Author Topic: Key Justice Department officials, including Mueller deputy, knew about dossier by Byron York  (Read 465 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Key Justice Department officials, including Mueller deputy, knew about dossier
by Byron York
 | January 17, 2019 02:56 AM

Testimony last year before a House task force investigating the Trump-Russia affair confirmed that top Justice Department officials knew about the Trump dossier earlier than first thought, and that among those who knew was Andrew Weissmann, who went on to become the top deputy of special counsel Robert Mueller.

Bruce Ohr, the fourth-ranking official in the Justice Department, told the House task force that he met with Christopher Steele, the former British spy who wrote the dossier, at a Washington hotel on July 30, 2016. At that point, Steele, recruited for the job by Glenn Simpson of the opposition research firm Fusion GPS, had completed a few installments of the dossier, including the salacious and never-verified sex allegation featuring Donald Trump and prostitutes in a Moscow hotel. Ohr testified that shortly after meeting with Steele, "I wanted to provide the information he had given me to the FBI."

Ohr said he got in touch with Andrew McCabe, who was at the time the number-two man at the FBI. When Ohr went to McCabe's office to talk, FBI lawyer Lisa Page was also there. "So I provided the information to them," Ohr said. Ohr said he later talked to another top FBI official, Peter Strzok.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/key-doj-officials-mueller-knew-about-dossier
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34