Author Topic: Trump Denies Aircraft for Pelosi Trip  (Read 8042 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Re: Trump Denies Aircraft for Pelosi Trip
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2019, 11:09:06 pm »
"One sophomoric response does not deserve another," said Republican South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham in a statement criticizing Trump's move.

https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/01/17/politics/donald-trump-nancy-pelosi-shutdown-state-of-the-union/index.html?r=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnn.com%2F

Praise for Graham over support for Kavanaugh is a distant speck in the rear view mirror.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2019, 11:14:18 pm »
"One sophomoric response does not deserve another," said Republican South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham in a statement criticizing Trump's move.

https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/01/17/politics/donald-trump-nancy-pelosi-shutdown-state-of-the-union/index.html?r=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnn.com%2F

Praise for Graham over support for Kavanaugh is a distant speck in the rear view mirror.

The Douche Bag Senator from the great state of South Carolina never fails to disappoint.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2019, 11:18:46 pm »
Times are tough all over for lazy govt' employees. Pelosi is one of them.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2019, 11:20:34 pm »
Poor Adam Schiff....he stalled as long as he could before disembarking that bus.       :2popcorn:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2019, 11:22:03 pm »
This is delicious.

Message sent is that we will NOT conduct government business as usual.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2019, 11:25:35 pm »
Poor Adam Schiff....he stalled as long as he could before disembarking that bus.       :2popcorn:

They said he needed to take a little schitt in the bus bathroom.  He couldn't work one up. 

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2019, 11:28:40 pm »
Luggage was returned to the House

Online Wingnut

« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2019, 11:30:32 pm »
FYI:
CODEL=   Congressional Delegation.  She didn't change her name.  wink777

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2019, 11:30:56 pm »
What business does she have going there anyway?
@txradioguy

It is a Democrat group of legislators going to a war zone to know what is going on there so they have a better understanding of what is needed there in terms of legislation.  Senators went there a week or so ago for the same reason.  Going to a war zone puts one life in danger - it is not for fun and play.

« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2019, 11:33:56 pm »

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2019, 11:34:46 pm »
Going to a war zone puts one life in danger - it is not for fun and play.

100% Bullshit. These clowns are going there for sound bites and video clips of them hanging out with soldiers to promote themselves. They are not going to be near any gun shots.

Online Wingnut

« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2019, 11:36:25 pm »
@txradioguy

It is a Democrat group of legislators going to a war zone to know what is going on there so they have a better understanding of what is needed there in terms of legislation.  Senators went there a week or so ago for the same reason.  Going to a war zone puts one life in danger - it is not for fun and play.

Very true Vicky.   They might come under sniper fire on the tarmac after landing like your buddy Hillary. 

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2019, 11:36:57 pm »

Let's be honest. The Rats are pretty much confused every day of their lives.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2019, 11:37:21 pm »
Very true Vicky.   They might come under sniper fire on the tarmac after landing like your buddy Hillary.

LOL. Top Notch!!!

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2019, 11:37:42 pm »

Despite what she thinks...she the leader of one party in one half of a bicameral legislative body...she is not "equal" to the President.
She is embracing her Muslim constituents.

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online libertybele

« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2019, 11:38:39 pm »
100% Bullshit. These clowns are going there for sound bites and video clips of them hanging out with soldiers to promote themselves. They are not going to be near any gun shots.

They need to visit the southern border and wait for the arrival of the next caravan.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

« Reply #41 on: January 17, 2019, 11:48:54 pm »

BTW, Pelosi was to have her own plane, the rest of the delegation was on another.

« Reply #42 on: January 17, 2019, 11:50:42 pm »
President Trump has canceled a planned trip by several of his Cabinet members to a major economic forum in Davos, Switzerland, the White House said Thursday.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #43 on: January 17, 2019, 11:55:41 pm »
President Trump has canceled a planned trip by several of his Cabinet members to a major economic forum in Davos, Switzerland, the White House said Thursday.

He's very quick on his feet.  :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Applewood

« Reply #44 on: January 17, 2019, 11:59:03 pm »
I do agree that a trip by a  congressperson just to press the flesh should not be subsidized by the taxpayers (allowing a military plane for her and her entourage).  If Pelosi wants to go overseas to charm people, she ought to pay her own way.  Unlike a number of her constituents, she is being paid during this shutdown.  I think she can afford the trip on her own.

Having said that though, I really don't care for all this childishness.  Why can't these people put on their big kid pants, get together and hammer out a solution?  These theatrics are getting old. 

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #45 on: January 18, 2019, 12:05:27 am »

@txradioguy

Her "business" going there is to stump for Dim votes by saying Trump doesn't care enough about them or about America to go,but she and the other Dims just LOVE the soldiers.

Purely political campaign trip,and she was going to do it using taxpayer dollars.

Not a chance in HELL of her flying commercial and having to wait in line and get her bags checked like the "little people".
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #46 on: January 18, 2019, 12:07:11 am »
What's even sweeter about this...is the fact the "delegation" that was going with her was already on the bus to Andrews and had to be turned around.  :silly:

@txradioguy

Thank you,thank you,thank you! That just made it 10x sweeter,
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #47 on: January 18, 2019, 12:33:58 am »
100% Bullshit.
Frank Cannon
@mystery-ak

"100% Bullshit."  I don't respond to your (Cannon) posts, however you got this one right.  Your posts are "100% Bullshit", full of sexual connotations, disgusting direct sexual content, and every known filthy curse word.  In my opinion, you have no intrinsic value on this forum.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #48 on: January 18, 2019, 12:34:19 am »
I was in the doctor's waiting room when I read this on my phone...loved it but this guy didn't  pointing-down

Graham criticizes Trump canceling Pelosi trip as 'inappropriate’
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/425900-graham-inappropriate-for-trump-to-cancel-pelosis-military-travel-for-troop
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #49 on: January 18, 2019, 12:37:15 am »
@Frank Cannon
@Victoria33

"100% Bullshit."  I don't respond to your (Cannon) posts, however you got this one right.  Your posts are "100% Bullshit", full of sexual connotations, disgusting direct sexual content, and every known filthy curse word.  In my opinion, you have no intrinsic value on this forum.

I don't understand the point of constantly insulting Victoria...I am asking politely for you to stop it.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34