Author Topic: Ruth Bader Ginsburg unable to attend February speaking event in NYC, organizers say  (Read 4311 times)

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
Here's a scary thing.  I just read in a Red State article that the Supreme Court is postponing several critical cases ... I assume on the hope and expectation that Ruth will be around to rule on them.

"The court took no action on an unusually large number of pending petitions on significant issues, including President Trump’s efforts to shut down a program that shields some 700,000 young undocumented immigrants from deportation and to bar most transgender people from military service."

Sounds like in some of those cases a delay would serve the same purpose as an anti-Trump decision. A strong incentive for RGB to stay out indefinitely.

I think delaying cases is a courtesy to her, as there's nothing AFAIK that says she has to be present to vote, but if it unnecessarily delays time-sensitive votes there should be some reasonable limit on it...
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Sounds like in some of those cases a delay would serve the same purpose as an anti-Trump decision. A strong incentive for RGB to stay out indefinitely.

I think delaying cases is a courtesy to her, as there's nothing AFAIK that says she has to be present to vote, but if it unnecessarily delays time-sensitive votes there should be some reasonable limit on it...

I know.  Perhaps it is being done as a courtesy to Ruth but I suspect other motives.  Who determines the order in which cases are heard?  Is it Roberts?  If so, I'm not that surprised.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline dfwgator

I think news outlets prepare well in advance for the deaths of political figures. I wonder if it's true? :shrug:

You can bet they're itching to go with a Trump obit.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
You can bet they're itching to go with a Trump obit.

Oh, yeah, probably wrote it up in 2016 and have revised it daily ever since.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Well there is a rumour that I'm seeing on twitter that she has pneumonia. Granted it is a rumour so how true it is who knows.

I'd heard that too...couldn't find a legit news site to back it up.

But contracting pneumonia after a surgery like that is a very real risk along with blood clots.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online libertybele

I still think the time she has taken to recover really is minimal; it has only been about a month. I hope the rumors of pneumonia are not true as that would be a tough battle to fight after lung cancer surgery, especially at 85.  I wish her well.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline RetBobbyMI

I still think the time she has taken to recover really is minimal; it has only been about a month. I hope the rumors of pneumonia are not true as that would be a tough battle to fight after lung cancer surgery, especially at 85.  I wish her well.
Not to mention the broken ribs too.  Followed by the surgery and, if true, the subsequent pneumonia, it can't be good.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Not to mention the broken ribs too.  Followed by the surgery and, if true, the subsequent pneumonia, it can't be good.

Yep, Ruth is a tough old biddy and she's had serious health issues in the past.

I don't wish her death, just her retirement.

Offline RetBobbyMI

Yep, Ruth is a tough old biddy and she's had serious health issues in the past.

I don't wish her death, just her retirement.
I'm sure she'll retire in due time.  First she has to play out the remake of Weekend Forever at Bernie's.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Online corbe

Kavanagh was just a sprint compared to what Trump and (hopefully) Amy go through to replace RBG.  It will consume 8 months of political viciousness, at the least.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
  Kavanagh was just a sprint compared to what Trump and (hopefully) Amy go through to replace RBG.  It will consume 8 months of political viciousness, at the least.

Spirit?.  Twelve Dreams of Dr. Sardonicus.  It rocked.  Besides, it is natures way.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online libertybele

Spirit?.  Twelve Dreams of Dr. Sardonicus.  It rocked.  Besides, it is natures way.

SPIRIT was the very first concert that I went to!  Excellent song!!!!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqPEUIR5J3k

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
SPIRIT was the very first concert that I went to!  Excellent song!!!!

The only California I liked was Randy................
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.