Author Topic: Ruth Bader Ginsburg unable to attend February speaking event in NYC, organizers say  (Read 4310 times)

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
They say she can bench press 225. Give or take.

Looks more like 2X3lbs than 2X25.

:banghead:

My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline libertybele

Pneumonia after broken ribs and surgery on lungs ain’t a good prospect. Resign and worry more of your health than the job.

Pneumonia would be a common ailment after broken ribs and lung surgery.  No, not a good prospect.

She's not going to retire as long as she supposedly can work and vote from home.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
Pneumonia would be a common ailment after broken ribs and lung surgery.  No, not a good prospect.

She's not going to retire as long as she supposedly can work and vote from home.

Forget working or voting, she's not going to retire PERIOD. She could go into a coma on extreme life support for years and still hold her seat to the bitter end. With impeachment off the table the seat is hers literally for life.
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Offline RetBobbyMI

Forget working or voting, she's not going to retire PERIOD. She could go into a coma on extreme life support for years and still hold her seat to the bitter end. With impeachment off the table the seat is hers literally for life.
Welcome to Bernie’s Weekend Resort where weekends never end and the dead keep on living.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
There really should be some way to determine her fitness to serve.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline LegalAmerican

She will not retire.   And if she has lung cancer, she has two years tops.  It usually metastasizes to other parts of the body and is usually fast growing.

My father had the same thing, and he was given 2-3 months.  He prolonged his life for two years using shark cartilage, but quit using it and died two months later.

Trump gets to appoint a 3rd justice to the court, that is why the Dems are falling all over themselves to impeach him.  That is the single greatest fear they have.

With this third appointment, only then will America be able to right a wrong that seven fools made in the 70s.  For nearly 50 years, we have been practicing mass genocide under the guise of women's rights.  We are no different than the USSR/Russia in our contempt for life these days, and it is tragic.

When I think of Bader, I think of the movie Dave, where the president is kept alive on machines hidden away.

Agree, and when Rand Paul and TRUMP were talking before his inauguration,  Paul said, "well you will be able to appoint 2 Supreme Court justices".  And TRUMP SAID,  "TWO...WHY NOT FIVE?"    He is on the way..to five.   :patriot:

Offline corbe

Sure, she turned out to be a Bitch, don't they all? 
   She was once a beautiful women.
   Try and show just a little respect.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline RetBobbyMI

Just goes to show...be careful what you marry into.
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline mountaineer

I certainly have empathy for her medical issues and wouldn't wish her problems on anyone. She should resign, though, as her continued absence does not serve the interests of justice.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!

I don't respect a justice who subverts the Constitution and looks to the euroweenies for legal precedent.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline LadyLiberty

“Post-surgery evaluation indicates no evidence of remaining disease, and no further treatment is required,” Supreme Court public information officer Kathy Arberg said in a statement.......

"No further treatment required" is more than likely a way to spin "there's nothing else we can do for her."

Offline austingirl

Have there been any more sightings of her since she left her apartment a week or so ago? Proof of life is needed.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
"No further treatment required" is more than likely a way to spin "there's nothing else we can do for her."
Absolutely. 'No further treatment' is a medical death sentence. From then they go on to crazy doses of pain meds, which don't always work at the end btw. And then that is all there is.

I'm sorry. Maybe I am being too brutal. I don't laugh at RBG because she is dying. I wouldn't do that. I laugh at the way the media furiously tries to cover it up, when it is so completely blatantly obvious to everyone.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Absolutely. 'No further treatment' is a medical death sentence. From then they go on to crazy doses of pain meds, which don't always work at the end btw. And then that is all there is.

I thought it was understood that for some people with terminal diseases they just give them fatal doses of pain meds and a "wink wink nudge nudge"?

Offline RetBobbyMI

I thought it was understood that for some people with terminal diseases they just give them fatal doses of pain meds and a "wink wink nudge nudge"?
If they are in hospice care based on a terminal diagnosis they MAY give meds for symptoms such as pain. Severe pain may require more narco drugs to ease the pain. Given that no one has said wether RBG is in hospice care. Inpatient hospice under Medicare is only for 3 days. Of course outpatient can be longer but still requires a terminal diagnosis.

Offline libertybele

The article indicates that no other signs of cancer have been found.

However, "post-surgery, there was no evidence of any remaining disease. Scans performed before surgery indicated no evidence of disease elsewhere in the body. Currently, no further treatment is planned," Arberg said.....

.....One doctor unconnected to the case said that, based on what has been communicated so far, Ginsburg's prognosis looks "great."

"She has no evidence of disease anywhere else and appears to be grossly cancer free," said Dr. Raja Flores, chair and professor of thoracic surgery at Mount Sinai Health System in New York City.

"If this is spread from the pancreas then this appears to be very slowly moving, since her pancreatic surgery was a decade ago. She should do fine," he said. "She should be back at work soon."

Its a wait and see.  I'm not a doctor, but it would seem if she doesn't make an appearance by the end of February, (appx. 10 weeks after surgery) I'd say there's more going on with her health.

https://consumer.healthday.com/cancer-information-5/lung-cancer-news-100/justice-ruth-bader-ginsburg-released-from-hospital-after-lung-surgery-740934.html

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline dfwgator

But she's in the new Lego Movie.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
But she's in the new Lego Movie.

Perfect.  Her rulings are like lego blocks.  When they are left out by your kids and you step on them barefooted in the dark on the way to the bathroom to take a piss....they hurt like hell.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 12:04:46 am by The Ghost »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline libertybele

Perfect.  Her rulings are like lego blocks.  When they are left out by your kids and you step on them barefooted in the dark on the way to the bathroom to take a piss....they hurt like hell.

Indeed. My grandson who is 8 is like the "king of Lego building".  We got him started building Legos when he was only 2.  Without help he builds sets that are geared for 9-12 and on up.  His latest set was over 1100 pieces and we have 3 book shelves full of Lego sets sitting on his shelf in his room for when he comes over.  Legos develop confidence and instill pride and a sense of accomplishment.  His parents went through a divorce and I'm convinced Legos have been his "therapy".

I am a Lego grandma!
« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 12:13:46 am by libertybele »

Offline RetBobbyMI

Lego my eggos

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Here's a scary thing.  I just read in a Red State article that the Supreme Court is postponing several critical cases ... I assume on the hope and expectation that Ruth will be around to rule on them.

"The court took no action on an unusually large number of pending petitions on significant issues, including President Trump’s efforts to shut down a program that shields some 700,000 young undocumented immigrants from deportation and to bar most transgender people from military service."
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Here's a scary thing.  I just read in a Red State article that the Supreme Court is postponing several critical cases ... I assume on the hope and expectation that Ruth will be around to rule on them.

"The court took no action on an unusually large number of pending petitions on significant issues, including President Trump’s efforts to shut down a program that shields some 700,000 young undocumented immigrants from deportation and to bar most transgender people from military service."
That is just the super-uber-government seizing control. We own the media, we own the news, we own the courts, we own the colleges,....we own you!

The fake government we see is nothing. It is a shadow. And now the real guys feel that it is time to stop pretending.
It is a concerted campaign of chaos and disruption in everything in every way. The more we tear it all down and burn it to the ground, the better it is for the Leftists.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline austingirl

Accidental graphic on Fox and Friends saying RBG is dead.  888mouth
Screen grab at link.

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/fox-friends-apologizes-for-accidental-graphic-saying-ruth-bader-ginsburg-is-dead/

Fox & Friends apologized on Monday after briefly airing a graphic suggesting that Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg is dead.

As the show came back from commercials, they briefly showed a graphic of Ginsburg with the caption 1933-2019. The image was on screen for only a brief period of time before it was dismissed for Ainsley Earhardt‘s upcoming interview on campus culture....

Offline libertybele

Accidental graphic on Fox and Friends saying RBG is dead.  888mouth
Screen grab at link.

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/fox-friends-apologizes-for-accidental-graphic-saying-ruth-bader-ginsburg-is-dead/

Fox & Friends apologized on Monday after briefly airing a graphic suggesting that Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg is dead.

As the show came back from commercials, they briefly showed a graphic of Ginsburg with the caption 1933-2019. The image was on screen for only a brief period of time before it was dismissed for Ainsley Earhardt‘s upcoming interview on campus culture....

??  Why would a news network even create such a graphic?? That doesn't even make sense, unless she indeed has passed and they are waiting for permission from the family to go live with the information.

Offline austingirl

??  Why would a news network even create such a graphic?? That doesn't even make sense, unless she indeed has passed and they are waiting for permission from the family to go live with the information.

I think news outlets prepare well in advance for the deaths of political figures. I wonder if it's true? :shrug: