Author Topic: President Trump's Rumored Potential Border Wall Deal Sounds Like Disastrous 1986 Immigration Comprom  (Read 18309 times)

Offline DB

Regarding the government shut down, Trump can up the ante by starting to lay off government workers permanently until the Democrats concede just like any business would do when short of funds. Then they'll actually be paying a price for this.

Offline Hoodat

Well, I could urge Trump to offer something that would please you, but that would certainly be rejected since even his reasonable compromise is being rejected.

Well, you could urge Trump to

1.  Stop releasing asylum seekers into American society
2.  Start prosecuting deportees who recross the border
3.  Stop giving free stuff to illegals
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Really?  Christ spoke on this issue?  Where was that, @Once-Ler?

That's the savior that speaks to me @Sanguine

Good to see you concede the point that deporting a child that grew up here to a county they don't know could seem cruel and unusual to humans with human empathy. 

Offline Hoodat

What exactly do you propose that Trump do??

Enforcing the actual laws currently on the books would be a good start.

Word.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Enforcing the actual laws currently on the books would be a good start.

Exactly what laws might that be?  I want to let Trump know.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline DB

That's the savior that speaks to me @Sanguine

Good to see you concede the point that deporting a child that grew up here to a county they don't know could seem cruel and unusual to humans with human empathy.

Your empathy is what puts people in this position to begin with. Moral hazards encourage people to do the wrong thing. What you propose will only result in more people being caught up in the same trap. Counting to 3 over and over instead of following through with certain consequences does no one any favors.

Offline Axeslinger

@Emjay

Ask and you shall receive:

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,348365.msg1896797.html#msg1896797

Or just scroll up 5 posts

For the record we’ve now answered all three of your “what could poor trumpy do” posts
« Last Edit: January 23, 2019, 03:07:43 am by Axeslinger »
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
@Emjay

Ask and you shall receive:

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,348365.msg1896797.html#msg1896797

Or just scroll up 5 posts

That is a nothing burger.  What actual laws are on the books that Trump is choosing to ignore?

Offline DB

That is a nothing burger.  What actual laws are on the books that Trump is choosing to ignore?

LOL!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Your empathy is what puts people in this position to begin with. Moral hazards encourage people to do the wrong thing. What you propose will only result in more people being caught up in the same trap. Counting to 3 over and over instead of following through with certain consequences does no one any favors.

That's not empathy.  It's anger and frustration causing the need to make himself appear to be better than others.  In fact, it's the opposite of empathy.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
LOL!

That's it?  LOL.  You all have stated some generalities that you wish would happen.  I'm asking about specific laws that could be enforced.

Offline Axeslinger

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Axeslinger

That's it?  LOL.  You all have stated some generalities that you wish would happen.  I'm asking about specific laws that could be enforced.
@Emjay
No you’re being deliberately obtuse because you’ve now received answers to your ridiculous questions three Times.  You know as well as we do that those laws exist and are on the books and are not being enforced.  And the point is that trump COULD use ALL of those items as part of his negotiations but instead SEEMS intent on giving away the farm And you’re ok with that because...TRUMP!!!!!!

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

cute @Axeslinger   get back to me when you can come up with something specific.

Offline Hoodat

1.  Any illegal alien caught anywhere inside the US other than a point of entry who subsequently seeks asylum can be detained indefinitely until their asylum case is resolved.

2.  Any alien who is deported forfeits the right to return to the US.  Violation constitutes a felony punishable by two years in prison.

3.  It is a violation of federal law for anyone without legal residency to receive federal aid.

So, stop releasing asylum seekers into American society while their cases are pending.  Start prosecuting and incarcerating repeat border violators.  And above all else, stop giving free stuff to illegals.  All three of these are within the President's power.  All three are backed by law.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Axeslinger

Offline jpsb

No, not if they are following the rules and not breaking any laws they can't.

I see you did not brother to read the article I posted.

Offline jpsb

Well, you could urge Trump to

1.  Stop releasing asylum seekers into American society
2.  Start prosecuting deportees who recross the border
3.  Stop giving free stuff to illegals

All of which require Congress to change laws and allocate resources.

Offline jpsb

I'm getting tired of explaining to people that will not listen. And I am not talking about you @Emjay
Homeland security has a limited number of beds. So HS can only hold a limited number of illegals. That
is why they do catch and release. Also there are a limited number of migration judges so the wait to
see one can take months or years. The system is being over whelmed and the is NOTHING Trump
can do without Congress changing existing laws and allocating resources. This is not rocket science
Trump needs Congress to help solves the problem. Conservatives bashing Trump over immigration is
pure insanity.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2019, 06:16:23 am by jpsb »

Offline DB

All of which require Congress to change laws and allocate resources.

What "laws" prevent the President from executing the law?

Offline jpsb

What "laws" prevent the President from executing the law?

There is no law that prevents the President from enforcing existing laws, as you know. However you
need resources (money) and the money comes from Congress. I am thru explaining this, enjoy
handing the country over to the Dems in 2020. You earned it and you deserve it. And instead of
getting 500,000 "new Americans" you'll get 30,000,000 new Americans. I hope they all move into your
neighborhood.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

I got Empathy=bad.  The rest is just babbling.

Offline DB

I got Empathy=bad.  The rest is just babbling.

Well you got it all wrong. Empathy isn't bad in of itself. How it is applied matters and has consequences. And I really don't believe that "babbling" went over your head even if you want to pretend it did.

Offline DB

There is no law that prevents the President from enforcing existing laws, as you know. However you
need resources (money) and the money comes from Congress. I am thru explaining this, enjoy
handing the country over to the Dems in 2020. You earned it and you deserve it. And instead of
getting 500,000 "new Americans" you'll get 30,000,000 new Americans. I hope they all move into your
neighborhood.

LOL!

When you elected Trump you handed the country to the Dems. Trump is a wrecking ball that has gutted what was left of the GOP.

Offline libertybele

@Emjay
No you’re being deliberately obtuse because you’ve now received answers to your ridiculous questions three Times.  You know as well as we do that those laws exist and are on the books and are not being enforced.  And the point is that trump COULD use ALL of those items as part of his negotiations but instead SEEMS intent on giving away the farm And you’re ok with that because...TRUMP!!!!!!

888high58888
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.