Author Topic: President Trump's Rumored Potential Border Wall Deal Sounds Like Disastrous 1986 Immigration Comprom  (Read 18466 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Are you seriously suggesting that the reason Trump won't prosecute serial deportees (a felony subject to two years in prison) is because @edpc would call him a 'dictator'?

:2popcorn:
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Hoodat

Some say it's a piece of cake to use the military, totally forgetting about the  Posse Comitatus Act , which has been abused in the past with disastrous consequences.

(See:  Logical fallacies - Strawman)

No one suggested anything about using the military.  It is simply a matter of enforcing current border laws and removing the 'free stuff' incentive - all of which are within a President's Constitutional powers.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

No one suggested anything about using the military.  It is simply a matter of enforcing current border laws and removing the 'free stuff' incentive - all of which are within a President's Constitutional powers.

Oh, but, my friend, you are wrong there.  @libertybele suggested it back on this very thread.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Trump has tried that and been slapped down by liberal, corrupt judges.

Online Right_in_Virginia

So true @Right_in_Virginia  but more voices here that are ordinarily saner are basically calling for measures that they deem simple, but which are anything but.

Some say it's a piece of cake to use the military, totally forgetting about the  Posse Comitatus Act , which has been abused in the past with disastrous consequences.

And some are thinking that using the Plenary Act is without risks when it is full of judicial pitfalls and risks.

I just don't understand the drive to deride the one working for our side @Emjay  We wouldn't even know about what's really happening on our Southern border without the President, never mind fighting for what's right and needed.

They must be trapped in a kneejerk reaction of some kind about all things POTUS because mocking him now doesn't make any rational sense.   :shrug:

Offline Hoodat

Trump has tried that and been slapped down by liberal, corrupt judges.

This would be the second time this false claim has been offered.  The first time, requests for supporting evidence went unanswered.  So I will ask again.  Please show us where judges shot this down.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

And yet there we were on the border for 45 days in Texas.  Sustainment...Engineers and Military Police.

By the way...who do you think is involved in designing, building, and operating locks and dams. Other civil engineering projects include flood control, beach nourishment, and dredging for waterway navigation?

Who is in charge of 24% of of U.S. hydropower capacity?

USACoE.

You might want to study what exactly that act covers before you just mindlessly spit it out.

Just sayin...
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Hoodat

I just don't understand the drive to deride the one working for our side @Emjay 

It's not a matter of deriding Trump.  It is a matter of a President using his powers to enforce the laws already on the books.  It is a matter of opposing amnesty which for some reason you now choose to support.

On the enforcement front, I am giving you clear ideas on things completely within the power of the Executive branch - powers granted by law through the legislature and upheld by the judiciary - things that would strongly deter illegal immigration.  Yet when it comes to getting on board and cheering Trump forward, you choose instead to make excuses for Trump doing nothing.

Pathetic.

So when it comes down to it, it is once again the Conservatives on this forum who are unwavering in their opposition to amnesty while you Trump sycophants are willing to surrender to whatever Trump chooses.  At least I called it correctly back in 2015 when I pointed out Trump's statements of support for amnesty.  And now I hear you and your sycophants chiming in.  At least the candidate I supported never backed down.  Never.  So from this point on, we Conservatives will continue to push for the enforcement of laws and an end to the 'free stuff' giveaway that current illegals enjoy while we listen to your defense of amnesty filled with excuses from you of why Trump can't do it.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online corbe

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
It's not a matter of deriding Trump.  It is a matter of a President using his powers to enforce the laws already on the books.  It is a matter of opposing amnesty which for some reason you now choose to support.

On the enforcement front, I am giving you clear ideas on things completely within the power of the Executive branch - powers granted by law through the legislature and upheld by the judiciary - things that would strongly deter illegal immigration.  Yet when it comes to getting on board and cheering Trump forward, you choose instead to make excuses for Trump doing nothing.

Pathetic.

So when it comes down to it, it is once again the Conservatives on this forum who are unwavering in their opposition to amnesty while you Trump sycophants are willing to surrender to whatever Trump chooses.  At least I called it correctly back in 2015 when I pointed out Trump's statements of support for amnesty.  And now I hear you and your sycophants chiming in.  At least the candidate I supported never backed down.  Never.  So from this point on, we Conservatives will continue to push for the enforcement of laws and an end to the 'free stuff' giveaway that current illegals enjoy while we listen to your defense of amnesty filled with excuses from you of why Trump can't do it.

Nailed it.

Offline DB

Everything you say is true,

But

Punishment must fit the crime. Deporting a child that grew up here to a county they don't know could
seem to many as cruel and unusual. DACA people need to be dealt with in a humane way on a case by
case bases. How old were they when they entered USA? How old are they now? Are they gang members?
Criminals? In military? College educated? Etc.

The children are victims of a crime committed by their parents. Our government under our constitution is not in the business of making victims of crime whole again. If it were whenever something is stolen from a victim the government would replace it. Those who unknowing buy stolen property are not made whole again when they have to return it to its rightful owner.

Your bleeding heart rewards those who cheat with no consequences when later caught. That creates the conditions that gets people into this predicament in the first place. Until you have the courage to uphold the law and force people pay the consequences of their choices including their children's suffering then you won't end it. Ending it is what will stop the suffering in the future.

Again. Crime has victims and it isn't fair. Put the blame where it belongs. Until parents realize that if they bring their child here illegally the child will be returned to wherever they came from when caught they won't stop doing this.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 02:22:16 am by DB »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Deporting a child that grew up here to a county they don't know could
seem to many as cruel and unusual.

Fruit of the poisonous tree.

Offline libertybele

Pathetic.

Exactly! Compromising the sovereignty of this country is not acceptable, not an option and not negotiable. :patriot:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Deporting a child that grew up here to a county they don't know could seem to many as cruel and unusual. 

Only to humans with human empathy or reverence for Christ
« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 02:32:43 am by Once-Ler »

Offline roamer_1

That's right.
This is similar to the tax cut, which came without the obligatory spending cuts.
It's the same dang thing, and it is NOT Conservative.

TO resurrect the mantra from Duncan Hunter's day:

BUILD THE FENCE.
ENFORCE THE LAW.

Offline libertybele

That's right.
This is similar to the tax cut, which came without the obligatory spending cuts.
It's the same dang thing, and it is NOT Conservative.

TO resurrect the mantra from Duncan Hunter's day:

BUILD THE FENCE.
ENFORCE THE LAW.

888high58888  I too was a Duncan Hunter supporter.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline roamer_1

Those who knowing buy stolen property are not made whole again when they have to return it to its rightful owner.

Knowingly or unknowingly, the law is the same - there can be no profit in buying stolen goods.

Your bleeding heart rewards those who cheat with no consequences when later caught. That creates the conditions that gets people into this predicament in the first place. Until you have the courage to uphold the law and force people pay the consequences of their choices including their children's suffering then you won't end it. Ending it is what will stop the suffering in the future.

Again. Crime has victims and it isn't fair. Put the blame where it belongs. Until parents realize that if they bring their child here illegally the child will be returned to wherever they came from when caught they won't stop doing this.

That is dang well right.

Offline roamer_1

888high58888  I too was a Duncan Hunter supporter.

I remember @libertybele  :)

:beer:

Offline DB

Knowingly or unknowingly, the law is the same - there can be no profit in buying stolen goods.

That is dang well right.

It was supposed to be "unknowingly"... I fixed it. Thank you for pointing that out.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

Pathetic.

Yeah the touchback amnesty went over their heads.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline libertybele

once again the Conservatives on this forum who are unwavering in their opposition to amnesty

...Meanwhile .... no comment from the peanut gallery.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 03:02:44 pm by libertybele »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Really?  Christ spoke on this issue?  Where was that, @Once-Ler?

Offline Chosen Daughter

The same reason we must provide free health, cash assistance...............etc.  I have posted on the free stuff which we pay for.  Not the government.  You and me.  Its an endless cycle.  These people come for the empathy that we so freely give.  These burdens fall on the people who feel it.  The people who compete with illegals aliens for jobs. The ones who work paycheck to paycheck.  Who steal from what little savings they have each month hoping to pay it back next payday.  The ones that vote no for more tax levies.

Most of these dreamers are practically if not some adults.  If the government wants to have empathy they should pay for them.  Not out of the pockets of Americans who can't shoulder other people's families.  Politicians got us into this mess and they continue to pretend its OK for people to shoulder the burdens of other people's families. 

Many of the dreamers are adults.  They should be able to go home.  There are listing for jobs in Honduras.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 03:24:27 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Really?  Christ spoke on this issue?  Where was that, @Once-Ler?

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2+Thessalonians+3&version=MSG

Charity should be given from the heart according to prayer.  Not forced upon us by government who give other people's money.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 03:33:52 pm by Chosen Daughter »

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
And yet there we were on the border for 45 days in Texas.  Sustainment...Engineers and Military Police.

By the way...who do you think is involved in designing, building, and operating locks and dams. Other civil engineering projects include flood control, beach nourishment, and dredging for waterway navigation?

Who is in charge of 24% of of U.S. hydropower capacity?

USACoE.

You might want to study what exactly that act covers before you just mindlessly spit it out.

Just sayin...

I'm well aware that the act only covers certain parts of the military and does not cover other parts, but before you mindlessly spit out your opinion, you might realize that the person who wanted Trump to use the military was talking about another kind of military use.