Author Topic: Giuliani: 'I never said there was no collusion' between the Trump campaign and Russia  (Read 4250 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Giuliani: 'I never said there was no collusion' between the Trump campaign and Russia
By Michael Burke - 01/16/19 09:36 PM EST

President Trump's personal attorney, Rudy Giuliani, said Wednesday that he "never said there was no collusion" between the Trump campaign and Russia.

“I never said there was no collusion between the campaign. Or between people in the campaign," Giuliani said on CNN's "Cuomo Prime Time," after host Chris Cuomo said it was false to suggest there was no collusion between Trump's presidential campaign and the Kremlin.

Giuliani added that he has only said Trump, rather than his campaign, did not collude with the Russians.

"There is not a single bit of evidence the president of the United States committed the only crime you could commit here, conspired with the Russians to hack the [Democratic National Committee]," Giuliani said.

“The president did not collude with the Russians," he added.

DEVELOPING

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/425774-giuliani-i-never-said-there-was-no-collusion-between-the-campaign
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline RoosGirl

Who ties this guy's shoe laces for him?

Offline goodwithagun

Who ties this guy's shoe laces for him?

He never said he didn’t not tie his own shoe laces.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline RoosGirl

He never said he didn’t not tie his own shoe laces.

Hah, true enough.

Offline corbe

Chrissy would screw it up just as bad but without saying all the stupid $hit.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Sorry...

What a disaster of an interview - again. It’ll give you an Excedrin headache. The ‘I never said it’ defense is incredibly lame. He took the job as legal advisor, knowing it was the admin position there was no collusion by the campaign.

“The president’s campaign did not collude in any way,” White House Principal Deputy Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders told reporters. “I would certainly say Don Junior did not collude with anybody to influence the election. … Our position is that no one within the Trump campaign colluded in order to influence the election.”

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2017/07/10/wh_no_collusion_with_russia_by_trump_jr_or_campaign_134433.html

“There has been no evidence whatsoever that Donald Trump or the campaign was involved in any kind of collusion to fix the 2016 election. In fact the evidence is the opposite, that Hillary Clinton & the Democrats colluded with the Russians to fix the 2016 election.”
@GrahamLedger

8:22 AM · Aug 9, 2018 · Twitter for iPhone

https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1027545694201159680
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
I guess get back to me when they start going after John and Tony Podesta and other Democrats who've done the same or 10X worse for Hillary in '16 and haven't even been investigated.
The Republic is lost.

Offline edpc

I guess get back to me when they start going after John and Tony Podesta and other Democrats who've done the same or 10X worse for Hillary in '16 and haven't even been investigated.

Ask the Trump hand picked and appointed US Attorney Geoffrey Berman about Podesta. Mueller referred that case, along with former Obama counsel Greg Craig, to SDNY this past summer. He has no reason to recuse himself in either case.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2019, 12:32:05 pm by edpc »

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical

Ask the Trump hand picked and appointed US Attorney Geoffrey Berman about Podesta. Mueller referred that case, along with former Obama counsel Greg Craig, to SDNY this past summer. He has no reason to recuse himself in either case.

In other words, Mueller is only investigating Republicans and only those related to Trump.
The Republic is lost.

Offline edpc

In other words, Mueller is only investigating Republicans and only those related to Trump.

Makes sense, since the special counsel mandate said.....

'any links and/or coordination between the Russian government and individuals associated with the campaign of President Donald Trump.'

Make up your mind. Do you want him to stay within the scope, or not?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2019, 01:07:51 pm by edpc »

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
 Under the bus you go.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical

Makes sense, since the special counsel mandate said.....

'any links and/or coordination between the Russian government and individuals associated with the campaign of President Donald Trump.'

Make up your mind. Do you want him to stay within the scope, or not?

It also says 'ensure a full and thorough investigation of the Russian govemments efforts to interfere in the 2016 presidential election.'

You seem to be happy with Mueller going after any other alleged criminality that he stumbles across, but now want to sidestep if any of that might be related to Hillary.

So which is it?
The Republic is lost.

Offline edpc

It also says 'ensure a full and thorough investigation of the Russian govemments efforts to interfere in the 2016 presidential election.'

You seem to be happy with Mueller going after any other alleged criminality that he stumbles across, but now want to sidestep if any of that might be related to Hillary.

So which is it?

That’s part of the Concord investigation that everyone seems to think is so amusing. I give up, who else should he be investigating?

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical

That’s part of the Concord investigation that everyone seems to think is so amusing. I give up, who else should he be investigating?

Was the Clinton campaign not part of the '16 election? Did they not have some shady things going on there, including actions that could be construed as colluding with foreign govts, even Russia?

Wouldn't that be a bigger fish than the peripheral process crap that Mueller has nabbed Trump associates for so far?
The Republic is lost.

Offline edpc

Was the Clinton campaign not part of the '16 election? Did they not have some shady things going on there, including actions that could be construed as colluding with foreign govts, even Russia?

Wouldn't that be a bigger fish than the peripheral process crap that Mueller has nabbed Trump associates for so far?

Do you want to be specific about the ‘shady things’ or just stick with that? I mean, we know there was a meeting in Trump Tower with Russian representatives and campaign staff. So, what are you talking about?

Offline edpc

“I never said there was no collusion between the campaign. Or between people in the campaign," Giuliani said on CNN's "Cuomo Prime Time," after host Chris Cuomo said it was false to suggest there was no collusion between Trump's presidential campaign and the Kremlin.

Giuliani’s statement is demonstrably false. After his terrible interview on CNN this past July, he attempted to clean it up on Fox News. Between the 33:30 - 35:00 marks, he says there was no collusion by the campaign and is asked specifically about top members, including Manafort. Along with Manafort, Rudy is easily the worst personnel decision Trump has made.

Sorry...
« Last Edit: January 17, 2019, 10:19:44 pm by edpc »

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical

Do you want to be specific about the ‘shady things’ or just stick with that? I mean, we know there was a meeting in Trump Tower with Russian representatives and campaign staff. So, what are you talking about?

The entire Mueller investigation was based of a fake dossier hired out by the Clintons, about as weak and thin as it comes. Mueller has jumped at the slightest whiff of contacts with Russians three degrees removed.

Why exactly do you not want this to swerve into Hillary and her campaign dealings?
The Republic is lost.

Offline edpc

The entire Mueller investigation was based of a fake dossier hired out by the Clintons, about as weak and thin as it comes. Mueller has jumped at the slightest whiff of contacts with Russians three degrees removed.

Why exactly do you not want this to swerve into Hillary and her campaign dealings?

As the investigation has borne out, there have been multiple contacts between Russian figures and campaign members. There would be an investigation without the dossier. Don’t believe me? Fine - just ask the person Nunes though was the best to head up the House Intelligence Committee one, Trey Gowdy.

No-- not to me, it doesn't -- and I was pretty integrally involved in the drafting of it. There is a Russia investigation without a dossier. So to the extent the memo deals with the dossier and the FISA process, the dossier has nothing to do with the meeting at Trump Tower. The dossier has nothing to do with an email sent by Cambridge Analytica. The dossier really has nothing to do with George Papadopoulos' meeting in Great Britain. It also doesn't have anything to do with obstruction of justice. So there's going to be a Russia probe, even without a dossier.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2018/02/05/gowdy_there_is_a_russia_investigation_without_a_dossier.html#!

Why don’t you want to answer my question about who should be investigated and for what specific reason? My answer to your question would be because there’s nothing so far that demonstrates Clinton campaign members had direct interactions with Russian officials. The same cannot be said for the Trump campaign.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2019, 10:36:24 pm by edpc »

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical

As the investigation has borne out, there have been multiple contacts between Russian figures and campaign members. There would be an investigation without the dossier. Don’t believe me? Fine - just ask the person Nunes though was the best to head up the House Intelligence Committee one, Trey Gowdy.

No-- not to me, it doesn't -- and I was pretty integrally involved in the drafting of it. There is a Russia investigation without a dossier. So to the extent the memo deals with the dossier and the FISA process, the dossier has nothing to do with the meeting at Trump Tower. The dossier has nothing to do with an email sent by Cambridge Analytica. The dossier really has nothing to do with George Papadopoulos' meeting in Great Britain. It also doesn't have anything to do with obstruction of justice. So there's going to be a Russia probe, even without a dossier.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2018/02/05/gowdy_there_is_a_russia_investigation_without_a_dossier.html#!

Why don’t you want to answer my question about who should be investigated and for what specific reason? My answer to your question would be because there’s nothing so far that demonstrates Clinton campaign members had direct interactions with Russian officials. The same cannot be said for the Trump campaign.

If that's the bar you want to set for campaign contact with foreigners, then the Clinton campaign is ten levels past that. Obama too.

Again, why don't you want any of that investigated?
The Republic is lost.

Offline edpc

If that's the bar you want to set for campaign contact with foreigners, then the Clinton campaign is ten levels past that. Obama too.

Again, why don't you want any of that investigated?

Again, you have no example, so you have to deflect by insinuating I’m somehow providing cover. Her email server was not properly investigated and should be. However, that had nothing to do with election interference. Trump himself said there wouldn’t be a special counsel appointed. To him, ‘lock her up’ was just good campaign talk for the rallies.

Clinton, “I don’t want to hurt them, I don’t want to hurt them. They’re, they’re good people. I don’t want to hurt them. And I will give you a very, very good and definitive answer the next time we do 60 Minutes together.”

https://www.redstate.com/patterico/2016/11/14/trump-special-prosecutor-hillary-clintons-good-people-video/

Sorry...

He has a hell of a lot more influence over investigations than I’ll ever have. Why doesn’t he want things to swerve her way?

« Last Edit: January 17, 2019, 10:57:34 pm by edpc »

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
Again, you have no example,

The server, the Podestas, the Clinton Foundation, the claim by Putin he gave her mllions for her campiagn.

So then are you saying Mueller is Trump's puppet? That he's going to follow whatever Trump says? Then by that stnadard he should have stopped the investigation long ago.
The Republic is lost.

Offline edpc

The server, the Podestas, the Clinton Foundation, the claim by Putin he gave her mllions for her campiagn.

So then are you saying Mueller is Trump's puppet? That he's going to follow whatever Trump says? Then by that stnadard he should have stopped the investigation long ago.

I’ve already covered Podesta. Mueller referred that case to SDNY, since it was outside of his scope. I just discussed the server and Trump’s reluctance to investigate the Clintons. Feel free to return to the subject of the thread or STFU.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical

I’ve already covered Podesta. Mueller referred that case to SDNY, since it was outside of his scope. I just discussed the server and Trump’s reluctance to investigate the Clintons. Feel free to return to the subject of the thread or STFU.

But why didn't he investigate it, especially seeing that Flynn was accused of some of the same things? Oh that's right, then it would be front and center in the media. Much easier to bury it by passing it down the line.

And now we're getting to the heart of what the investigation really is.
The Republic is lost.

Offline edpc

But why didn't he investigate it, especially seeing that Flynn was accused of some of the same things? Oh that's right, then it would be front and center in the media. Much easier to bury it by passing it down the line.

And now we're getting to the heart of what the investigation really is.

Again, he didn’t investigate it BECAUSE IT WASN’T PART OF HIS SCOPE.

It was farmed out to SDNY, where the Trump appointed US Attorney Geoffrey Berman is free to charge him with the FARA violations and anything else Mueller passed along. You’ve been told this twice, now.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical

Again, he didn’t investigate it BECAUSE IT WASN’T PART OF HIS SCOPE.

It was farmed out to SDNY, where the Trump appointed US Attorney Geoffrey Berman is free to charge him with the FARA violations and anything else Mueller passed along. You’ve been told this twice, now.

His scope is anything he finds along the way, and anything that has to do with the election collusion, not just about Trump.

He obviously found out about Podesta along the way, or otherwise he wouldn't have been able to 'farm it out'.

And he 'farmed it out' because investigating it would have put it in the headlines, even though what Podesta and Flynn did were some of same things.

So why didn't he just pass Flynn along and avoided months of media hysteria? Because that's exactly what he wanted. Cohen and Manafort too.
The Republic is lost.