Author Topic: Florida commissioner: Rep. Rashida Tlaib might 'blow up' Capitol, has 'no place in government'  (Read 878 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Florida commissioner: Rep. Rashida Tlaib might 'blow up' Capitol, has 'no place in government'
Christal Hayes, USA TODAY
Published 9:53 p.m. ET Jan. 15, 2019 | Updated 8:16 a.m. ET Jan. 16, 2019

WASHINGTON – A Florida city commissioner is under fire after calling Rep. Rashida Tlaib, who made history as one of the first Muslim members of Congress, a "danger" who might "blow up" the U.S. Capitol.

The comments were made by Annabelle Lima-Taub, a city commissioner in the south Florida city of Hallandale Beach, in the aftermath of Tlaib saying she wanted to "impeach that motherf----," a reference to President Donald Trump

Lima-Taub signed an online petition that aimed to remove Tlaib from office and wrote a message about Tlaib on her personal Facebook page, according to the South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

Read more at: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/01/15/rashida-tlaib-might-blow-up-capitol-florida-commissioner-says/2587934002/

:pondering:

Offline rustynail

What if she does it?

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
So what if she said that, doesn't she have the same freedom of speech to say outrageous offensive things as democrats? yeah I know......NO!

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Somewhat agree GT,

If people say that about a Palestinian, there's a bit of history behind it as to why. It could have been meant as an over-the-top statement (I don't personally think it was meant as hyperbole or rhetoric). It could have different purposes than merely being Islamophobic really. Outrageous, yes... but why do these things get said? There are a number of people who actually see things that way.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
The Muzzie probably would like to do it.  So what is the problem stating the obvious?

Besides Annabelle is kinda Hot.  The Muzzie is not.   
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
When a muslim who has been elected to the US Congress stands before the flag of Palestine, then I ask where do here loyalties rest?  Congress should ave her removed for this act alone.  Her oath is not worth the piece of trash she swore upon!

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
She was lying when she took her oath to protect and defend the Constitution. Taqqiya.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Frank Cannon

Good for Annabelle. I agree.