Author Topic: Trump’s burger fête was a masterpiece  (Read 779 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Trump’s burger fête was a masterpiece
« on: January 17, 2019, 12:24:23 am »
Trump’s burger fête was a masterpiece
The president not only ate a bunch of burgers, he just ate the Left’s lunch, again
Spectator USA, Jan 16, 2019, Roger Kimball

It wasn’t quite the Cena Trimalchionis, but the robust, non-sissy feast that the President of the United States laid on for the Clemson Tigers — the college football team that just won the national championship — would in its own way have been the envy of Petronius’s diners. No larks’ tongues, but plenty of Big Macs, Whoppers, French fries, and pizza, all served up on gleaming White House china with the condiment proffered from silver bowls.

Donald Trump paid for the repast himself — 1,000 hamburgers he said at one point, though fact checkers at the publicity arm of the Democratic National Committee said that there were probably no more than 300. Since FBI agents were in attendance, the matter was being referred to Special Counsel Robert Mueller for investigation.

The unusual catering arrangements were sparked by the make-believe government ‘shutdown.’ The usual staff were unavailable to perform their duty; the Democrats among them were presumably on a fact-finding mission to inspect lanky blondes in bikinis in Puerto Rico and other sunny climes.

The president joked that he had thought about having the First and Second Ladies prepare salad, but he knew that the Clemson athletes did not use Gillette products (in about a month no man who is not an interior decorator will) and that they would prefer burgers to tofu and spouts. Note that he was admirably ecumenical in his choice of victuals. Wendy’s, McDonald’s, Burger King; ‘If it’s American’, Trump said, ‘I like it.’ Looking over the the beefcakes for whom he ordered the beef, the President observed that ‘We have some very large people that like eating, so I think we’re going to have a little fun.’

More:  https://spectator.us/trump-burger-masterpiece/

Offline LMAO

Re: Trump’s burger fête was a masterpiece
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2019, 01:49:32 am »
Watching the left become unhinged on this so-called issue is why it’s getting harder and harder to even remotely take them seriously.

It’s incredible to watch how people can become programmed to become angry about things most consider trivial.. If he invited them and fed them burgers, they would become unhinged. If he didn’t invite them, the left would become unhinged.  If he invited them, and fed the team expensive grass fed roast beef, they would still bitch about it.

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2019, 05:52:33 am »
Well, he could have had it catered by Chic-fil-a  Then the "Village People" in DC would have just one more reason to have cartwheeling fits.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2019, 07:41:27 am »
What possible business is it of anyone outside the event to have a cow over the menu?

The guests liked it. Trump paid for it.

End of story. Never should have Been a story in the first place.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2019, 07:55:11 am »
What possible business is it of anyone outside the event to have a cow over the menu?

The guests liked it. Trump paid for it.

End of story. Never should have Been a story in the first place.
If anything, it should have been one of those feelgood human interest things, not something to bash the President over.

For a college kid to eat cheeseburgers at the White House, treat of the President?
That's a neat and unique experience these guys will talk about for the rest of their lives.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis