Author Topic: Rand Paul: Donald Trump Pledged to End U.S. Wars in Syria, Afghanistan, Spend Wasted Resources at Ho  (Read 815 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Rand Paul: Donald Trump Pledged to End U.S. Wars in Syria, Afghanistan, Spend Wasted Resources at Home
Breitbart, Jan 16, 2019, Matthew Boyle

[...]

I’ve just come from the White House and we had a great meeting there. I tweeted out that I’ve never been prouder of the president and I don’t say that lightly. I’m not the kind to just say something is really great if it’s not. I really am proud of the president for making an argument that no president in recent history has made and that is that we have been at war too long in too many places and that he’s really going to make a difference.

This is the kind of stuff those of us who have seen the horror of war and see the horror of those who have lost limbs in war and war that has gone on and on and on. We live for the day that somebody will actually stand up and say ‘I’m going to change history.’ I think the president is that person—and I really am proud of him not only for saying that not only is he following through with his Syria policy but I really do think there will be changes in Afghanistan as well.

If you look at the polling data for the American people, I think the American people are with the president and they’re tired of both parties who are unwilling to stand up and say enough is enough. It’s time to spend some of that money at home. He mentioned how much money we spent in Afghanistan on gas stations, luxury hotels, and this and that—our country suffers. We need to be able to spend that money here at home.

More:  https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/01/16/rand-paul-donald-trump-pledged-to-end-u-s-wars-in-syria-afghanistan-spend-wasted-resources-at-home/

Offline Right_in_Virginia

The Senator just gave a live interview on FNC,  He made four points:

*  The people of the middle east have been killing each other for thousands of years, we're not going to stop it.

*  Our interventions backfire, citing the destabilization we caused with the removal of Saddam---pointing to the current alliance between Iraq and Iran.

*  We've eliminated 99% of ISIS.  Can't we now expect the countries of the Middle East to eliminate the remaining 1%?

*  Senator Graham is wrong on this.

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
When it comes down to it, the only parties benefiting from low-grade, perpetual 'war' are those at the receiving end of the bountiful revenue stream.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
While I agree with Sen Rand Paul about the president's willingness to end this middle east nonsense, there are some considerations.

My greatest fear is not ISIS, it is our own military industrial complex, who may just pull another JFK event, and take out the president.  History repeats itself!  The president should listen to those who I am sure are warning him that taking away tens if not hundreds of billions from the military/industrial complex is a formula for a short life.

The other thing is that we need to end this nonsense we have engaged in subsequent to WWII.  Forthwith, we need to embrace the notion of totally vanquishing enemies of the future.  What Bush did in Iraq and Afghanistan was weak and cowardly.  What Obama went forth and did was worse. 

The only thing I know about islam and the followers of islam is that murder is a key component of their beliefs.  They will continue to kill whoever they so desire, and next time, when they come our way, and they will, we need to totally vanquish all that are involved.  When we decided to vanquish the Germans and Japanese during WWII, we did not consider collateral damage.  We killed them in mass.  The Bush Doctrine lacks any intelligent thought. It is like American medicine, where they perpetuate therapies for life versus providing a sustainable cure.  Our politicians would rather support an endless war than totally vanquish an enemy.

God bless President Trump!

Offline Frank Cannon

My greatest fear is not ISIS, it is our own military industrial complex...

Lockheed Martin has more power in DC than actual elected officials.

Offline montanajoe

The people in the middle east, besides killing each other, have vowed to kill us all...we can fight them here or there...

We are involved in a multi-generational war with radical Islam anyone thinking that pulling out of the middle east will make that conflict go away is delusional... :shrug:

Offline jafo2010

True enough, but the leaders we have had in the past 30 years are simply not willing to destroy an enemy that remains intact after decades of token effort by the USA to address these enemies.  Had the same level of effort been used to deal with Germany and Japan in the 40s, the world would be a very different place today.

The Allies bombed cities and leveled them, not the least bit concerned about collateral damage.  The people in those cities were enemies supporting a military that would enslave the world.  Today, the muslims in Afghanistan fully supported the destruction of western civilization, and we have been concerned about collateral damage, reporting on it nightly versus having a focus of destroying an enemy.

Pick a number, I consider what the muslims did on 9/11 was 100 times worse than what Japan did on December 7, 1941.  And Bush's response mirrored his concern when he was first told America was under attack, to sit and do nothing.  Actually, Bush's first step was to ensure every member of the bin Laden family was safely transported out of the USA.  The betrayal of the American people continues daily, now with these moronic Democommies claiming walls do not work.  Say it often enough, people will believe, after all, that was all Obama did was lie to the American people and a large segment still think that maggot brought something to the party besides an empty suit!  Uggh!

Offline aligncare

True enough, but the leaders we have had in the past 30 years are simply not willing to destroy an enemy that remains intact after decades of token effort by the USA to address these enemies.  Had the same level of effort been used to deal with Germany and Japan in the 40s, the world would be a very different place today.

The Allies bombed cities and leveled them, not the least bit concerned about collateral damage.  The people in those cities were enemies supporting a military that would enslave the world.  Today, the muslims in Afghanistan fully supported the destruction of western civilization, and we have been concerned about collateral damage, reporting on it nightly versus having a focus of destroying an enemy.

Pick a number, I consider what the muslims did on 9/11 was 100 times worse than what Japan did on December 7, 1941.  And Bush's response mirrored his concern when he was first told America was under attack, to sit and do nothing.  Actually, Bush's first step was to ensure every member of the bin Laden family was safely transported out of the USA.  The betrayal of the American people continues daily, now with these moronic Democommies claiming walls do not work.  Say it often enough, people will believe, after all, that was all Obama did was lie to the American people and a large segment still think that maggot brought something to the party besides an empty suit!  Uggh!

Great posting.

I was stationed in Vietnam with the Air Force. I was proud of my service there. But, the time I visited Washington DC and the ‘wall’ I broke down at the sight of that powerful monument to the men and women who fought and died in Vietnam and began to ask myself, what had these Americans died for?

Now, years after we bugged out, I view Vietnam with a different attitude. My support for the war is gone, replaced by bitterness at what that war did to the American psyche, and how the war irrevocably changed society for the worse.

I pray for and am thankful for Donald Trump because he’s trying to change America’s foreign policy that uses Americans as fodder for Middle East interests.

Online libertybele

The Senator just gave a live interview on FNC,  He made four points:

*  The people of the middle east have been killing each other for thousands of years, we're not going to stop it.

*  Our interventions backfire, citing the destabilization we caused with the removal of Saddam---pointing to the current alliance between Iraq and Iran.

*  We've eliminated 99% of ISIS.  Can't we now expect the countries of the Middle East to eliminate the remaining 1%?

*  Senator Graham is wrong on this.

Well at least someone is willing to publicly known Graham's opinion down a few pegs.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline jafo2010

I agree aligncare.  Trump gets what this great nation should be, and I believe he is attempting to return this nation to what it once was.  And for Democommie hacks like Gov Cuomo in New York who stated 'America has never been great', what did he study in school, Fine Art?

Electing morons like Gov Cuomo is a large part of what is destroying this great nation.  If not for this GREAT NATION, most of the people in the world today would be under the thumb of fascism.  The ignorant popes, one after another that decry capitalism, would be dead or again subservient to a fascist regime if not for this GREAT CAPITALIST NATION.

Even Russia owes its freedom to the USA.  Sadly, anyone under 45 today is probably clueless as to why that is.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 04:55:35 am by jafo2010 »