Author Topic: Giuliani: 'I never said there was no collusion' between the Trump campaign and Russia  (Read 4252 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
His scope is anything he finds along the way, and anything that has to do with the election collusion, not just about Trump.

He obviously found out about Podesta along the way, or otherwise he wouldn't have been able to 'farm it out'.

And he 'farmed it out' because investigating it would have put it in the headlines, even though what Podesta and Flynn did were some of same things.

So why didn't he just pass Flynn along and avoided months of media hysteria? Because that's exactly what he wanted. Cohen and Manafort too.

I’d explain how he found out about Podesta, because he worked with Manafort and Gates as foreign agents for Ukraine that had nothing to do with the election and cover how he demonstrated Manafort’s finances related to collusion, which he proved to Judge Ellis. However, you seem unwilling to understand.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

I’d explain how he found out about Podesta, because he worked with Manafort and Gates as foreign agents for Ukraine that had nothing to do with the election and cover how he demonstrated Manafort’s finances related to collusion, which he proved to Judge Ellis. However, you seem unwilling to understand.

Then why go after Flynn and his associates so thoroughly and publicly for the very same thing?
The Republic is lost.

Offline edpc

Then why go after Flynn and his associates so thoroughly and publicly for the very same thing?

It wasn’t public, at all, because we found out many things that were not true, from rumor mills and printed stories. In fact, the entire narrative Flynn was pressured with FARA and his son was threatened was complete BS, dispelled by his attorney. Before there was an indictment, Flynn was already cooperating with Mueller. It’s one of the reasons he was recommended for zero jail time.

"He has cooperated extensively with several Department of Justice investigations, as detailed in the addendum to the Government's Memorandum in Aid of Sentencing," the defense's memo said. "As the Government has made clear, his cooperation was not grudging or delayed. Rather, it preceded his guilty plea or any threatened indictment and began very shortly after he was first contacted for assistance by the Special Counsel's Office."

https://www.businessinsider.com/flynn-sentencing-memo-reveals-extent-of-his-cooperation-with-officials-2018-12

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical

It wasn’t public, at all, because we found out many things that were not true, from rumor mills and printed stories. In fact, the entire narrative Flynn was pressured with FARA and his son was threatened was complete BS, dispelled by his attorney. Before there was an indictment, Flynn was already cooperating with Mueller. It’s one of the reasons he was recommended for zero jail time.

"He has cooperated extensively with several Department of Justice investigations, as detailed in the addendum to the Government's Memorandum in Aid of Sentencing," the defense's memo said. "As the Government has made clear, his cooperation was not grudging or delayed. Rather, it preceded his guilty plea or any threatened indictment and began very shortly after he was first contacted for assistance by the Special Counsel's Office."

https://www.businessinsider.com/flynn-sentencing-memo-reveals-extent-of-his-cooperation-with-officials-2018-12

And why not the exact same treatment for Podesta?
The Republic is lost.

Offline edpc

And why not the exact same treatment for Podesta?

Manafort was into crooked dealings years ago when Yanukovych was president of Ukraine. The Justice Department, under Holder, decided he wasn’t worth prosecuting after the Ukrainian president fled to Moscow. Nevertheless, Manafort decided to continue with his criminal ways. Who knows? Maybe Podesta will do the same dumb crap and find himself as a star witness against a bigger target some day.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical

Manafort was into crooked dealings years ago when Yanukovych was president of Ukraine. The Justice Department, under Holder, decided he wasn’t worth prosecuting after the Ukrainian president fled to Moscow. Nevertheless, Manafort decided to continue with his criminal ways. Who knows? Maybe Podesta will do the same dumb crap and find himself as a star witness against a bigger target some day.

I agree, it's very selective prosecuting.
The Republic is lost.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
I'll wait for articles to come out... I don't think this matter has been addressed, David French (NR) and others are addressing this tonight.

https://twitter.com/DavidAFrench

So, is there some new twist to Cohen's testimony?

President Trump Directed His Attorney To Lie To Congress About The Moscow Tower Project
Trump received 10 personal updates from Michael Cohen and encouraged a planned meeting with Vladimir Putin.

President Donald Trump directed his longtime attorney Michael Cohen to lie to Congress about negotiations to build a Trump Tower in Moscow, according to two federal law enforcement officials involved in an investigation of the matter.

Trump also supported a plan, set up by Cohen, to visit Russia during the presidential campaign, in order to personally meet President Vladimir Putin and jump-start the tower negotiations. “Make it happen,” the sources said Trump told Cohen.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/jasonleopold/trump-russia-cohen-moscow-tower-mueller-investigation

French:

David French
‏Verified account @DavidAFrench
28m28 minutes ago

This is a very important report. IF IT IS TRUE, this is evidence remarkably similar to evidence used to build the impeachment counts against Clinton and Nixon. Both Clinton and Nixon encouraged witnesses to make false statements under oath: https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/jasonleopold/trump-russia-cohen-moscow-tower-mueller-investigation …

French does qualify his statements "if true", so we will watch how this goes.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 03:59:04 am by TomSea »

Offline Frank Cannon

I'll wait for articles to come out... I don't think this matter has been addressed, David French (NR) and others are addressing this tonight.

David French is a stenographer for the Establishment and a dirty bleep.

Offline edpc

I agree, it's very selective prosecuting.

Perhaps, but Manafort knew he had been under FBI scrutiny. Despite that, he continued to launder money and commit bank fraud. Nobody forced him to do that or contact Kilimnik to provide polling information for who knows what. Most of the people that have come under scrutiny, related to Trump (Manafort, Papadopoulos, Page, Whitaker) have been recommended by Sam Clovis. You have to wonder about him, at some point.

Offline Frank Cannon

Perhaps, but Manafort knew he had been under FBI scrutiny. Despite that, he continued to launder money and commit bank fraud.

Yeah because it was an open secret that everyone was doing it without any problems. The Podestas were doing the exact same thing for years and never had issues. Last I heard they were still walking around free as a bird.

Offline edpc

Yeah because it was an open secret that everyone was doing it without any problems. The Podestas were doing the exact same thing for years and never had issues. Last I heard they were still walking around free as a bird.

As I’ve mentioned in this thread and others, you can ask Berman about that.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

What a disaster of an interview - again.
Hilarious.  Thanx for posting it.