Author Topic: Three children dead after becoming trapped in freezer in Florida  (Read 349 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Three children dead after becoming trapped in freezer in Florida

By: Alicia Turner I WCTV Eyewitness News
January 14, 2019

Cropped Photo: LWP Communications / Flickr / CC BY 2.0
LIVE OAK, Fla. (WCTV) -- The silence blistered just one day after three children died outside of a home in Suwannee County, when an afternoon of play quickly turned into an evening of pain.

"It's very sad. I have children of my own. They're grown now, but it makes me reflect on when they were smaller. We could never be too cautious with them," said Suwannee County resident Martin Stewart.

The children were reportedly playing outside when they climbed into a chest freezer. Suwannee County Sheriff Sam St. John said investigators believe when the lid closed, the latch did too, sealing it immediately.

Read more at: https://www.nbc15.com/content/news/Three-children-dead-after-becoming-trapped-in-freezer-in-Florida-504369891.html

This is more of the kind of stuff that happened in yesteryear, when some of us were kids and then, the warnings went out, "make sure any refrigerator or freezer put outside is disabled so no one can suffocate". I haven't heard of this happening in years. It is sad, 3 children, one as young as 1 years old, all dead.

In fact, the article goes on to mention a law that was made in 1956 requiring fridges, freezers, washing machines too, to be rendered safe for children (and others).
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 01:10:22 am by TomSea »