Author Topic: Pence declares 'ISIS has been defeated' on the same day as deadly Syria attack  (Read 742 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/16/politics/pence-isis-defeated/index.html

(CNN)On the same day that an ISIS-claimed attack killed US service members in Syria, Vice President Mike Pence declared that "the caliphate has crumbled and ISIS has been defeated."

Pence's remark to the Global Chiefs of Mission conference at the US State Department came about an hour after the US-led coalition confirmed that American troops had been killed in an explosion in Manbij.

"U.S. service members were killed during an explosion while conducting a routine patrol in Syria today. We are still gathering information and will share additional details at a later time," the tweet from Operation Inherent Resolve said.

ISIS claimed responsibility for the attack, which the ISIS-affiliated Amaq agency said was carried out by a suicide bomber with an explosive vest.

More at link.

You gotta wonder what moron is briefing VP Pence on security?...

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/19/us/politics/trump-syria-turkey-troop-withdrawal.html
Trump to Withdraw U.S. Forces From Syria, Declaring ‘We Have Won Against ISIS’

:thud:

Mission Accomplished!!!
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 07:36:53 pm by Once-Ler »

Offline kevindavis007

Oops..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline Applewood

Didn't Trump also declare ISIS has been defeated a while back?  I keep hearing that's a reason for pulling our troops out of Syria, Afghanistan and/or Iraq. 

Honestly, I don't think the US has any desire to win any war these days.  The last major war won by the allies was WWII (Grenada and the first Gulf War don't count).  The US goes  into a war, fools around for years, then leaves.  Meanwhile, so many of our young men and women are killed. 

Yes, I get it that trying to defeat global terrorism is almost impossible simply because it is global.  These terror groups are all over the world now.  But it seems to me we don't even try. 

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Didn't Trump also declare ISIS has been defeated a while back?  I keep hearing that's a reason for pulling our troops out of Syria, Afghanistan and/or Iraq. 

Honestly, I don't think the US has any desire to win any war these days.  The last major war won by the allies was WWII (Grenada and the first Gulf War don't count).  The US goes  into a war, fools around for years, then leaves.  Meanwhile, so many of our young men and women are killed. 

Yes, I get it that trying to defeat global terrorism is almost impossible simply because it is global.  These terror groups are all over the world now.  But it seems to me we don't even try.

Oh, cute kitty picture again.  I think it is a mistake to leave Syria now.  Liberals want us out.  Someone told me the other day that America is evil.  We're evil for fighting demons like ISIS.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
It's interesting, despite those who put our country down, abroad and here,

For the most part, those in that area of Syria want us to stay, Poland and Brazil have welcomed discussions of bases in those countries. Let's not go overboard but we may not be as hated as people would like us to believe.

Syria is touchy because again, Turkey is a Nato ally. More on all of this in the world news forum.

I can't believe that basketballer Kanter from Turkey but playing in the USA, Turkey is seeking to get him extradited. That really says how silly tthat country is.  A sports figure says something you don't like, so you dream up stuff on him and want to put him in prison? Ridiculous.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
It's interesting, despite those who put our country down, abroad and here,

For the most part, those in that area of Syria want us to stay, Poland and Brazil have welcomed discussions of bases in those countries. Let's not go overboard but we may not be as hated as people would like us to believe.

Syria is touchy because again, Turkey is a Nato ally. More on all of this in the world news forum.

I can't believe that basketballer Kanter from Turkey but playing in the USA, Turkey is seeking to get him extradited. That really says how silly tthat country is.  A sports figure says something you don't like, so you dream up stuff on him and want to put him in prison? Ridiculous.

Well the America is evil comment was in relation to people from Honduras coming here.  Basically the person was saying its because of what we did to their country.  "we did it"  "we are evil". (Hillary bombed Honduras?)  I didn't want to continue the conversation.  But I thought to myself I bet there are many, many, many immigrants that would say otherwise.  And liberal talking points are that we are a country of immigrants.  Yes we are and they can't wait to come to our evil country.  LOL!
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.