Author Topic: Pence Defends Wife Against Media Attacks on Christian schools  (Read 910 times)

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Pence Defends Wife Against Media Attacks on Christian schools
« on: January 19, 2019, 07:28:36 pm »
http://dailycallernewsfoundation.org/2019/01/17/pence-defends-wife-against-media-attacks/

Vice President Mike Pence defended his wife Karen’s new job at a Christian private school Thursday, calling the ensuing backlash against Christian education “deeply offensive.”

Pence made the impassioned defense of Christian education following public outcry over Karen’s announcement she will be teaching art at Immanuel Christian School in Springfield, Virginia. Critics raged over the fact that the school requires employees to pledge they believe marriage is monogamous and heterosexual and they won’t engage in “homosexual or lesbian sexual activity” or adopt or promote “transgender identity,” in accordance with Christian doctrine.

“My wife and I have been in the public eye for quite a while but I have to tell you, to see major news organizations attacking Christian education is deeply offensive,” Pence told EWTN. “We have a rich tradition in America of Christian education and, frankly, religious education broadly defined. We celebrate it. The freedom of religion is enshrined in the Constitution of the United States.”

(excerpt—video at the link)
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Applewood

Re: Pence Defends Wife Against Media Attacks on Christian schools
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2019, 12:22:10 pm »
Read a hit piece on Mrs. Pence and her employer last week.  So the school requires adherence to a certain moral code.   It's their shop.  They have the right to dictate the rules (or at least they used to).   If you don't want to be subjected to that moral code, go elsewhere. 

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2019, 04:49:49 pm »
It's a Christian school. The objection is that they try to live by what they believe the Bible teaches. We don't see anyone on the left criticizing Islamic schools for believing and acting in accordance with their "rulebook."
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2019, 05:31:59 pm »
It's a Christian school. The objection is that they try to live by what they believe the Bible teaches. We don't see anyone on the left criticizing Islamic schools for believing and acting in accordance with their "rulebook."
There's one other factor in play here, too:

The left wants the union-controlled public schools to be the only option for most children. To do that, they have to make sure no competition can take root. Right now, there are three types of schools. The private non-sectarian academies are only available in the cities and suburbs—they'll be fine. The elites need those to keep their own children out of the public schools. The public schools are everywhere (I'll count the charter schools among these, since even though they're officially separate, they're still government subsidized). Then there are the Christian schools. Most places, even rural areas, have at least one Christian school.

So, they do everything within their power to discredit Christian education. That way, they have no option but to be forced into the public school system. Then the unions control the children, and so on...
« Last Edit: January 20, 2019, 05:32:43 pm by jmyrlefuller »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2019, 07:16:22 pm »
I agree, @jmyrlefuller
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2019, 11:44:53 pm »
Good analysis, j.myrle.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2019, 12:20:22 am »
Read a hit piece on Mrs. Pence and her employer last week.  So the school requires adherence to a certain moral code.   It's their shop.  They have the right to dictate the rules (or at least they used to).   If you don't want to be subjected to that moral code, go elsewhere.
Gosh I wonder if these hack journalists have the courage to attack a muslim school and the guidelines they adhere to. Oh ya doing that will get their heads cut off or acid thrown in their faces or blown up, so they just attack safe targets like the cowards they are. Not like muslims have a problem with queers, unless you call burning them alive, throwing them off roofs, chopping their heads off or other creative ways of killing them..........a problem.