Author Topic: O’Rourke Questions Relevance of the Constitution: ‘Does This Still Work?’  (Read 1938 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

O’Rourke Questions Relevance of the Constitution: ‘Does This Still Work?’
Asks whether U.S. can 'still be managed by the same principles that were set down 230-plus years ago?'

BY: Andrew Kugle   Follow @AndrewJKugle
January 16, 2019 9:41 am

Former congressman and failed Senate candidate Robert Francis (Beto) O'Rourke questioned the relevance of the United States Constitution in a recent interview with the Washington Post.

In the interview published Tuesday, The Texas Democrat went back and forth on both believing the country is capable and incapable of change.

Throughout the two-hour interview — which was often interrupted by bystanders urging him to run for president — O’Rourke boomeranged between a bright-eyed hope that the United States will soon dramatically change its approach to a whole host of issues and a dismal suspicion that the country is now incapable of implementing sweeping change.

When asked which it is, O’Rourke paused.

more
https://freebeacon.com/politics/orourke-questions-relevance-of-the-constitution-does-it-still-work/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Robert Francis is an embarrassment. He probably wants to be installed as the skate-boarding monarch for life.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Robert Francis is an embarrassment. He probably wants to be installed as the skate-boarding monarch for life.

Beto is Obama's little buddy and just as stupid.  He'll make a great Rat candidate.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline skeeter

Watched Beto debate one time during the last election. Utterly unimpressed. The guy is a total media creation.

Offline libertybele

Watched Beto debate one time during the last election. Utterly unimpressed. The guy is a total media creation.

He is the poster child for the DEMS.  I predict he will be the DEM presidential nominee and will chose Castro as his running mate.  God help us.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Beto is the kind of guy that would put mustard and catchup on his tamales.

Oh wait...

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
Beto is the kind of guy that would put mustard and catchup on his tamales.

Oh wait...

Holy cr@p!   :thud:
Let it burn.

Offline montanajoe

"Does this still work"

Hmmmm....Isn't that the question those on the right calling for a Convention of States are asking... :shrug:

Offline ABX

Holy cr@p!   :thud:

I can't confirm that is real and I just noticed that it doesn't have a blue checkmark next to his name.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Nacho knows nothing and thinks he knows everything. That points clearly to a successful political career.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline berdie

I read an article about him on Texas Tribune today.(left leaning site). It was about his stance...or no stance on illegal immigration and other things. He has NO stated opinions.  His stance is  it needs to be debated???  It was the biggest bunch of gobbedly gook I've ever read.

If he gets the nomination...I'll be surprised. Of course I was surprised that he had a good run for for Senator in Texas that he did. People are dumb.

Offline ABX

I read an article about him on Texas Tribune today.(left leaning site). It was about his stance...or no stance on illegal immigration and other things. He has NO stated opinions.  His stance is  it needs to be debated???  It was the biggest bunch of gobbedly gook I've ever read.

If he gets the nomination...I'll be surprised. Of course I was surprised that he had a good run for for Senator in Texas that he did. People are dumb.

So he is from the Hopey Changey tribe. He'll decide what position he takes when he sees what will get him elected, like the other Hope & Change Presidents.

Offline berdie

So he is from the Hopey Changey tribe. He'll decide what position he takes when he sees what will get him elected, like the other Hope & Change Presidents.

He is much like the biggest "Hopey Changey" president in our history. Walks around with a white shirt with sleeves rolled up, courts the college crowd and does "cool" stuff like skateboard. He's a dangerous creep.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Robert Francis is a dullard and has very few neurons firing. He thinks he can get away with trying to be all things to all people, "not care" if you are democrat or republican, and other whimsy.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Wanna bet the 'bystanders' urging him to run for POTUS were shills hired for the purpose of making that idea seem popular?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Well for corrupt Dems who like to steal from and oppress their constituents in their constant quest for absolute power, no the Constitution definitely doesn't work.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
I can't confirm that is real and I just noticed that it doesn't have a blue checkmark next to his name.

If it's not real, then it's an excellent trolling by someone.  :cool:
Let it burn.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

That was surprising @berdie   But there was a lot of money (probably from Soros) behind his run and it was a total effort to defeat one of our true conservatives and constitutional scholars.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Suggesting Beto will be the candidate is dismissing the notion HR Clinton will run.  She is running, has been running for a solid year.  She will announce she is running once a dozen or so Dems announce they too are running.  It will not take long, because everyone that is a registered Dem is contemplating a run. 

Clinton will run, her 40% base will bring her victory after victory, and she gets the nomination again...easily!  And Bernie will be inconsequential.  Again, he was the anti-Clinton candidate in 2016.  With a dozen or more in 2020, he gets a single digit number with each state primary/caucus.  Same for O'Rourke, he gets 8-14% while Clinton walks away with 35-40% in each event. 

Get used to the idea:    TRUMP vs CLINTON in 2020

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

Its outrageous that a person who has these feelings about our Constitution could very well be a poster boy for the Democrats.  Without the Constitution things could plunge so quickly to anarchy.  With this latest bunch in Congress there has never been a time that this quote was more appropriate:

Have you given us a monarchy or a republic, she asked the oldest of the Founding Fathers. "A republic, Madam, if you can keep it,"

-Benjamin Franklin

Can we keep it?
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline jafo2010

To question the Constitution in its entirety, one would have to be an anarchist.  O'Rourke is another empty suit, like Obama.  There is no way America falls for his stick.  Obama got elected for several reasons.  First, it was a lock that a Dem would win in 2008, because Bush was largely seen as a poor president. Obama was merely an opportunist that wished to repeat history, an incredibly bad president being followed by a relative unknown.  It happened when Carter was elected.

The other reason for Obama getting elected was stupid white people and others declaring that 'it was time America voted for a black man to be president', like that was reason enough to vote for the man.  Gone are those moronic mindsets, replaced by I hope views of 'I will not be fooled again'.  O'Rourke is an empty suit, and he just will not be able to stand up to the Clinton machine.  As long as HR Clinton is not indicted, she is the 800 pound gorilla in the Dem jungle.  She skates to a primary victory, thanks in large part to the caravan of Democommies running for president.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
To question the Constitution in its entirety, one would have to be an anarchist.  O'Rourke is another empty suit, like Obama.  There is no way America falls for his stick.  Obama got elected for several reasons.  First, it was a lock that a Dem would win in 2008, because Bush was largely seen as a poor president. Obama was merely an opportunist that wished to repeat history, an incredibly bad president being followed by a relative unknown.  It happened when Carter was elected.

The other reason for Obama getting elected was stupid white people and others declaring that 'it was time America voted for a black man to be president', like that was reason enough to vote for the man.  Gone are those moronic mindsets, replaced by I hope views of 'I will not be fooled again'.  O'Rourke is an empty suit, and he just will not be able to stand up to the Clinton machine.  As long as HR Clinton is not indicted, she is the 800 pound gorilla in the Dem jungle.  She skates to a primary victory, thanks in large part to the caravan of Democommies running for president.
The only thing we learn from history is that we don't learn anything from history.

Don't underestimate the constant MSM drumbeat against Trump. They are going to make something of this Russia thing, if they have to plant the evidence. In the meantime, the GOPe has been subtly undercutting Trump--and did so when they had control of both Houses of Congress. Now, of course, they have an excuse. It will be the absence of legislated reform, the shutdown (blamed on Trump, but where's the Bill?), and any other optic they can bring to bear to make Trump unpopular in the public psyche. Those efforts have been a full court press, by both sides of the aisle--or at least with enough GOP defectors to make it work.
Just as the 'Anyone but Hillary' vote cannot be ignored as a factor in putting the POTUS in office, the media generated 'Anyone but Trump' vote could be a factor in a loss.

Despite high percentages of Americans favoring a substantial physical barrier at the border, failure to make progress will be blamed on the POTUS, rather than the Congress that has failed to act for 60+years. That could cause a backlash, and lose the election.

We're political junkies, here, but the average American isn't. We're paying attention, distrust the MSM implicitly, and look for bias before we even read the article. Our opinions are not so easily swayed as the rank and file who haven't been paying attention--the one possible bonus of Trump's constant tweets, is that he can get more people to at least look at what is going on.

So, between the MSM and voter fraud, someone like Beto could be made into a viable candidate, no matter what we opine otherwise. While Hillary's ship may have sailed, the absence of prosecution, even indictment, for the egregious crimes and violations of regulations under her watch will, in the minds of her faithful, substantiate that she is a victim of the "evil Right", maligned mercilessly, and had the election 'stolen' from her through the diabolical machinations of the Electoral College. (Not true, but that's how it could be spun in order to stuff her into office.)

Don't underestimate the substantial resources and connections she has after decades of running her rackets. I would even go so far as to postulate that there might be a convenient personal loss which could not only relieve her of some philandering baggage but allow her to be presented as the 'brave, strong, woman who soldiers on'. (Enough to make you gag, but a likely sales pitch, and one which might get through to those who don't know jack about how things are supposed to work.)

Put her together with the latest 'rising star' in the Democrat manure heap, and you will pull in the young and dumb vote, the 'you go girl' vote, those who admire the fable of the poor child from the Bronx who overcame to rise to be a vibrant young face in the media, and other assorted useful idiots.

Unfortunately, those idiots vote, and are unable or unwilling to consider the repercussions of their vote beyond the superficialities which compelled them to vote that way in the first place. That's how Obama got in (with a little help from legions of dead democrats and the 'vote early, vote often' campaign which pulled in turnouts of 110% in some districts.

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers. It isn't over 'till it's over, and the Hillary vote, even with the 'fix', was substantial.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline jafo2010

Good post Smokin Joe.

Unless HRC is indicted, she is running.  Look for her to announce once there is a dozen or so that commit before her.  The more in the race, the easier it will be for her.  I suspect she has a base of 40% of the Dems locked up, and with her billions in her war chest, no one will be able to compete.  No one.

And then the general election comes along, and as long as the economy is decent, Trump gets 40 Electoral College states.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
This guy is really embarrassing.