Author Topic: Democrat Floats Canceling Super Bowl: ‘Would Definitely Lead to the End of the Government Shutdown’  (Read 5292 times)

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
I like watching Brady.  I haven't been because I now only watch college ball, but Brady isn't the problem.

No, Brady gives everyone something to hate.  He and his little coach too.

It's always good to have something to hate.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Emmanuel Goldstein, for example.  "Two Minutes" isn't just a warning of a clock running out, to continue with the football analogy....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
 jmyrlefuller....living under a rock, that might just be you!

First, Kaepernick was NOT banned!  He was dropped by his team and simply not picked up by any team.  I believe he has a law suit going to say otherwise, and it will go nowhere.

And 2nd, viewership is not back!  It is not as low as its lowest point, but it is not back, and I anticipate the viewership of this Super Bowl to be another low year.  Not record low, but many simply do not watch pro ball any longer.  As others have indicated on this thread, they watch college ball, and wrote off the pros.

And Brady is not the problem either.  He is a highly talented player, whose reputation will be tarnished for having to cheat!  Pathetic really.  The penalties imposed on Brady and New England were not even a handslap, but don't get me started.

And BTW, the federal government has a bigger hand in the NFL then you think.  They give those jokers special considerations for taxes that have been legislated just for the NFL.  I would not be surprised if the Dems would hold that over the heads of the NFL.

And with the exception of one team to my knowledge, the taxes payers have funded every stadium in America but one, even against the taxpayer' express wishes as in the case of the stadiums in Pittsburgh, where the ten counties surrounding Pittsburgh voted 70% against the construction of two new stadiums.  They built them anyway.  So much for democracy in action.  And who bought all the land where they built the two new stadiums before they went after the two stadiums?  Three guesses and the first two do not count!

Online Hoodat

First, Kaepernick was NOT banned!  He was dropped by his team and simply not picked up by any team.

Kaepernick wasn't dropped by his team.  He opted out of his contract.  He was subsequently offered a contract by Denver, which he turned down.  And he was offered a tryout by Seattle which was withdrawn when he demanded that he be allowed to kneel during the national anthem as a condition of his employment.

His 'victim' status is 100% self-inflicted.

Colin Kaepernick opts out of contract with 49ers
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Kaepernick wasn't dropped by his team.  He opted out of his contract.  He was subsequently offered a contract by Denver, which he turned down.  And he was offered a tryout by Seattle which was withdrawn when he demanded that he be allowed to kneel during the national anthem as a condition of his employment.

His 'victim' status is 100% self-inflicted.

Colin Kaepernick opts out of contract with 49ers
What does it matter, though? Colin Kaepernick is gone. He's never coming back at this point, thankfully for everyone involved. So why do some want to continue to punish the NFL for something they've already addressed?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Yes, we should cancel the Super Bowl.

We wouldn't want people's subsidized housing to be endangered.  Like this freeloader who gets to stay home with his children on the taxpayer.  Even though he is totally capable of working.  If he can't afford child care he shouldn't have children.  Or come to the United States with them. 

https://q13fox.com/2019/01/19/government-shutdown-could-affect-subsidized-housing-if-it-continues/

I stayed home with my two children on one income when they were little.  We did it without assistance.  It wasn't easy and we went without all the extras.  I suggest he take a night job and she stay at day time job.  We did that too.  You do what you have to.  Not live off of others.

The guy couldn't even get dressed for the interview.  Pajama's and bare feet.

I need to get out of Washington state.  It is driving me crazy.

I am not lawfully present. Am I eligible for any public assistance?
You may be eligible for limited programs IF you meet other requirements, such as being low-income.  These programs include:

•emergency Medicaid

•medical coverage for pregnant women

•medical coverage for children - see Apple Health for Kids Program

•medical coverage for dialysis or cancer treatment

•immunizations, testing for and treatment of communicable diseases

•disaster relief

•school lunch, child nutrition programs, foster care and adoption assistance

•higher education loans

•Head Start and other education programs

•Job Training Partnership Act

•community programs necessary to protect life or safety such as domestic violence shelters

•A once-a-year emergency cash grant for families – see Consolidated Emergency Assistance Program (CEAP): Extra Money for Needy Families)

I am not eligible. Can I still apply for assistance for my family members?
Yes. Your family members may be eligible for assistance even if you are not. All low-income children in Washington state are eligible for free or reduced fee medical coverage, regardless of immigration status.   

If I apply for assistance for myself, will I be reported to immigration authorities?
There is very little risk of this. There are a number of laws and policies in place that protect the privacy of the information you provide when you apply for benefits.

If you apply for medical assistance, the info you provide can only be used to determine your eligibility for assistance.  It CANNOT be used for immigration enforcement.

https://www.washingtonlawhelp.org/resource/washington-public-assistance-for-undocumented#b
« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 05:54:12 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Sorry, forgive me.  Back to the ball game.  Heck no she will not cancel the Super Bowl.  That witch need to get on her broom and never come back.

AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
jmyrlefuller...again, not everything is as it appears.  The official line was Kaepernick renegotiated his contract to allow him out during his last year to pursue free agent status.  Now, if I am the General Manager of a team, and a new GM at that, and I want to make my mark, I would do everything I could to get rid of a player that cost the club tens if not hundreds of millions in lost revenue per year.  A player whose record was a losing record for his time with the team.

The new GM of San Francisco was friends with Kaepernick, or so the media claims, so of course he is going to make him look good LEAVING, which any intelligent GM would do.  Otherwise it opens them up for a law suit.  Bottomline, San Francisco got rid of him, and he was just too arrogant to think anything other than five other teams would gladly have him.  No way.  He had some good stats, but he was a loser, and he had a 59% completion ratio, not impressive!

Kaepernick was a pariah, an albatross, and he got what anyone with intelligence would expect. 

Offline dfwgator

They should cancel the Super Bowl on account of the horrible officiating.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

Same here....   Think I'll skip Shit Bowl I this year. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
So the Dems think they can win elections by being the party that cancelled the Super Bowl?

It is Trump that is using the word compromise, that is proposing to exchange border security for a Dem priority,  Trump's the one risking discord with his base.  Meanwhile the Dems are acting like petulant children,  even urging the Super Bowl be cancelled in service to their vanity.

Politics as reality show, folks.  It's why we call ourselves the greatest nation on earth.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 02:20:46 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Apparently football stadium security has been taken over by TSA and nobody told us?

If they are worried about security...I know of three stadiums...in West Point New York...Annapolis Maryland and right here in Colorado Springs that would be more than secure.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online Hoodat

Quote from: Cyber Liberty
Apparently football stadium security has been taken over by TSA and nobody told us?

This is the part that I don't get.  TSA workers are paid through a tax attached to every airline ticket sale.  If TSA workers aren't getting paid, then why am I still getting charged the tax?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline jpsb

Withholding a thing can be tricky. We had a 5 star programmer who was excellent. He decided that he was mad about this or that, whatever, so he stopped coming into work. He expected the whole operation to fold and everyone to come crawling and begging. Nothing changed really. It was a little difficult for a couple of weeks. We got a new coder and that was that. I don't know if the guy ever found a new job. He threw away a great opportunity. I know that.

The point is, if the NFL ever stops the SuperBowl, there is no guarantee that it would ever be the same again. You don't crap where you eat. And the SuperBowl is where the NFL eats.

@240B

FYI, I am pretty good too (C, Java) so if you ever need some help keep me in mind. I mostly write sever side code (I write the API that client side coders use). API=Application Programing Interface.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
@240B

FYI, I am pretty good too (C, Java) so if you ever need some help keep me in mind. I mostly write sever side code (I write the API that client side coders use). API=Application Programing Interface.
Your entry was great. I loved every part of it. But when you decided to point out to me what API meant, that was kind of an insult to me, Therefore, I going to have to ask you to please leave the forge.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline GrouchoTex

Offline GrouchoTex

Watching yesterday's games was brutal.
The non call late in the Saints-Rams game, and the roughing the passer call late in the Patriots-Chiefs game.

Offline musiclady

Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

If they are worried about security...I know of three stadiums...in West Point New York...Annapolis Maryland and right here in Colorado Springs that would be more than secure.

888high58888

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

Hear!  Hear!

I'll watch the Super Bowl, if only to cheer for the LA Rams, a team I don't give a rip about,  against the Patriots.

Bill Belichick is a despicable little boy.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Your entry was great. I loved every part of it. But when you decided to point out to me what API meant, that was kind of an insult to me, Therefore, I going to have to ask you to please leave the forge.

Hmmmm...

API=Application Programing Interface.

program also programme vt programmed or programed; programming or programing 1 a : to arrange or furnish a program of or for : BILL b : to enter in a program 2 : to work out a sequence of operations to be performed by (as an electronic computer) — programmer

Notice that programer is not an option here. It is quite possible that, going forward, the central role of computers as the objects of programming made the spelling preferences of computer engineers and developers especially significant. In any case, when the computer-related definition of the verb program arrived in the dictionary, the spelling preference flipped.

It flipped, but programed and programing didn't vanish altogether. In fact those spellings still appear as alternative spellings in the Eleventh Collegiate (2003). But the weight of real-world usage is overwhelmingly in favor of doubling the m, as this Ngram chart of programed (blue line) and programing (red line) versus programmed (green line) and programming (yellow line) for the period 1930–2005 indicates:

I try to learn something new every day.

Thanks, guys!!!!

@240B @jpsb

« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 07:40:51 pm by bigheadfred »
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline jpsb

Hmmmm...

API=Application Programing Interface.

I try to learn something new every day.

Thanks, guys!!!!

@240B @jpsb

what ever, bye

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
So the Dems have the authority and the ability to cancel private sector multi million dollar entertainment events now to pursue their totalitarian agenda.

My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline jpsb

Bye

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Go Pats!

Y'all just hate Belichek because he wins.  Over and over.