Author Topic: Trump orders thousands back to work without pay to blunt shutdown disruption  (Read 510 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Separate from the Judge order in the prior thread...

The Trump administration has ordered thousands of furloughed federal employees back to work without pay to inspect planes, issue tax refunds, monitor food safety and facilitate the sale of offshore oil drilling rights.
The efforts in recent days illustrate how President Donald Trump is trying to limit the impact of the partial government shutdown and shield favored industries as the funding impasse thwarts the deployment of new aircraft, stock offerings and even craft beers. The Obama administration took the opposite approach in 2013 by erecting barricades around open-air monuments and largely closing national parks — then leveraging public anger to blame Republicans for halted government services....

https://lfpress.com/news/world/trump-orders-thousands-back-to-work-without-pay-to-blunt-shutdown-disruption/wcm/e52ed624-48a4-4f17-9f35-56b841a4800b

Offline RetBobbyMI

Although the article nor you say anything about the authority in which Trump acted, I’m sure there is one. It probably one of the emergency powers acts that congress has already passed long ago. I would try to find it if I wasn’t on a mobile device.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline Frank Cannon

Everyone of these dirty lazy govt' workers can go straight to hell. Don't like your job go get a real one in the private sector.