasted my favorite flavor of her candy, she calls it:

Big Head Todd & The Monsters - "Bittersweet"

Love ya Girl
« Last Edit: January 20, 2019, 10:37:02 pm by corbe »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online libertybele

« Reply #76 on: January 20, 2019, 10:47:27 pm »
Exactly.  Reminds me of...............can't help myself..............Chitty Chitty bang bang!

You knew this was coming right??  For your entertainment pleasure:  (Oh, go ahead, turn up your speakers)   :rolling:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbQi5NZ2tXk
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #77 on: January 20, 2019, 10:54:33 pm »
The way I see it,  the freedom caucus are about the only ones in Washington who have the president's back.

Exactly.  The Freedom Caucus and the President work very well together.

@libertybele @musiclady

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #78 on: January 20, 2019, 10:57:18 pm »
You knew this was coming right??  For your entertainment pleasure:  (Oh, go ahead, turn up your speakers)   :rolling:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbQi5NZ2tXk

:thumbsup:  Awesome!
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #79 on: January 20, 2019, 10:57:45 pm »
Exactly.  Reminds me of...............can't help myself..............Chitty Chitty bang bang!

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #80 on: January 20, 2019, 11:03:02 pm »

Now if you could just insert Nancy Pelosi's face into that.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #81 on: January 20, 2019, 11:14:31 pm »
Now if you could just insert Nancy Pelosi's face into that.

That is Nancy's face.

(In the movie, do you remember the Toy Maker?  He was played by Benny Hill.)
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #82 on: January 20, 2019, 11:47:45 pm »
That is Nancy's face.

(In the movie, do you remember the Toy Maker?  He was played by Benny Hill.)

@Hoodat

She must have been wearing a lot of makeup because she was much prettier than she usually is.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #83 on: January 20, 2019, 11:54:55 pm »
Another point I was trying to make.  These kids were brought over (stragetically) by Bammy as teens ... knowing that the majority of them would soon reach voting age.  Keep in mind that they aren't classified as illegal, but misplaced.  So ... not quite sure how many have truly been counted for.  Any way they equal votes.  Those coming across on the caravan once granted asylum they can apply for citizenship = DEM votes.  IF the GOP voting base doesn't realize that soon by the sheer numbers of those coming across and gaining voting privileges, that they will soon outnumber the GOP so significantly that they won't be seated as it will be mathematically impossible, then they aren't paying attention or don't have a clue.

There is no talking to you.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online libertybele

« Reply #84 on: January 20, 2019, 11:58:40 pm »
There is no talking to you.

You are correct, I don't care to converse with you anymore as you refuse to acknowledge what WILL happen as a result of granting amnesty in any way shape or form.

Moving on.  Peace.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #85 on: January 21, 2019, 12:18:49 am »
You are correct, I don't care to converse with you anymore as you refuse to acknowledge what WILL happen as a result of granting amnesty in any way shape or form.

Moving on.  Peace.

If you tell her that Trump is against amnesty, then she will be against amnesty.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #86 on: January 21, 2019, 03:36:26 am »
If you tell her that Trump is against amnesty, then she will be against amnesty.

You are beyond stupid.

Online libertybele

« Reply #87 on: January 21, 2019, 04:06:35 am »
You are beyond stupid.

Really @Emjay.  That's pretty low and childish to call a fellow briefer names.  Take a break.  Go outside and get a breath of fresh air. Inhale and relax.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #88 on: January 21, 2019, 01:27:32 pm »
Whatever stance people here might take regarding the wisdom of DACA legislation, if I know my fellow Americans, the bulk will support some form of legalization for those kids brought here as infants, toddlers and school-agers.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #89 on: January 21, 2019, 02:58:23 pm »
Whatever stance people here might take regarding the wisdom of DACA legislation, if I know my fellow Americans, the bulk will support some form of legalization for those kids brought here as infants, toddlers and school-agers.

Some will and some won't!  Put me in the latter category.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #90 on: January 21, 2019, 03:36:08 pm »

I have compassion for America and its border.  These kids have received everything they need to go back to their home countries including help with their higher education.  They could go back and get jobs and make a life there.  Even use those educations to run for office and make a difference.

I am not lawfully present. Am I eligible for any public assistance?
You may be eligible for limited programs IF you meet other requirements, such as being low-income.  These programs include:

•emergency Medicaid

•medical coverage for pregnant women

•medical coverage for children - see Apple Health for Kids Program

•medical coverage for dialysis or cancer treatment

•immunizations, testing for and treatment of communicable diseases

•disaster relief

•school lunch, child nutrition programs, foster care and adoption assistance

•higher education loans

•Head Start and other education programs

•Job Training Partnership Act

•community programs necessary to protect life or safety such as domestic violence shelters

•A once-a-year emergency cash grant for families – see Consolidated Emergency Assistance Program (CEAP): Extra Money for Needy Families)

I am not eligible. Can I still apply for assistance for my family members?
Yes. Your family members may be eligible for assistance even if you are not. All low-income children in Washington state are eligible for free or reduced fee medical coverage, regardless of immigration status.   

If I apply for assistance for myself, will I be reported to immigration authorities?
There is very little risk of this. There are a number of laws and policies in place that protect the privacy of the information you provide when you apply for benefits.

If you apply for medical assistance, the info you provide can only be used to determine your eligibility for assistance.  It CANNOT be used for immigration enforcement.

https://www.washingtonlawhelp.org/resource/washington-public-assistance-for-undocumented#b

We have already given them everything they needed to be raised by the nanny state to become successful.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 03:40:10 pm by Chosen Daughter »

Online Hoodat

« Reply #91 on: January 21, 2019, 06:35:16 pm »

Me too.

It is kind of funny though to see Trump sycophants who viciously maligned a Conservative presidential candidate by falsely accusing him of supporting amnesty, yet who now are on board with supporting amnesty themselves.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

« Reply #92 on: January 21, 2019, 06:38:23 pm »
You are beyond stupid.

I'm not the one here exhibiting the sudden pro-amnesty conversion.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online libertybele

« Reply #93 on: January 21, 2019, 10:54:17 pm »
Me too.

It is kind of funny though to see Trump sycophants who viciously maligned a Conservative presidential candidate by falsely accusing him of supporting amnesty, yet who now are on board with supporting amnesty themselves.

888high58888  :patriot:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #94 on: January 21, 2019, 11:26:59 pm »

You can have your insults, you can have your hate, you can have your tantrum, but you cannot have your own facts @Hoodat

The President has not proposed, endorsed or suggested amnesty in any shape, manner or form.  Anyone with two working brain cells knows this.

This goes for you too, @libertybele

« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 11:27:55 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #95 on: January 22, 2019, 12:07:36 am »
The President has not proposed, endorsed or suggested amnesty in any shape, manner or form.  Anyone with two working brain cells knows this.

Yes, he has, and this tweet demonstrates it.

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

No, Amnesty is not a part of my offer. It is a 3 year extension of DACA. Amnesty will be used only on a much bigger deal, whether on immigration or something else. Likewise there will be no big push to remove the 11,000,000 plus people who are here illegally-but be careful Nancy!

7:23 AM · Jan 20, 2019 · Twitter for iPhone

First of all, he’s offering extension of protection for three years. The only way that’s part of any deal or could be considered a concession is if he intended on deporting them in the first place. If he doesn’t mean it, Dems would be dumb to accept something they’d get anyway, as a concession. If he really means to deport them, offering protection while a permanent deal is worked out is temporary amnesty. He’s admitting offers of permanent amnesty will come in the larger immigration negotiations. He says it plain as day in the third sentence. Likewise, he states no large action would be taken to remove 11M people here illegally. That’s giving them a pass, aka, amnesty.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 12:17:30 am by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #96 on: January 22, 2019, 12:11:53 am »

Ye, he has, and this tweet demonstrates it.

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

No, Amnesty is not a part of my offer. It is a 3 year extension of DACA. Amnesty will be used only on a much bigger deal, whether on immigration or something else. Likewise there will be no big push to remove the 11,000,000 plus people who are here illegally-but be careful Nancy!

7:23 AM · Jan 20, 2019 · Twitter for iPhone

First of all, he’s offering extension of protection for three years. The only way that’s part of any deal or could be considered a concession is if he intended on deporting them in the first place. If he doesn’t mean it, Dems would be dumb to accept something they’d get anyway, as a concession. If he really means to deport them, offering protection while a permanent deal is worked out is temporary amnesty. He’s admitting offers of permanent amnesty will come in the larger immigration negotiations. He says it plain as day in the third sentence. Likewise, he states no large action would be taken to remove 11M people here illegally. That’s giving them a pass, aka, amnesty.

None of that matters.  What Trump actually says doesn't matter.

We are being instructed to belief what people whose faith is in Trump think he thinks, even though he says the exact opposite.

Get it??  *****rollingeyes*****
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #97 on: January 22, 2019, 01:15:00 am »
Really @Emjay.  That's pretty low and childish to call a fellow briefer names.  Take a break.  Go outside and get a breath of fresh air. Inhale and relax.

Really @libertybele   that guy just said something very offensive to me about my feelings about Trump and I would reiterate that the remark was way beyond stupid.

I don't appreciate the phony advice from someone who desperately needs to relax, go outside, get a breath of fresh air and stop bitching about Trump being unable to do the impossible.

Online libertybele

« Reply #98 on: January 22, 2019, 01:50:17 am »
You can have your insults, you can have your hate, you can have your tantrum, but you cannot have your own facts @Hoodat

This goes for you too, @libertybele

@RIV, what would you consider extending 'protections' to DACA/Dreamers as??  2 options they either stay or go.  If they stay ... do you think that the DEMS, liberal leftists, are going to just keep them in limbo??  Or do you think that just maybe they'll be given amnesty thus, increasing their voting base.

DJT has offered to extend their stay .... again...  anyone with half a brain cell sees the writing on the wall and the open door to amnesty.  Get your head out of the sand.

Secondly, he stated that he was saving "AMNESTY" for a much bigger deal....what part of the word "AMNESTY" don't you comprehend???  Again, get your head out of the sand.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #99 on: January 22, 2019, 02:01:44 am »
DJT has offered to extend their stay .... again...  anyone with half a brain cell sees the writing on the wall and the open door to amnesty.  Get your head out of the sand.

Imagine the reaction at one of his rallies if instead of saying “we’re going to build a wall and Mexico is going to pay for it,” he said, “we’re going to protect DACA kids and you’re going to pay for it.”
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.