Author Topic: Understanding Why the Deep State Had to Take Down General Michael Flynn  (Read 1138 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
January 16, 2019
Understanding Why the Deep State Had to Take Down General Michael Flynn
By Frank Hawkins

Does the American public really understand what happened to Lt. Gen. Michael T. Flynn?  Highlights of the case have been thoroughly exploited by the shallow, left-leaning media as a convenient avenue to attack President Trump.  But important elements of the story remain largely buried from public view.

The tragic political demise of this distinguished general who was President Trump's initial national security adviser, one of the key jobs in the White House, has been well documented.  Former FBI director James Comey and the now disgraced upper echelon of the FBI and, subsequently, Special Counsel Robert Mueller maliciously trapped him, resulting in his ultimate prosecution and pleading guilty to lying to the FBI.  Not only did Flynn lose an important and influential job in the White House, but they also bankrupted him with legal fees; threatened his family; and, worst of all, damaged the good name of a highly decorated military professional who served his country honorably and with distinction as a member of the American Intelligence Community.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2019/01/understanding_why_the_deep_state_had_to_take_down_general_michael_flynn_.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Understanding Why the Deep State Had to Take Down General Michael Flynn
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2019, 10:00:02 pm »
Yep!  That about covers it and the sad part is that the bastards have gotten away with doing it!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2019, 01:40:55 am »
I'm wondering jut why no one here seems a bit interested in this VERY important article.

@Sanguine @Smokin Joe @skeeter @Sighlass @Right_in_Virginia @the_doc

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2019, 02:25:26 am »
I'm wondering jut why no one here seems a bit interested in this VERY important article.

Thanks for the ping--I hadnt seen this. There are few surprises in the article though. Flynn was a victim of the Coney Mueller Rosenstein witch hunt, and it is no surprise that these dedicated Obama holdovers are doing all they can to weaken the present administration. Nor is it surprising to hear about Brennan having a part in this. Agency personnel shifted jobs when Brennan was made DCI, just to survive--had they retained other positions, they would have suffered a similar fate to Flynn, being set up and taken down because they were not on beard with the sedition.

Considering Comey and Mueller had a long record of prosecuting and pursuing the wrong people as suspects (Anthrax case, 2001, e.g.), it is little surprise that they set rhetorical traps for people, and it is a shame that Flynn got caught in one.

They are from the Janet Reno school of pushing false prosecutions, like Reno did in Florida. What is right matters nothing, they use the color of their authority to persecute those who are targeted for political expediency/gain. Flynn still knows what he knows, and if ever the emphasis is finally shifted to the crimes of those in the Obama administration still would be a valuable witness or consultant to have around.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2019, 02:28:48 am »
Thanks for the ping--I hadnt seen this. There are few surprises in the article though. Flynn was a victim of the Coney Mueller Rosenstein witch hunt, and it is no surprise that these dedicated Obama holdovers are doing all they can to weaken the present administration. Nor is it surprising to hear about Brennan having a part in this. Agency personnel shifted jobs when Brennan was made DCI, just to survive--had they retained other positions, they would have suffered a similar fate to Flynn, being set up and taken down because they were not on beard with the sedition.

Considering Comey and Mueller had a long record of prosecuting and pursuing the wrong people as suspects (Anthrax case, 2001, e.g.), it is little surprise that they set rhetorical traps for people, and it is a shame that Flynn got caught in one.

They are from the Janet Reno school of pushing false prosecutions, like Reno did in Florida. What is right matters nothing, they use the color of their authority to persecute those who are targeted for political expediency/gain. Flynn still knows what he knows, and if ever the emphasis is finally shifted to the crimes of those in the Obama administration still would be a valuable witness or consultant to have around.

And if that is allowed to stand this country,  as we have known it, is well and truly done for.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2019, 02:49:14 am »

I read it and was amazed. I have no comment though, because there’s been so much that has come out regarding Obama, Hillary, the left; so much unethical, likely illegal and dangerous behavior but  I have no confidence that there’ll be any consequence whatsoever.

Meanwhile we throw our own over because of their choice of words. It’s demoralizing.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2019, 03:27:49 am »
@skeeter

That it is!  Very much so but we MUST fight on!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2019, 07:30:30 am »

To be honest because I am sorely lacking on insight on him to comment without proving how ignorant on the history of this man I am. I seem to recall he made some pro-keeping gays/trans in the military statements at one time that I didn't approve of. But I often come to a subject hoping yall will give me insight in areas I lack.

Thanks for the ping... but I can't intelligently add to the conversation. Please forgive.

@Bigun
« Last Edit: January 17, 2019, 07:31:17 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2019, 01:17:19 pm »

I agree this is VERY important @Bigun   I posted the article earlier and it received zero interest  :shrug:

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,347880.0.html

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2019, 04:22:34 pm »
@Bigun, I've been following this very closely.  Just didn't have time to comment on this thread. 

Yes, this is big - record-setting even.

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2019, 07:27:56 pm »

It’s interesting that neither Flynn nor Seb Gorka commented on Twitter about the article.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2019, 09:36:31 pm »
If the dossier matter ever gets investigated, I hope Flynn is the first one they reach out to.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2019, 10:09:25 pm »
If the dossier matter ever gets investigated, I hope Flynn is the first one they reach out to.

They've got something else on him.  I don't understand why he has maintained his silence.

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2019, 01:49:15 am »
They've got something else on him.  I don't understand why he has maintained his silence.
Threats of prosecution against his family members?
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2019, 02:34:17 am »

The goobermint has one hellof a lot more money and Lawyers than he does!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2019, 02:38:18 am »
To be honest because I am sorely lacking on insight on him to comment without proving how ignorant on the history of this man I am. I seem to recall he made some pro-keeping gays/trans in the military statements at one time that I didn't approve of. But I often come to a subject hoping yall will give me insight in areas I lack.

Thanks for the ping... but I can't intelligently add to the conversation. Please forgive.

@Bigun

Flynn's been a registered Democrat and according to this article, seems to adhere to their views.

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/michael-w-chapman/possible-trump-vp-lt-gen-michael-flynn-supports-abortion-and-okay-gay

I think his son has been involved in Flynn's deal making or maybe better said, lobbying. I thought at one time, people suggested Flynn was taking flak so his son would not get in trouble.

@Sighlass

Father and Son. Both Flynns have for months been subjects of the Mueller investigation. The elder Flynn, an Army lieutenant general, was pushed out as head of the Defense Intelligence Agency in 2014 and retired from the military. He then founded a lobbying firm, Flynn Intel Group, where his son worked closely with him.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/mueller-has-enough-evidence-bring-charges-flynn-investigation-n817666

https://heavy.com/news/2016/07/general-michael-flynn-michael-t-flynn-vice-president-donald-trump-runningmate-short-list-republican-national-convention-lori-wife-children-family-isis-obama-clinton-radical-islam-muslim-rational-iraq/
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 02:39:59 am by TomSea »