Author Topic: Think Progress Writer Was Quite Upset a Concealed-Carrying Woman Killed Her Armed Mugger  (Read 612 times)

rangerrebew

Think Progress Writer Was Quite Upset a Concealed-Carrying Woman Killed Her Armed Mugger

BY: Alex Griswold

January 15, 2019 3:02 pm

The Twitter ratio du jour comes to us courtesy of ThinkProgress reporter Zack Ford. The tweet is now deleted, but when I took a screenshot it was sitting at whopping 50 Ioffes.

I will note now that Ford apologized in a multi-tweet thread. I want to breakdown his initial tweets anyway, and not because it means mocking a liberal, or because I have a daily post quota. Those are only, like, 90 percent of my motivation for this blog post. The other reason is that as with most Bad Tweets, I think the mindset and line of thinking that led to the the tweet is more instructive than the final product.

https://freebeacon.com/blog/think-progress-writer-was-quite-upset-a-concealed-carrying-woman-killed-her-armed-mugger/

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Think knee jerk leftist....another one. They're everywhere!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline goatprairie

I don't know how many times over the years I've read stories about women killed by strangers but often by revenge-seeking ex-husbands/boy friends who stalked them and then killed them often on the steps of courthouses after the women had just been granted a divorce/separation.
And often (worthless) restraining orders had been issued to "protect" the woman from her ex husband/boy friend, but in the end proved useless.
So it's gratifying to read that some women are refusing to be victims and rejecting the liberal media's hatred of guns.
The lib media naturally usually tries to keep all stories about females (or anybody else) successfully defending themselves with firearms out of the news.
Hopefully, more females get armed and learn how to keep themselves safe. Nothing is perfect, but few women have a chance physically against a male. A gun is a great equalizer.