Author Topic: Ruth Bader Ginsburg unable to attend February speaking event in NYC, organizers say  (Read 4309 times)

Offline libertybele

Ok...so surgey around Dec. 21st and the event is supposed to take place around Feb. 6.  So that date marks about 6 week recovery period which is normal, especially at her age.  If she still doesn't make an appearance by end of March,  I'd say that she won't be coming back.  We shall see.

Ruth Bader Ginsburg unable to attend February speaking event in NYC, organizers say

Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg backed out of a scheduled appearance next month at the 92nd Street Y while she continues to recover from a recent early-stage lung cancer surgery, the organization said Wednesday.

The announcement came less than a month before the Feb. 6 event was set to be held.

“Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg regrets that she is unable to attend the talk with David Rubenstein at 92Y on February 6,” the organization said in a statement. “She is curtailing travel and focusing on her work while recuperating from recent surgery. We are working to secure a new date, and will be sure to let you know as soon as the event is rescheduled.”

The 85-year-old justice has missed recent court sessions and instead has been working from home, the court announced Friday — adding that her surgery recovery remained “on track.”

“Post-surgery evaluation indicates no evidence of remaining disease, and no further treatment is required,” Supreme Court public information officer Kathy Arberg said in a statement.......

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ruth-bader-ginsburg-unable-to-attend-february-speaking-event-in-nyc-organizers-say
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 10:40:32 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
That's an encouraging outlook as far as it goes, but even if she can't come back I have little hope that she'll retire. If you think McCain hung on to the bitter end, you ain't seen nuthin' yet...
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
That's an encouraging outlook as far as it goes, but even if she can't come back I have little hope that she'll retire. If you think McCain hung on to the bitter end, you ain't seen nuthin' yet...

I'm afraid you're right.

As little as I'd wish death by cancer on anyone, I'd love to see her just step back and quit tossing monkey wrenches into our Justice System.

Please pack it in RBG, and enjoy your family.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2019, 12:27:20 am by To-Whose-Benefit? »
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Haha she is dead and cold.
Anyone who thinks differently is crazy as hell.

When will we actually SEE her next? My guess is in her coffin.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline RetBobbyMI

Did anyone see her being walked n the beach in PR with Manendez?
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline LegalAmerican

Haha she is dead and cold.
Anyone who thinks differently is crazy as hell.

When will we actually SEE her next? My guess is in her coffin.

Some say she is already dead.  I can believe that.   Who are all the anti-Americans in our system? 

McCain, Ruth, Pelosi, Schumer, et all?   They don't care what OATH they take, do they?  It is supposed to be for Americans...NOT THEMSELVES!   

Offline LegalAmerican

I'm afraid you're right.

As little as I'd wish death by cancer on anyone, I'd love to see her just step back and quit tossing monkey wrenches into our Justice System.

Please pack it in RBG, and enjoy your family.

................... :thumbsup:

Offline LegalAmerican

I am sure the NEXT S. C.  is already picked.  She will NOT recover.  No treatment because she is filled with cancer.  That is the only reason, not to give treatment when cancer is FOUND. 

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
The last sight of her was getting in her car. Where did she go? I'd like to see proof of life.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Frank Cannon

Reports are saying that RBG is so healthy that her funeral director had trouble getting her out of the hearse because of her solid muscle mass.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
The last sight of her was getting in her car. Where did she go? I'd like to see proof of life.

I can't find my
 "weekend at Ginsburgs" meme .   Can anyone help a brother out.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Frank Cannon

I can't find my
 "weekend at Ginsburgs" meme .   Can anyone help a brother out.

Borrow mine....

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

Offline kevindavis007

Something tells me that she is truly not well.  I think her condition is truly worse than what is being reported.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline libertybele

Something tells me that she is truly not well.  I think her condition is truly worse than what is being reported.

There may be absolutely no signs of cancer left and the surgery may have been a success, but she had two cancerous nodules removed from a lobe in her lung at age 85!  Recovery from surgery is normally 4-6 weeks.  So, it's been roughly 5 weeks from surgery, going into February would be about 8 weeks.  I don't think the time that she's needed to recover is out of the ordinary. However, there are other considerations.

Anesthesia in the elderly (over the age of 65) can take its toll both physically and mentally.  Her cognitive ability may have been affected (postoperative cognitive dysfunction (POCD) which would certainly keep her from returning to her normal functions.

Certain conditions affect the elderly's chances of POCD and lung cancer is one of them.

Surgery may have weakened her physically and she may have had to undergo some type of rehabilitative therapy.

She may not return, but as others have stated in here, she won't step down before 2020.

https://www.asahq.org/whensecondscount/preparing-for-surgery/risks/age/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5730906/
« Last Edit: January 17, 2019, 01:56:02 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Amazing that Catholics and Jews can agree on one single thing.
F**k You! I want power goddamit!
We shall see how long this unguided lust for power lasts?
Short sighted sombitches. If I was a Democrat, which I am not, I could do so much better than them.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline kevindavis007

Well there is a rumour that I'm seeing on twitter that she has pneumonia. Granted it is a rumour so how true it is who knows.

Offline RetBobbyMI

Pneumonia after broken ribs and surgery on lungs ain’t a good prospect. Resign and worry more of your health than the job.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline kevindavis007

Pneumonia after broken ribs and surgery on lungs ain’t a good prospect. Resign and worry more of your health than the job.

Pneumonia at her age is no good regardless. Again that is just a rumour. She should resign.

Offline Wingnut

Offline LegalAmerican

THAT...is what a decent person would do.  NOT RBG.  Full of hate & spite. Should have retired 10 years ago!

Online jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
She will not retire.   And if she has lung cancer, she has two years tops.  It usually metastasizes to other parts of the body and is usually fast growing.

My father had the same thing, and he was given 2-3 months.  He prolonged his life for two years using shark cartilage, but quit using it and died two months later.

Trump gets to appoint a 3rd justice to the court, that is why the Dems are falling all over themselves to impeach him.  That is the single greatest fear they have.

With this third appointment, only then will America be able to right a wrong that seven fools made in the 70s.  For nearly 50 years, we have been practicing mass genocide under the guise of women's rights.  We are no different than the USSR/Russia in our contempt for life these days, and it is tragic.

When I think of Bader, I think of the movie Dave, where the president is kept alive on machines hidden away.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 07:44:03 am by jafo2010 »

Offline rustynail

Just a scheduling conflict.  She is to run in a mini-marathon those days.

Offline mountaineer

Reports are saying that RBG is so healthy that her funeral director had trouble getting her out of the hearse because of her solid muscle mass.
They say she can bench press 225. Give or take.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org