Author Topic: WATCH: Ted Cruz Perfectly Explains Why Nancy Pelosi Is So Terrified Of Trump Giving The SOTU Address  (Read 1041 times)

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Listen, if you’re Nancy Pelosi it makes a lot of sense. Nancy Pelosi is terrified, number one, of her extreme left-wing base; she is captive of that; and number two, the position of Congressional Democrats in this shutdown is objectively unreasonable. In 2013, Chuck Schumer and every Senate Democrat voted in favor of 350 miles of border wall. They have right now shut the government down to stop 234 miles of border wall. I don’t know how you explain that you voted in favor of 350 miles but you shut the government down to stop 234 miles. That is incoherent.

The honest answer: It’s not a substantive disagreement; it’s that they’re terrified of their extreme left wing, who hates Trump. And that’s why we’re having a shutdown. So why does Nancy Pelosi not want the State of the Union? Because the State of the Union is an enormous platform for the president to speak directly to the American people, and she doesn’t want people focusing on the substance of this issue. She wants their information to come from the mainstream media rather than the president.

Listen, it’s the same reason, You remember, back right before the shutdown, when the president met with Pelosi and Schumer in the Oval Office and it was a remarkable meeting. I thought the funniest and most revealing moment was when Pelosi said multiple times, “Please, can we turn the cameras off? Can we get the reports out of here” She didn’t want people to see then that their position was objectively unreasonable. The president has said he’s willing to compromise; he’s willing to negotiate but we need to secure the border. The president’s right on that. Their position is not defensible so of course she’s trying to hide from the cameras and I don’t think we should let her.

https://www.redstate.com/brandon_morse/2019/01/18/watch-ted-cruz-perfectly-explains-nancy-pelosi-terrified-trump-giving-sotu-address/
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Perfect take by Ted Cruz.  Nancy is trapped.  She knows the radical part of her party is getting more radical and more powerful and she is desperate.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Nancy may be the Bad Witch but she knows politics and she sees her party slipping away.

If the radical element, personified by Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and other loony tunes, actually gets control of the party, Nancy knows they will become a permanent minority party.

Other liberals, like the Clinton's kept a veneer of reasonableness.  This new breed does not bother.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Nancy may be the Bad Witch but she knows politics and she sees her party slipping away.

If the radical element, personified by Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and other loony tunes, actually gets control of the party, Nancy knows they will become a permanent minority party.

Other liberals, like the Clinton's kept a veneer of reasonableness.  This new breed does not bother.

And when that happens the onus will be on Us to keep them from switching Parties (to get juicy committee assignments and chairs) and Primary the bleeps out, LIKE WE SHOULD HAVE DONE WITH ROMNEY.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

And when that happens the onus will be on Us to keep them from switching Parties (to get juicy committee assignments and chairs) and Primary the bleeps out, LIKE WE SHOULD HAVE DONE WITH ROMNEY.

I don't think the loony toons will get control but I'm afraid of the semi-sensible wing of the party moving more in their direction as they see the media fawn over the nutty types.

Offline libertybele

Go Ted!!!!  BTW, love the beard!!!   888heartkitty
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
The Democrat Party is in the throes of the communists within their ranks taking over.  Pelosi is terrified, and clueless as ever. 

The problem rests with the need to stop Trump at any cost, even when he is attempting to carry out the will of the people.  Congress has long stopped serving the will of the people.  The Dems are more interested in serving the needs of illegal invading aliens than they are of US citizens.  That is why they appear weak and clueless, and that is why they will experience their greatest loses ever in 2020.

The American people have had their fill.  Trump is attempting to build a wall to protect America.  It is not racist, it is about protecting our country from people that think they have the right to invade our nation.  They don't.    The wall that Trump wants, whether steel or concrete works effectively.  It stops the easy undeterred entry of illegal invading aliens, human traffickers, drugs being transported from our good neighbor Mexico, drugs that are a major contributor to the death of 70,000 Americans, and the wall frees up border security to focus on other methods of illegal entry, i.e. tunnels, etc.

There is another caravan of 2,000 on the way, and the news indicated tonight that two more caravans are forming.  This is crazy, and yet the Dems are perfectly fine with the illegal aliens invading our nation.  Congress was elected to represent the American people, not illegal invading aliens.  These people are not our responsibility.

I think it is time Congress ends refugee visas as presently defined, and focus on issuing refugee status for only people that our government decides is eligible before entry into the USA.  People entering our country illegally should never have status, and should be immediately deported.  If we did that, it would end this nonsense!

Offline libertybele

The Democrat Party is in the throes of the communists within their ranks taking over.  Pelosi is terrified, and clueless as ever. 

The problem rests with the need to stop Trump at any cost, even when he is attempting to carry out the will of the people.  Congress has long stopped serving the will of the people.  The Dems are more interested in serving the needs of illegal invading aliens than they are of US citizens.  That is why they appear weak and clueless, and that is why they will experience their greatest loses ever in 2020.

The American people have had their fill.  Trump is attempting to build a wall to protect America.  It is not racist, it is about protecting our country from people that think they have the right to invade our nation.  They don't.    The wall that Trump wants, whether steel or concrete works effectively.  It stops the easy undeterred entry of illegal invading aliens, human traffickers, drugs being transported from our good neighbor Mexico, drugs that are a major contributor to the death of 70,000 Americans, and the wall frees up border security to focus on other methods of illegal entry, i.e. tunnels, etc.

There is another caravan of 2,000 on the way, and the news indicated tonight that two more caravans are forming.  This is crazy, and yet the Dems are perfectly fine with the illegal aliens invading our nation.  Congress was elected to represent the American people, not illegal invading aliens.  These people are not our responsibility.

I think it is time Congress ends refugee visas as presently defined, and focus on issuing refugee status for only people that our government decides is eligible before entry into the USA.  People entering our country illegally should never have status, and should be immediately deported.  If we did that, it would end this nonsense!

I agree with what you are saying, but one thing that needs to be kept in mind is that IF the DEMS are able to make a deal on DACA, Dreamers or some form of amnesty or asylum, they will increase their voting base.  It will get to a point that mathematically it will be impossible for the GOP to beat them because of the sheer number of new DEM voters.  That is why it is critical that there is absolutely NO amnesty granted of any kind, to do so will eliminate the GOP ... perhaps not by 2020, but certainly by 2024.

We not only need a wall, which is paramount to border security but along with it, we need strict enforcement of current immigration laws and ensure that birthright citizenship and chain migration ends.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Go Ted!!!!  BTW, love the beard!!!   888heartkitty

I do too, libertybelle.  He's one of the few men who look better with a beard.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
I agree wth libertybelle above.

If we can ever get our abdicative Congress to do their jobs, and I do not believe we can, we can accomplish great things.  I fully support President Trump using any means to secure the border.  As one of the photos in Pookie Toons displays, we have been using our military to protect the border in Korea for many decades, and spending 100s of billions in the process.  And in addition, the USA has done the same for Germany and continues to this day to fund 70% of NATO.  We are good are securing borders for other nations, yet allow our country to be invaded by illegal invading aliens.

What would it take?  If we had a highly trained team of 100 muslim terrorists to cross our border and wreck havoc, would we then have a Congress that would want to protect our border?  No, I doubt it.

So here is the question you must ask, how many more thousands of Americans must die, get raped or suffer an attack to body or property before we act to protect our own population of citizens?  And that question is meant for both the Dems and the GOP!
« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 04:03:45 am by jafo2010 »

rangerrebew

TED CRUZ Laughs At Democrats: They Voted In Favor of 350 Miles Of Border Wall In 2013…Now They Shut Down Government To Stop 234 Miles [VIDEO]
Jan 18, 2019

The Democrat’s armor is starting to crack.

On Wednesday, Democrat Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi, unwillingly revealed to Americans that Democrats are losing support for their unpopular decision to shut down the government over their refusal to fund a wall on our southern border. In a letter to President Trump, Speaker Pelosi explained that she felt his State of the Union address to the American people should be postponed until after the government is reopened. Pelosi cited “security concerns” as a reason for deciding to cancel his State of the Union speech. Unfortunately, for Nancy, Secret Service almost immediately rebuked her claim that Secret Service would be unable to do fully execute in their jobs to keep everyone safe.

https://100percentfedup.com/ted-cruz-laughs-at-democrats-they-voted-in-favor-of-350-miles-of-border-wall-in-2013-now-they-shut-down-government-to-stop-234-miles-video/

Offline libertybele

I do too, libertybelle.  He's one of the few men who look better with a beard.

I think it makes him look younger and his appearance makes him look more sincere.

Offline Mod2

Topics merged.