Author Topic: Nancy Pelosi uninvites Trump from the State of the Union until the shutdown is over  (Read 3383 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2019/1/16/18185226/nancy-pelosi-state-of-the-union-shutdown

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi has uninvited President Donald Trump from delivering the State of the Union address because of the partial government shutdown, saying that because of security concerns, it would be better to wait until the government has reopened, or for Trump to submit it in writing.

In a letter to Trump on Wednesday, Pelosi delivered the news that she wants to postpone the address from its preplanned January 29 date and work with the president to “determine another suitable date,” or for the president to deliver it in writing. Trump and Congress have been at an impasse for weeks over his refusal to sign a government funding bill unless it includes $5.7 billion for the construction of some 200 miles of wall at the US-Mexico border, and Pelosi said she’s looking to reschedule Trump’s speech once that issue is settled and the government is back up and running.

More at link.

Any day I don't have to hear President Trump butcher the English language and insult my intelligence is a good day.  God Bless you Speaker Pelosi.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Not an entirely accurate headline. She didn’t formally rescind the invitation.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline libertybele

He can still address the nation about the State of the Union.  He can give Nancy the middle finger and continue on.  He is the President of the United States.  Pack sand Nancy.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2019/1/16/18185226/nancy-pelosi-state-of-the-union-shutdown

More at link.

Any day I don't have to hear President Trump butcher the English language and insult my intelligence is a good day.  God Bless you Speaker Pelosi.

Well, you don't have to listen to Trump; obviously you have that option.  Praising ANYONE who is hell bent on destroying the sovereignty of this country is shameful and I question your reasoning and logic.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Frank Cannon

LOL. Vox spinning lies being peddled by the Gellette crowd. This is effing priceless!!!!

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,347886.msg1891167.html#msg1891167

“Sadly given the security concerns and unless government re-opens this week, I suggest that we work together to determine another suitable date after government has re-opened for this address or for you to consider delivering State of the Union address in writing to the Congress on January 29th,”

Offline Victoria33

The latest I just heard at 5:10 pm, central time, is, the White House/Trump has been quiet and not responding to anything today.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
The latest I just heard at 5:10 pm, central time, is, the White House/Trump has been quiet and not responding to anything today.

So you are posting nothing about nothing? 

Top Notch use of electrons.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline edpc

He’s too busy eating 700 hamburgers.

With much of the government shut down, the President paid for the food himself. He initially told reporters that the spread included “300 hamburgers” but later told the players he had sent out for “about 1,000 hamburgers.”

https://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-trump-fast-food-20190114-story.html

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
He can still address the nation about the State of the Union.  He can give Nancy the middle finger and continue on.  He is the President of the United States.  Pack sand Nancy.

Ok so he does what Presidents used to do...and submit a letter to Congress.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline skeeter

That was before the age of radio.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

That was before the age of radio.
@txradioguy

You remember radio.   wink777

Offline edpc

Based on his handwriting and signature, I think I’ve found an early draft of the speech.....

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
@txradioguy

I was the first DJ that Marconi ever hired.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline skeeter

@txradioguy

Yes I do - invisible airwaves crackle with life.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

"When airwaves swing, distant voices sing."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Wingnut

I was the first DJ that Marconi ever hired.

"When airwaves swing, distant voices sing."

You three geezers do remember the 1st song played by a VJ on MTV?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 11:51:58 pm by The Ghost »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
You two geezers do remember the 1st song played by a VJ on MTV?

Mark Goodman kicked things off with Video Killed the Radio Star by The Buggles...second song was You Better Run from Pat Benetar

Online Wingnut

Mark Goodman kicked things off with Video Killed the Radio Star by The Buggles...second song was You Better Run from Pat Benetar

Correctomundo!  888high58888

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

He should do that.

Online Right_in_Virginia

Give a damn rest.

Online Wingnut

Offline edpc

Give a damn rest.

OK, but only because you asked nicely.     :patriot: :smokin: :tongue2:
« Last Edit: January 17, 2019, 12:11:27 am by edpc »

Offline Frank Cannon

So you are posting nothing about nothing? 

Top Notch
use of electrons.

I believe you are violating copy-writes using that term the way you are using it. 

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
 :pondering:

If he is prevented from giving an oral address, doesn't that mean there can be no "equal time" speeches?"

:pondering:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

With much of the government shut down, the President paid for the food himself. He initially told reporters that the spread included “300 hamburgers” but later told the players he had sent out for “about 1,000 hamburgers.”

https://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-trump-fast-food-20190114-story.html

It is Hamburders and they are always washed down with covfefe.