Author Topic: Trump expected to pitch immigration deal to end funding stalemate  (Read 4203 times)

Offline Axeslinger

Re: Trump expected to pitch immigration deal to end funding stalemate
« Reply #50 on: January 22, 2019, 01:33:03 am »
and here you, and others sit, sniping at the one guy who feels as strongly about this issue as you claim to feel.

Trump needs your support here, and not your whining because he can't wave a wand or do the impossible.
@Emjay

I disagree...slightly.  I do fully support his efforts on this and want him to hold strong on the shutdown.  Likewise I can recognize that the perfect is the enemy of the good. 

However, some whining is ALSO productive when it is directed at members of congress to push for the best compromise attainable. And it is productive here on the forum to push for more and sway others to push for more so that they too can push their members of Congress.

Your implied take of “shut up and take it” means that we should take whatever morsels our “betters” think they can can cram down our throats.  My .02 worth
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline corbe

« Reply #51 on: January 22, 2019, 01:33:57 am »
   Some of you Briefers give us NT'ers way to much credit.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #52 on: January 22, 2019, 02:22:56 am »
Total amen @jpsb   It amazes and horrifies me that so many here are willing to throw Trump to the wolves ... the one man who actually feels strongly about border security.

They seem unable to see the true stakes in this fight and how desperately we need to support Trump.

NOT at the expense of amnesty, which will wind up continuing and ongoing.
There is ONLY one proper answer that will awaken Conservatives...

Build the fence and enforce the law. PERIOD.

That does not include changing the law to include amnesty of any kind.
It is all y'all that are not far-seeing.
I have seen this all before.

Online libertybele

« Reply #53 on: January 22, 2019, 02:31:31 am »
and here you, and others sit, sniping at the one guy who feels as strongly about this issue as you claim to feel.

Trump needs your support here, and not your whining because he can't wave a wand or do the impossible.

Sniping?  I am NOT objecting to him building a wall.  What I am objecting to is his mention of amnesty and his offer of protection to DACA.

I think everyone realizes @Emjay he doesn't have a magic want and can't do the impossible; otherwise he would have turned Pelosi into a frog and Chuckie into a toad.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline corbe

« Reply #54 on: January 22, 2019, 02:36:30 am »
   Turtles love frogs and flies but in the spirit of bipartisanship McConnell would suddenly become a vegetarian.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #55 on: January 22, 2019, 02:37:25 am »
Nope, and I am beginning to think I need a self-imposed time out from this board because apparently only a few people here want to face reality.

@Emjay

Good luck on that one! I have been damn few places other than the army where reality was even allowed to visit.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline jpsb

« Reply #56 on: January 22, 2019, 04:11:27 am »
Total amen @jpsb   It amazes and horrifies me that so many here are willing to throw Trump to the wolves ... the one man who actually feels strongly about border security.

They seem unable to see the true stakes in this fight and how desperately we need to support Trump.

:thumbsup: