Author Topic: The Forgotten Reason an F-22 or F-35 Is Superior to China's J-20 Stealth Fighter  (Read 364 times)

rangerrebew

The Forgotten Reason an F-22 or F-35 Is Superior to China's J-20 Stealth Fighter

“It’s about a network and that’s what gives us an asymmetrical advantage, so that why when I hear about an F-35 versus a J-20, it’s almost an irrelevant question.”

by Dave Majumdar

One area that the Chinese are almost certainly lacking is what Air Combat Command commander Gen. Herbert “Hawk” Carlisle once described to me as “spike management.” Fifth-generation aircraft such as the F-22 and F-35 have cockpit displays that indicate to the pilot the various angles and ranges from which their aircraft can be detected and tracked by various enemy radars.

“When we apply fifth-generation technology, it’s no longer about a platform, it’s about a family of systems,” Air Force chief of staff Gen. David Goldfein told reporters at the Pentagon on Aug. 10 . “It’s about a network and that’s what gives us an asymmetrical advantage, so that why when I hear about an F-35 versus a J-20, it’s almost an irrelevant question.”

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/buzz/forgotten-reason-f-22-or-f-35-superior-chinas-j-20-stealth-fighter-41632