Author Topic: Senate to take up Trump's border-immigration plan next week  (Read 7987 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Re: Senate to take up Trump's border-immigration plan next week
« Reply #50 on: January 20, 2019, 02:24:51 pm »

https://twitter.com/ChadPergram/status/1086989963030351874

Chad Pergram @ChadPergram

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) indicated to Republican senators yesterday he would try to move to start debate on the bill to fund thr gov’t Tuesday. The motion to proceed only needs a simple majority. But cutting off debate will need 60 yeas
6:12 AM - 20 Jan 2019

If Democrats don’t cooperate to end debate on motion to proceed to bill to re-open gov’t, McConnell will need to file cloture Tuesday to cut off debate on the motion to proceed which would not ripen for a vote until Thursday.
6:12 AM - 20 Jan 2019
« Last Edit: January 20, 2019, 02:27:47 pm by Once-Ler »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #51 on: January 20, 2019, 02:31:50 pm »
I realize that as of right now there is no offer to permanently let the DACA Dreamers, stay.  That IS what the DEMS want.

You said it in a nutshell; "onto the expectation those here, for years, through DACA will be deported or permanently denied citizenship is unhealthy.  Neither the judiciary nor the court of public opinion will allow this." ....

Unhealthy?  So ... we give up and let the leftists have their way?  If that's the case ...why fight to build the wall??  Heck ... why hold up the caravans?  So what you're indicating is this is nothing more than a horse and pony show by Trump and the GOP and they are just trying to save face because of public opinion and the judiciary? IN other words; give up on the sovereignty of this country.  No and hell no!! 

I called it "unhealthy" @libertybele because I mean it .... clinging to this demand is not good for your health.  Current DACA "protectees" is not where the battle for US sovereignty is being fought.  Current DACA recipients is a battle we have lost.  We are not going to drag them by the scruff of their necks back across the border.  The best we can hope for is to withhold citizenship until the law is fixed in Congress, and the President is doing this.

The only other option is to exhaust ourselves, alienate voters, and take the focus off actual border security and the obstructionism of the demonrats because you're preferring punitive over smart and meaningful policy.  Join the cause where the battle is actually being fought.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #52 on: January 20, 2019, 02:32:28 pm »

https://twitter.com/ChadPergram/status/1086989472326127617

Fox is told that Senate the Senate GOPers have been scrambling over the weekend to put together the bill the President proposed yesterday.

Fox is told the text should be available tomorrow.
6:11 AM - 20 Jan 2019

https://twitter.com/ChadPergram/status/1086989316084121600

On Fox, Pence says plan to help DREAMers/DACA “is not amnesty.” Says there is no pathway to citizenship
6:10 AM - 20 Jan 2019

Offline aligncare

« Reply #53 on: January 20, 2019, 02:36:12 pm »
A majority of voters, many Republican – Rockefeller wing to Goldwater-ites – will not embrace the deportation of the innocent children of illegals who, through no fault of their own, were raised in America. I refuse to believe we would punish the blameless. It’s not within our character.

DACA, in some form, is here to stay.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #54 on: January 20, 2019, 02:55:07 pm »
A majority of voters, many Republican – Rockefeller wing to Goldwater-ites – will not embrace the deportation of the innocent children of illegals who, through no fault of their own, were raised in America. I refuse to believe we would punish the blameless. It’s not within our character.

@aligncare

We iz da wurld........

We iz da peep-pulls.......

It might not be their fault they were brought here,but how is it OUR fault and why do WE have to pay them?
« Last Edit: January 20, 2019, 02:55:47 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline aligncare

« Reply #55 on: January 20, 2019, 03:06:16 pm »
@aligncare

We iz da wurld........

We iz da peep-pulls.......

It might not be their fault they were brought here,but how is it OUR fault and why do WE have to pay them?

I was brought here by immigrants at age 5 and have been paying taxes forty-five years.  Okay, in my case I was brought here legally. But, I don’t see why it should be any different for a DACA dependent. Do you?

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #56 on: January 20, 2019, 03:45:03 pm »
I was brought here by immigrants at age 5 and have been paying taxes forty-five years.  Okay, in my case I was brought here legally. But, I don’t see why it should be any different for a DACA dependent. Do you?

Yes. If we're going to make the argument anchor babies aren't truly citizens and are ineligible for the benefits citizenship brings, we shouldn't allow it to be offered to children who were actually born on foreign soil.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online libertybele

« Reply #57 on: January 20, 2019, 05:23:57 pm »
I called it "unhealthy" @libertybele because I mean it .... clinging to this demand is not good for your health.  Current DACA "protectees" is not where the battle for US sovereignty is being fought.  Current DACA recipients is a battle we have lost.  We are not going to drag them by the scruff of their necks back across the border.  The best we can hope for is to withhold citizenship until the law is fixed in Congress, and the President is doing this.

The only other option is to exhaust ourselves, alienate voters, and take the focus off actual border security and the obstructionism of the demonrats because you're preferring punitive over smart and meaningful policy.  Join the cause where the battle is actually being fought.

Yes I do understand where you're coming from.  Amnesty and citizenship are two different things.  However, how long do you think it will be before the DEMS and the RINO's grant them citizenship?  Those here by chain migration will be next.  Those here by asylum have only a few years to wait before they can apply for citizenship.

At that point IMHO amnesty and citizenship become synonymous.  Bottom line is the DEMS gain an overwhelming number of voters.

No, I do not blame Trump for the actions of RINO's and liberal leftists. I do find fault that he didn't utilize those in the Freedom Caucus who put their necks out and were ignored by him. I do find fault that he didn't fight this battle sooner; certainly sooner than just days before the new Congress was sworn in.

I will never agree to handing our country over to a bunch of people who did not come here legally.  Yes they include those who want a better life, but they also include; terrorists, rapists, murderers and gangs and yes, those who want to implement Sharia law and those aforementioned are definitely not willing to assimilate to America.

I stand firmly in my belief.  No compromise is worth the sovereignty of this country.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2019, 05:28:29 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #58 on: January 20, 2019, 05:26:49 pm »
Yes I do understand where you're coming from.  Amnesty and citizenship are two different things.  However, how long do you think it will be before the DEMS and the RINO's grant them citizenship?  Those here by chain migration will be next.  Those here by asylum have only a few years to wait before they can apply for citizenship.

At that point IMHO amnesty and citizenship become synonymous.  Bottom line is the DEMS gain an overwhelming number of voters.

No, I do not blame Trump for the actions of RINO's and liberal leftists. I do find fault that he didn't utilize those in the Freedom Caucus who put their necks out and were ignored by him. I do find fault that he didn't fight this battle sooner; certainly sooner than just days before the new Congress was sworn in.

The Freedom Caucus found out very soon that it didn't belong in the Trump Republican Party.

No Conservatives welcome......
« Last Edit: January 20, 2019, 05:41:25 pm by musiclady »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online libertybele

« Reply #59 on: January 20, 2019, 06:06:33 pm »
The Freedom Caucus found out very soon that it didn't belong in the Trump Republican Party.

:patriot:  Exactly.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #60 on: January 20, 2019, 06:38:19 pm »

But, I don’t see why it should be any different for a DACA dependent. Do you?

@aligncare

Yes. YOU were brought here legally,and America had the option of welcoming your family as an asset,or rejecting them as a drag on our economy and legal system.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #61 on: January 20, 2019, 06:53:31 pm »

I wonder what the average age is of the DACA kids.  In three years a lot of them may be adults and could apply for legal citizenship assuming they've behaved and their parents have behaved.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #62 on: January 20, 2019, 06:55:11 pm »

The Freedom Caucus should take another look and start supporting Trump.  He may not be their cup of cocoa but he's the most conservative President we've had in years about the things that matter.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online libertybele

« Reply #63 on: January 20, 2019, 07:05:26 pm »
The Freedom Caucus should take another look and start supporting Trump.  He may not be their cup of cocoa but he's the most conservative President we've had in years about the things that matter.

It works the opposite way. He needs the Freedom Caucus votes, especially now, since the GOP majority was lost.  Had he listened to them, I am confident that we would have seen a repeal of Bammycare.  Instead, by not siding with them, he indicated he was willing to lean left.  Big mistake.

Online libertybele

« Reply #64 on: January 20, 2019, 07:11:53 pm »
I wonder what the average age is of the DACA kids.  In three years a lot of them may be adults and could apply for legal citizenship assuming they've behaved and their parents have behaved.

Another point I was trying to make.  These kids were brought over (stragetically) by Bammy as teens ... knowing that the majority of them would soon reach voting age.  Keep in mind that they aren't classified as illegal, but misplaced.  So ... not quite sure how many have truly been counted for.  Any way they equal votes.  Those coming across on the caravan once granted asylum they can apply for citizenship = DEM votes.  IF the GOP voting base doesn't realize that soon by the sheer numbers of those coming across and gaining voting privileges, that they will soon outnumber the GOP so significantly that they won't be seated as it will be mathematically impossible, then they aren't paying attention or don't have a clue.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #65 on: January 20, 2019, 07:18:18 pm »
@aligncare

Yes. YOU were brought here legally,and America had the option of welcoming your family as an asset,or rejecting them as a drag on our economy and legal system.

If there are young adults, and their whole world was here in America, where is the justice in uprooting them? We expect justice to be swift, at least in principle.

Anyway, aside from my personal view, I gotta believe most people see DACA as an acceptable bargaining chip for a wall and greater security going forward.

Online libertybele

« Reply #66 on: January 20, 2019, 07:46:26 pm »
If there are young adults, and their whole world was here in America, where is the justice in uprooting them? We expect justice to be swift, at least in principle.

Anyway, aside from my personal view, I gotta believe most people see DACA as an acceptable bargaining chip for a wall and greater security going forward.

Justice in principle.  Where is the justice in a political party uprooting kids and dropping them off here knowing full well that in a couple of years they will be of voting age and a continuous repetition of that situation will enable them to outnumber the other political party significantly by votes.

Make no mistake that the DEMS didn't bring them here for humanitarian reasons, nor to give them a better life.  They brought them here to increase their votes, because they couldn't win any other way.

This is a tough decision.  Do we lose the sovereignty of our country for a select group of people who shouldn't be here in the first place or do we save our sovereignty for the citizens of this country who are here legally, which far out number them (at the moment)?

IF each DACA recipient would be asked to sign a waiver that in order to stay here they would surrender (forever) ALL voting privileges in the future, no birthright citizenship for their children, nor any use of chain migration, I wouldn't have such a problem with them staying. IF each DACA recipient would be asked to sign an agreement to assimilate to American culture, I wouldn't have such a problem with them staying.  IF each DACA recipient would sign an agreement stipulating that if they broke the law they would automatically agree to be deported, I wouldn't have such a problem with them staying. You and I both know that the DEMS would never let  any of those agreements fly and even if such agreements were signed, they would find a way to rescind them.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #67 on: January 20, 2019, 07:54:42 pm »

The way I see it,  the freedom caucus are about the only ones in Washington who have the president's back.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #68 on: January 20, 2019, 08:19:10 pm »
The way I see it,  the freedom caucus are about the only ones in Washington who have the president's back.
Exactly.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #69 on: January 20, 2019, 08:22:10 pm »
If there are young adults, and their whole world was here in America, where is the justice in uprooting them? 

@aligncare

It's not obvious? They should have never been here to start with,or should have been deported long ago. Deporting them now is only DELAYED justice.

Let them go back home and apply to be allowed back in the US.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #70 on: January 20, 2019, 09:46:17 pm »
@Chosen Daughter   Please try to get over yourself.  No one could have fought harder for the wall and border safety than Trump.

Unless the people who voted for Trump expected him to be an absolute ruler, they should have realized he would have to deal with a Republican base that had gotten into a safe little rut and a democrat party that was drifting into insanity.

Now is not the time to carp at Trump.  I hope you and the other people who are doing so will come to grips with that.

I wish you would get over yourself and your superiority complex.  Just because you fall at his feet for every word doesn't mean that others can't be critical thinkers.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #71 on: January 20, 2019, 09:49:31 pm »
@aligncare

It's not obvious? They should have never been here to start with,or should have been deported long ago. Deporting them now is only DELAYED justice.

Agree Sneaky Pete.  If that really was an argument why would we want anyone to leave the only country they know to come here?  Reverse the theory.  All of those illegal immigrants are forcing their own children to leave the only country they know to come here.  Many of them settle with family members who have settle in neighborhoods with gang violence.  They then become the next MS=13 recruit in LA or New York.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #72 on: January 20, 2019, 09:52:28 pm »
@aligncare

Wow, a rare agreement...
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online libertybele

« Reply #73 on: January 20, 2019, 10:09:25 pm »
I wish you would get over yourself and your superiority complex.  Just because you fall at his feet for every word doesn't mean that others can't be critical thinkers.

888high58888   :amen:  Sort of like someone opening a car door and inviting children inside for candy and without thinking the children go right on in; not knowing really what's going to happen, only knowing what they've been told an promised.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #74 on: January 20, 2019, 10:13:56 pm »
888high58888   :amen:  Sort of like someone opening a car door and inviting children inside for candy and without thinking the children go right on in; not knowing really what's going to happen, only knowing what they've been told an promised.

Exactly.  Reminds me of...............can't help myself..............Chitty Chitty bang bang!